The devs must be really proud of those Gambit animations...

... because holy tinykitty I'm seeing 50 of them every match in simulator. 

I get it- those Gambit animations are pretty spiffy. The poses, the cards, the eyes- great job, guys! 
They just slooooooow the matches to a crawl and make me nostalgic for Cardusa paired with boosted Juggernaut.

Real talk: I would pay one American dollar for a "skip Gambi-mations" button. Think about it devs, you're sitting on a goldmine here!

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not as bad as Carnage animations.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Anon said:

No I'd have to agree with Mike, for some reason the Gambit ones are more annoying and just seem slower.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think active animations are longer than passives.  But gambit generates so much ap that his actives proc almost as ofteb as passives.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I was on the node with Gambit and Jean, and accidentally made a match 5 which stunned my whole team. The 2-turn stun plus all the Gambit animations that followed took so long that my phone went to sleep before the AI's turn ended. (My phone is set to sleep after 1 minute)
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    As a mostly casual player I don't mind those animations. As competitive it may be more annoying. But that is the fault of the competitive, because it is made around speed. If it were different, then animations wouldn't be so important.

To be fair, if you play Medusa, you are used to longer time due to animations, and Gambit doesn't have longer total animations than Medusa.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:

Better example would be the Business As Usual node with 3* Magneto and Hood.
    Back when Magneto's red cost 2AP. And Hood would likely drain at least 1 red from you every turn. So Magneto fired that move every...single...turn.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    He wouldn't be so bad except that purple is WAY longer than it needs to be. Speed that **** up.
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Jarvind said:
    He wouldn't be so bad except that purple is WAY longer than it needs to be. Speed that tinykitty up.
    or give us an option in the setting to disable/enable animation, and they can make it, first time always play the animation, so we would see it at least one time.

the animation that take long time, not just annoying for competition reason (like PVP, that will effect us and we might get attacked by the time the fight is finished), but also it is annoying in general (because we saw it million times, and it slow the play).
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    And the thing is, i feel like i have to save him for last so he prevents other characters from firing purple and red powers. What a double edged sword!
  • afsplat
    afsplat Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    I swear I've screamed at my phone, "Just let me play!"
  • Enderikari
    Enderikari Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Doesn't get played as much, but man, does the Beast animations feel like they take 12 minutes.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    MojoWild said:
    And the thing is, i feel like i have to save him for last so he prevents other characters from firing purple and red powers. What a double edged sword!
    I always kill him first. He's going to constantly hit you for free, otherwise. Gambit is essentially a goon that can move tiles. 
  • BigMike182
    BigMike182 Posts: 60 Match Maker
    GRocket & Gamora (GRockmora?) have become my new best friends. I try to kill Gambit before the strike tiles get matched away.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love Gambit and Rogue, but I'm not even sure I'd play with him if I had him fully covered and levelled. I guess I'd have to, but would I voluntarily put myself through that if I didn't have to? 

They really need to shorten them or something. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doesn't get played as much, but man, does the Beast animations feel like they take 12 minutes.
    See also Hood and Doom's black. How long do I need to watch Doom with his arms out pretending to be Dazzler?
  • D4Ni13
    See also Hood and Doom's black. How long do I need to watch Doom with his arms out pretending to be Dazzler?
    Lol :)))
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    The Gambit, OML, Prof X node is like watching a movie after every turn.  Gambit fires, Prof X fires, OML fires, Prof X fires again,  yadda yadda yadda, make a match, my turn.
  • D4Ni13
    The Gambit, OML, Prof X node is like watching a movie after every turn.  Gambit fires, Prof X fires, OML fires, Prof X fires again,  yadda yadda yadda, make a match, my turn.
    Or you can use Gamora & Grocket and kill Gambit in 2 turns and the match..err movie... is essentially over.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 said:
    Or you can use Gamora & Grocket and kill Gambit in 2 turns and the match..err movie... is essentially over.
    You're assuming everyone has them champed? 
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    I always kill him first. Gambit is essentially a goon that can move tiles. 

Which is why I kill him last with 3* Strange on the team. Why do the work when Gambit will do it for you?