What is you favorite and least favorite story event?

Options
2»

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Strange Sights used to be my unquestioned favorite. I loved getting all the tokens!

I still love it, but Iso doesn't give me the dopamine rush from "ooh I wonder what I'm gonna get!"
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Favorite: Webbed Wonder for boss fight, wave nodes, Howard cover, heavy on goons and it's a short event. More events need a similar format.

Least Favorite: Venom Bomb
  • twistmonkey
    twistmonkey Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options

Favourite: Strange Sights - decent rewards, it's cool that you can pick which order to do the subs in (which leads to not knowing your accurate event placement until you finish), easy-ish goon nodes to deal with and a decent boss fight every day - what's not to love?!

Least favourite: any 7 day event. Don't care if it's Hulk or Prodigal Son, it just drags after day 3 or 4.

• Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    chaos01 said:
    I prefer any event with wave nodes that give event tokens.
    That's exactly my thought! Wave nodes events with lots of tokens are my favorites: Enemy of the State, Heart of Darkness, Strange Sights, Webbed Wonder. Now, Venom Bomb... it is sure a real pain...
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Love EoTS

Hate Venom Bomb and The Hulk
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Worst events: The Hunt (because of Sub 2), Honor Amongst Thieves (because of sub 2), Gauntlet (because of the horrible horrible reward structure)

Favorite events: Strange Sights after the Sentries were fixed, but before they nerfed the alliance rewards from tokens to ISO. Thick as Thieves under new scl scaling. EOTS.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Always hated The Gauntlet, simply because you can't really progress until you have all the required characters. Every other event you can repeat nodes to progress and you only lose 1 node per missing character so why not in this one? Missing out on a lot of nodes is just not fun.

Always like Strange Sights (although the nodes are too close to each other, so easy to select the wrong one) and any event that has waves which give you event tokens!

• dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Favs: 
    Strange Sights
    Enemy of the State
    MPQ vs Deadpool: One of my favorite for my playing style/time. I love that I can play 3 or 4 clears, then have another day to finish up the rest. Feels like less of a grind.
    Simulator: I love the challenge of fighting different combinations of characters.
    Webbed Wonder: The thought that Spider-Man and Howard are crashing a picnic of snipers and Daken cracks me up.

Least:
    Hulk event: So repetitive! 
    The Hunt, is this the one with the Florida node? Because that node sucks!!!
    Prodigal Sun: So long, so boring.

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Faves

Strange Sights - almost entirely goon nodes so it's fairly easy, variety of opponents, interesting boss fight with a big chunk of ISO each sub, and sub rewards are awesome. A+.

Simulator - the only event where the opponents change each run, lots of variety, no stupid dialogue to skip, fat ISO node at the end of each sub. A.

Most Hated

Venom Bomb - yeaaahhh. Even after they nerfed Carnage's face off, this event is still super obnoxious. D.

Meet Rocket & Groot - the event overall isn't that bad, but that Juggernaut + 2 Muscles node makes me want to throw my tablet every time. C-.

Gauntlet - Yeah I said it. The rewards suck, no sub rewards at all, and it lasts 7 days which is way longer than needed. Plus everyone always makes 50 whine threads about it. F.

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    snlf25 said:
    My absolute least favorite and despised event is the DDQ. Hear me out. The burrito and the right side of the event are great. Really appreciated rewards especially the 4* Crash when I can complete it. Super fast and easy. The left side of the event is dog tinykitty. I have 37 champed 4*s and most of my daily frustration with this game comes from the tinykitty scaling on 2* nodes and the fact that I still have to keep a roster spot for a 1* . A couple days ago I nearly wiped on the 1000 Iso node and was faced with either using 3 health packs or waiting 4 hours for regeneration to do the wave node. Its just stupid.

No one is forcing you to roster a onestar - if you'd rather have one more roster spot than 500 ISO and an extra Taco token each day then you can just cut the onestar.

And you have 24 hours to complete the DDQ, so I don't know why it would be a big problem to wait a few hours if you don't want to use Health packs...

(Personally I enjoy getting to use the lower level characters on my roster too, so I like the low-level DDQ nodes. Clearing the one-star node with just Juggernaut is a bit tedious, but it works well enough).

I never said anything about anybody forcing me to do anything. The question asked was what are your favorite/least favorite events. I answered and gave my reasons, simple as that.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Favorite event: The next one! Man, I'm looking forward to it already!

Least favorite event: The last one! Man, I'm glad that is finally over!
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Favorites

Hearts of Darkness - Variety in the goons over the first two subs and a great deal of fun in the final. Even the Dark Avengers node in the final sub doesn't annoy me as everything else is different.

Strange Sights - Kaecilius fight is great and the choose your sub mechanic is great.

Enemy of the State - The best weeklong event by a huge amount. Never really minded the Kishu and I enjoy wave nodes.

Hated

The Hunt - Nothing that hasn't already been said earlier in the thread

Thick as Thieves - Always annoyed me way more than The Hunt. Even from day 1. Please shoot them both into the sun, never to return.

Honor Among Thieves - So many goons, so many animations, so much autoplay with passives just to get through. I do enjoy the Nova nodes at the end. He's not someone we fight often.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Strange Sights.  There is no second place.  

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Favorites: Strange Sights, Hearts of Darkness, Enemy of the State, any of the ones with a nice ISO boost node including Simulator.

Least Favorite: The Hunt, Boss Rush, any others that are mostly Dark Avengers.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Favorite: Enemy of The State

Least Favorite: The Hulk

My decision is based on difficulty vs. reward, as once my roster got a certain level, difficulty became much more subjective. Most nodes aren't "hard" anymore, some are just more annoying than others. So it's more about what I get for putting up with the annoyance.

For example, sure Simulator cost me more health packs than your average event, but I feel the extra 3500 ISO at the end of every sub is nice payoff for the extra effort. On the flip side of that, you have The Gauntlet - which is practically the Simulator on crack with MUCH less worthy rewards. Enemy of The State is my favorite because of the 7 days of wave nodes of mostly Hand Goons, and you get to walk away with a pretty nice amount of event tokens just for playing to progression. Yeah it's 7 days where you don't get to use any variation of Mr. Logan for like 5 of them, but it's been a loooooong time since I relied on my Patch & OML for well....anything. The Hulk is another case of the opposite, you fight nothing but those damn Dark Avengers and they're super cheap abilities for seven days straight, and the only kind of special compensation you get is....a 3-Hulk cover. Like um....thanks guys? I enjoy Prodigal Sun almost purely because of how much of a contrast it is, getting to fight the regular Avengers who are so much easier to put down. Certain days are actually themed after certain Avengers, where in Hulk you are fighting some combination of the same 6 or so folks on EVERY node. Moonstone, Juggernaught, and Daken's health scale to just absurd levels. 
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Favourites are Strange Sights, Enemy of the State, Hearts of Darkness and Webbed Wonder.

I don't much like the Hunt, because of the Florida sub which needs to be killed by fire. I hate, hate, hate the Hulk. Normally I don't care what length an event is - I play every day regardless, what's the difference? But with the Hulk I feel every minute of those 7 days stretching out ahead of me, and even when you think it's over you have approximately one million one-time nodes fighting the same enemies you've been cursing all week.

We need Sentry to evaporate that one with his supernova whatnot.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    +What was the name of that Coulson event that was TBC'd? That was a fresh take on the goon squad
    +Also liked the Guardians before they got bundled and prize nerfed. I like the spacing, after fighting the Duhvengers It's kind of like "meanwhile back in the batcave....". they gave out a four star with improved release odds! now its just a prog grind. 
    +Webbed Wonder
    has the best line "someones always gotta take their shirt off..." with a mini boss node and plenty of waves
    +Strange Sights
    for the freedom to choose, waves and mini vaults
    + I tend to like the ones that give you a guarenteed cover- even if it is a sentry

-I am bored with DPvsMPQ, I like the middle of the map having a DP req'd node, the HP giveaway when I FIRST started seemed so cool thatI'm still kinda nostalgic but im now only meh
    -I'm so over Meet Rocket and Groot. With a little bit of restyling or node restructuring (not dialouge art) and spicing it up with a sqrlgrl req'd one shot and maybe not running it as often it could be great again. I do like that it gives lotsa exp even for casual players .
    -Venom. Bomb.
    Hard. Pass
    -Simulator is sooooo grindey. puzzley as what but takes so much time. that 7,000 though! I was feeling that!

I wish they would skip like a month of releases and just work on new story material. New backgrounds are huge, some all new mobs, a civil war/secret invasion type of story event where you fight against heroes, and waves. basicly every event should have two waves.