X-men Simulator, why is the difficult so high?

13»

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think how hard it is now is determined by (at least in CL9) if you have the required 5* champed.  I cut through PVE like a hot knife through butter with a champed Spidey, R4G, and G4mora.  It was insanely easy.

On the flip side, I'm now in Deadpool Vs. and my 3 -cover Daredevil is getting whomped in that first essential.  I had to whale it twice now cuz I kept getting one-shotted by their powers.  Doesn't help, its Bobby and the Wonder-Team.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    n25philly said:
    With the new scaling scheme, if anyone complaints they are finding things too difficult then it's their own fault. They eat more than they could chew. If you want to have an easy time, take the highest SCL that your roster can take on, then move down a level. My roster can take on SCL 8 any day, even SCL 9 if I feel like getting punished for every wrong move, but for daily play I now pick SCL 7. I can do the final clears in about half an hour, which is very helpful because I usually do this on my way home from work.
    I dropped down two levels and found it like 50x harder than any event I've played since the change.  If that isn't worth complaining I don't know what is.  When on the first clear Rouge's power siphon downs anyone on my team in one shot it's not fun.  What am I supposed to play on rank 1?
    You should provide a link to your MPQ Compendium account, show us your roster. So that people would have a clearer view on how your current roster should fare in the current event. You could really be punching above your weight, you know....
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,796 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a rotten first day, more challenges like this please. Give carnage back his teeth in venom bomb too. 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    I didn't find the nodes that hard - of course I used boosted/champed Grocket and 4* Star Lord with Medusa in the non-essential nodes and I play in SCL 7.  The key was hitting many of the characters in the right order.  Gambit and Rogue, along with XFDP and Colossus and Prof X make the order in which you take them down very relevant.  I normally hit Gambit first since his purple would remove strike tiles fairly fast.  You could only hit him though by matching certain colors when Rogue was present, thankfully Gambits health is low.  Rogue is best left until second or last if possible since her damage reduction is reduced with each ally of hers that you down.  Prof X is also an important target early one to prevent his invisibility (importance depends on your team combination).  

I think they perhaps threw Rogue in a few too many times myself but new character and limited X-men roster I guess.  If you didn't have 4* Grocket champed, I imagine the clears would have been much harder.  

Medusa was key in beating Rogue for non-essential as her attack tiles with Grockets pumped up strike tiles sliced through any character like butter.  Gambit I could take down in the first or second turn depending on if I could get a cascade on my first match.  Colossus was the only real pain when he fired off his yellow several times, forcing you to target him with his damage reduction and higher health pool. 

The one node I made a big mistake in was the Jean Grey, Gambit and Rogue(maybe?) node.  I killed Rogue first, and then target Gambit but by that time he had built up a ton of purple AP and the AI was matching green which left Jean Grey with a ton of AP to fire off several back to back AoE attacks.  I changed my strategy up and always made sure to target Gambit first from there on.  Although, if I wasn't using 4* Grocket, I wouldn't have been as worried about Gambit since it was his purple tile removal that I was afraid of, not his damage from red or purple.  
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    n25philly said:
    With the new scaling scheme, if anyone complaints they are finding things too difficult then it's their own fault. They eat more than they could chew. If you want to have an easy time, take the highest SCL that your roster can take on, then move down a level. My roster can take on SCL 8 any day, even SCL 9 if I feel like getting punished for every wrong move, but for daily play I now pick SCL 7. I can do the final clears in about half an hour, which is very helpful because I usually do this on my way home from work.
    I dropped down two levels and found it like 50x harder than any event I've played since the change.  If that isn't worth complaining I don't know what is.  When on the first clear Rouge's power siphon downs anyone on my team in one shot it's not fun.  What am I supposed to play on rank 1?
    You should provide a link to your MPQ Compendium account, show us your roster. So that people would have a clearer view on how your current roster should fare in the current event. You could really be punching above your weight, you know....
    I'll have to update it, it's been a while.  I of course wasn't paying attention today and went into cl9 for Deadpool vs.  So much easier than cl7 for simulator...
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Ok, here is my android account.  A bit better than my steam, especially with the 4*'s

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/n25philly/