X-men Simulator, why is the difficult so high?

n25philly
n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
Maybe it's just me, but I am so majorly frustrated with this event.  The last two events I forgot about shield rank nine and accidentally entered at that.  I don't have a lot of free time so I just do one clear so it was fine and I managed through with little problem.  For this event I remembered a selected rank 7.  I am getting destroyed left and right.  Every match I am getting hit by every power every turn.  Just played the Mystique required node and lasted maybe 5 turns.  Most of them have been like that.  I'm used to the one with the large amount of iso being tough, but I am struggling to get by the 2* essential which even on clearance lvl 9 was always a breeze.  Is it just me or is there something up with this event?

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,796 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only the first sub was abnormally hard for me, not having Rocket Gamora champed. Normally I breeze through my CL too but sub one was pain for me, took me hours. Other subs as normal really.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    sim is always the hardest pve event.

1.  Its against real characters instead of goons.
    2.  The teams are usually well tuned.  The devs specifically to build challenging enemy team comps.  This event and gauntlet always have the toughest matchups.

I'm sorta confused by your post in this sense.
    Scl 9 is tuned for champ level 5*, 350-370 range 4*,  buffed 4* champs.  Regardless of your actual eligibility to play in scl9, the enemies are set for big powerful rosters.

Scl7 is tuned for low  level 5*, buffed 4* champs,  max champed 3*.

If your team isn't within those bands, expect to wipe multiple times on the 6 and 7th clear of the hard/essential nodes

• Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Its gonna depend on your roster. Using champed G4mora, Medusa and BG Id do 4x clears on everything but the 5* essential and only use 2 health packs at most. Even with the 5* essential Im able to hit 7x without much struggle. Gambit and Rogue are surprisingly strong though.
  • n25philly
    Phumade said:

2.  The teams are usually well tuned.  The devs specifically to build challenging enemy team comps.  This event and gauntlet always have the toughest matchups.

Scl 9 is tuned for champ level 5*, 350-370 range 4*,  buffed 4* champs.  Regardless of your actual eligibility to play in scl9, the enemies are set for big powerful rosters.

If your team isn't within those bands, expect to wipe multiple times on the 6 and 7th clear of the hard/essential nodes

Really?  To do one clear?  Before level 9 came I exclusively did 8 and never had a problem.  Have they run simulator with the new difficulty levels before?  If so I made it through on level 8 before.  This isn't a tiny jump in difficulty, this feels like a massive jump.  Then again, the AI has been feeling super cheap in every mode lately.
  • BigMike182
    BigMike182 Posts: 60 Match Maker
    I play SCL 7 & I've been doing fine w/ GRocket & G4mora (both champed). They end matches quicker, dishing out more damage per turn and having a great stun. If you don't have those two, getting past Rogue and Gambit can be tough. I've been using (champed) Medusa, Coulson, or Bl4de as my 3rd. What characters have you been using?
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Gambit + Rogue + stupid required  characters = difficult clears. Add in that the nodes are one 5 star and two 4 stars and most people will be toast.
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Im actually enjoying it 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    MPQ is hard.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    So you can know how awesome rogue and gambit are so you spend on getting them champed
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    n25philly said:
    Phumade said:

Really?  To do one clear?  Before level 9 came I exclusively did 8 and never had a problem.  Have they run simulator with the new difficulty levels before?  If so I made it through on level 8 before.  This isn't a tiny jump in difficulty, this feels like a massive jump.  Then again, the AI has been feeling super cheap in every mode lately.
    I see lots of people mention that they are having a simple time with Gamora rocket medusa combos.  Unless they note otherwise,  I'm assuming that means 260-280 or champed level 4*.

a baby champed 4* is pretty equivalent to a max champed 3*.

I think of a low level 5* as around 255=300 range.  Again that team is equivalent to a maxed champed 3*.

the 5th, 6th, 7th clear of the hard nodes are supposed to be challenging for teams in those levels.

you should specificy when you used to play scl8.  We recently changed from roster based scaling, to standard clearance based level scaling.

in SCL scaling (which we currently use):  The enemy levels are preset to a std roster.

In roster based scaling you could play scl 8 with a 1* roster and the game would give you easy enemeies.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,050 Chairperson of the Boards
    That gambit/prof x/OML team.... wow. Thank the gods I have Medusa, R&G, G4mora champed. 
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Phumade said:
    n25philly said:
    Phumade said:

I see lots of people mention that they are having a simple time with Gamora rocket medusa combos.  Unless they note otherwise,  I'm assuming that means 260-280 or champed level 4*.

a baby champed 4* is pretty equivalent to a max champed 3*.

I think of a low level 5* as around 255=300 range.  Again that team is equivalent to a maxed champed 3*.

the 5th, 6th, 7th clear of the hard nodes are supposed to be challenging for teams in those levels.

you should specificy when you used to play scl8.  We recently changed from roster based scaling, to standard clearance based level scaling.

in SCL scaling (which we currently use):  The enemy levels are preset to a std roster.

In roster based scaling you could play scl 8 with a 1* roster and the game would give you easy enemeies.

I did fine with champed medusa and level 140 carnage
  • dstann
    dstann Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Gambit + Rogue + stupid required  characters = difficult clears. Add in that the nodes are one 5 star and two 4 stars and most people will be toast.
    I found Gambit was a really good counter to my baby groot so I used medusa and carnage in nodes against him.   
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    I used groot parker bolt or thanos. 

Boosted parker was a wrecking ball
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Outside of a ridiculously crazy hard match I had with Prof X on sub 1 I've been absolutely destroying Simulator and I haaaaaaate Simulator. Granted it's easy to do that when you're using R4G/Gamora/Medusa. Playing on 7. Even destroyed the Spidey node like it was nothing. Feels weird.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Before I settled on Grocket/Gamora-ing everything to death, Simulator was hard for me. The Mystique node on day 1 (what was it, Rogue/Gambit/Jean?) was OBLITERATING me, at one point beating me four times in a row with four different teams.

Ever since I said "Nuts to this" and started using 4* Grocket and 4* Gamora, everything has been MUCH easier. But if you don't have those two at significant levels, yeah... this event is megahard. 

**Removed inappropriate language - Ducky
  • n25philly
    It was the AI being cheap.  Got back to it this evening and the AI didn't go crazy with the cascades right from the beginning of the match and surprise, I got through them pretty easy/quickly.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    The problem I've been having is with node 6 in Sub 3. Not that it's too hard, but just that every turn has so much time taken up with animations, between Gambit's two actives, Reluctant Hero, and Psychic Convergence, plus the occasional forehead o' doom. Those clears took forever, it felt like.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is the easiest time I've had with simulator. I'm absolutely loving the boost they put on the required 5* character!! Though check back on DPvMPQ...... My DD only level 255 5/4/1..... Won't be so easy.......
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    n25philly said:
     I am getting destroyed left and right.  Every match I am getting hit by every power every turn.  
    Don't you know they want u to lose! They want u to buy health packs.