When does doc ock go away?

evade420
evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
Do we know an exact date yet, can't remember how it goes is it 2 weeks from introduction of a new 5* or 2 weeks after their store closes?

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    After the store closes, so on or around 10/23
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Per past releases, it should be 2 weeks from store closing, which would have Gambit replacing Doc Oc on October 23rd at some point during the day.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    October 23rd. After PP & DD both have a second turn as PVE essential just a week before people actually pull to champ them.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks! I was so hoping it was this coming week
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    And as soon as he is gone he will get a rebalance and become the best 5*
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arix90 said:
    And as soon as he is gone he will get a rebalance and become the best 5*
    That would be nice, mine at 456 as of today. My highest character.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    after oc leaves, how much time will i have to hoard before the next 5* comes? i think with gambit, the 3 in latest will be decent. but i'd like have a fork tonne of pulls before i blow my wad.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    4-6 weeks.  Normally 5's are about 6 weeks apart.  If there is a 5 to coincide with thor ragnarok, 4 weeks.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably one of the few, but will be sad when doc ock leaves. As a non hoarder, He is the first 5 star that I have ever managed to build up so high (9 covers) in latest.
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Not soon enough
  • Milk Jugz
    corytutor said:
    Not soon enough
    Do you have him? Best AoE in the game! Sure it's a 10 turn CD, but Carol can end it immediately. 5 covers at 456 over 30k, again AoE. Can't wait for him to be required and boosted. Based on Parker pre and post stats, I'm guessing close to 80k.

Also his black and blue powers have great utility. Pair him with Thanos, drop a couple tentacles. When you down someone and he's stunned, you get as many free moves on your next turn as tentacles. Don't judge him too quickly!!
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd said:
    after oc leaves, how much time will i have to hoard before the next 5* comes? i think with gambit, the 3 in latest will be decent. but i'd like have a fork tonne of pulls before i blow my wad.
    Until Thor: Ragnarok which comes out on the 3rd of November, roughly 6 weeks.
  • corytutor
    Yeah im sure he's great. But theres other things id rather have. I have 7 covers for him so pve isnt an issue. Skipping him and daredevil. Hoarding for gambit and the next 2 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    4-6 weeks.  Normally 5's are about 6 weeks apart.  If there is a 5 to coincide with thor ragnarok, 4 weeks.
    Even without any special knowledge i am 100% confident there will be a 5* release to coincide with thor ragnarok. . .
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl said:
    jredd said:
    Until Thor: Ragnarok which comes out on the 3rd of November, roughly 6 weeks.
    Ummmm... November 3rd was three weeks from the 13th. I would bet money we'll see a 5* MCU Thor though around that time, so unfortunately the window between Gambit and Thor will likely be only four weeks total. 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh snap, you're right (bad at math sometimes), well, probably 4 weeks then.

Special store running until like Nov 7-8 + 2 weeks...     November 22nd or so.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    And right before he is released we will have another "1:4 bug" to try to get every one to spend their hoarded CP! 

Lol
  • corytutor
    No swaps. Forget that noise
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Darknes21 said:
    And right before he is released we will have another "1:4 bug" to try to get every one to spend their hoarded CP! 

Lol
    Unless they retune Banner I don't think anyone will go anywhere  near that store at any odds

You can bet a Thor store will have Thor, Banner, Strange
  • Milk Jugz
    fmftint said:
    Darknes21 said:

Lol
    Unless they retune Banner I don't think anyone will go anywhere  near that store at any odds

You can bet a Thor store will have Thor, Banner, Strange
    Oooooo.... Champ levels for my Banner. Sign me up!!!