What is you favorite and least favorite story event?

Options
Wumpushunter
Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
Too many for a poll so just pick from the following list:

Simulator
Thick as Thieves
The Hunt
Venom Bomb
Meet Rocket and Groot
Unstable ISO 8
Enemy of the State
Heart of Darkness
Iso 8 Brotherhood
Prodigal Sun
The Hulk
The Gauntlet
Deadpool vs MPQ
Honor Among Thieves

Not a complete list I don't think, so if you can think of anymore you can vote for them.

My favorite is  Heart of Darkness as it only has 1 day of heroes and 2 days of goons
My least favorite is Simulator

Comments

• Arctic_One
    Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The Gauntlet(old style) is favorite..love Simulator too.
    Least favs are Venom Bomb and Honor Among Thieves as the goons are too repetitive and slow.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Favorite: Deadpool vs MPQ.

Least Favorite: Prodigal Sun. Man do I hate that event holy ****.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I always liked Prodigal Sun, as it's nice to see the bad guys win one every now and then, and the dialog wasn't bad. Same for Deadpool vs. MPQ (funny the first time through, at least to me), and same for Meet Rocket & Groot. My least favorite is Gauntlet, because there was no dialog, too much work for meager rewards, and not even any fun fight descriptions.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My favourite is anyone that doesn't have tile movers or minimal amounts of them. So Strange Sights, Rocket and Groot etc.

I hate the Simulator and Gauntlet.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Most liked? Simulator, Prodigal Sun and Strange for me. First two because they offer something different to Dark Avengers. Last one because of all the sub event rewards!

Most hated? The Hunt (Florida, man. Just Florida...), Unstable ISO (Lots of Dark Avengers) and The Hulk (ALL OF THE DARK AVENGERS)
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Most hated? The Hunt (Florida, man. Just Florida...), Unstable ISO (Lots of Dark Avengers) and The Hulk (ALL OF THE DARK AVENGERS)

Any event with a super boosted Juggernaught.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For the writing (yes, I read the dialog) my favorites are Webbed Wonder and Deadpool vs. MPQ.

For the gameplay Simulator and Gauntlet are my favorites. The teams you fight are interesting, and each time they run the event the teams are different so the events don't get stale. Honorable mention to Strange Sights for the Kaecillius battle.

For rewards I think Strange Sights is the best, though I also love the big ISO nodes in Simulator and ISO-8 Brotherhood (isn't that the 7 day one about Magneto? I get it and Unstable ISO mixed up).

The older ones are my least favorite. I've done them so many times and the nodes are less interesting since they were made with a much smaller pool of enemies to choose from.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Least favorite is Prodigal Sun. Favorite is Strange Sights.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Favorite: Webbed Wonder for the story or Strange Sights for the format

Least Favorite: The Hunt or The Hulk
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I prefer any event with wave nodes that give event tokens. 

Least favorite is probably venom bomb. 

But, who am I kidding, I grind it out in any event to get the CP
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Either Strange Sights or Webbed Wonder for fave. Variety and good dialogue. Prodigal Sun is my least liked. I play this to be the hero, not the villain.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Favourites: Strange Sights, EoTS, Simulator, Gauntlet
    Least favourite: Heroics, DA heavy events

Boss story events are my true favourites though.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Favourite, strange sights 
    least favourite: venom bomb and deadpool v MPQ, I wouldn’t have a problem with the latter only because they repeat it so much along with meet rocket and Groot with a 48 hour match 

I really don’t like 48hr events 
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Favorite: Enemy of the state

Least favorite: This x-men simulator is making want to try to put my first through the wall.  I went down 2 shield levels lower than I normally do and spending on health packs like crazy.  The AI is being so god damn cheap in everything today.  I am feeling back because my neighbors can probably hear me screaming "come on!" over and over by the 30th straight 300+ cascade into them firing every power.

Of course it makes sure I get to the big iso match with no time to actually fight it.  I think I am going to go put my fist through the wall out of frustration of wasting my time on this garbage
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cant say I really have a favourite, probably ones with lots of goon nodes as they are quicker to clear. 

Least favourite is easy. The Hunt. I moan about it a lot! I get that this game is repetitive, I have no issue with that. However, what I do have an issue with, is fighting the same combos of enemies sometimes 2 or 3 times each sub, to then move onto the next sub, and end up fighting the same combos of enemies again. Most usually consist of Bullseye too to drag the repetitive fights out even longer. That event is one long depression that desperately needs mixing up a bit. 
  • White_Deth
    White_Deth Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    n25philly said:
    Favorite: Enemy of the state

Least favorite: This x-men simulator is making want to try to put my first through the wall.  I went down 2 shield levels lower than I normally do and spending on health packs like crazy.  The AI is being so god damn cheap in everything today.  I am feeling back because my neighbors can probably hear me screaming "come on!" over and over by the 30th straight 300+ cascade into them firing every power.

Of course it makes sure I get to the big iso match with no time to actually fight it.  I think I am going to go put my fist through the wall out of frustration of wasting my time on this garbage
    Haha, feel you mate.

Rogue is a damn beast and 3* gambit is a monster aswell. I forgot and had rogue in front. Carols black did 4500 dmg lol. Her tanking 20% dmg for each ally. And preventing your most powerful colour from doing dmg and gaining ap is just disgraceful, in a great way of course (if i had her anyway :(
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Favourite:
    • Unstable ISO-8 
    • Heart of Darkness (Lots of variety here)
    • The Hunt (Even though the Florida sub is a big mess)

Least favourite:
    • Venom: Heroic (Nodes with Carnage and Muscles? Hell no!)
    • Venom Bomb (Yeah, symbionts in literally every node!)
    • The Hulk (7 day event without any variety)

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With the new 5* essential my favorites are any that require one of my champ 5s or high level 5s. Least favorite are any that require my low level 5s. I don't really care who is on the other team, I play Story mode for the resources anyway. Tinykitting about them just makes them worse.....
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My absolute least favorite and despised event is the DDQ. Hear me out. The burrito and the right side of the event are great. Really appreciated rewards especially the 4* Crash when I can complete it. Super fast and easy. The left side of the event is dog ****. I have 37 champed 4*s and most of my daily frustration with this game comes from the **** scaling on 2* nodes and the fact that I still have to keep a roster spot for a 1* . A couple days ago I nearly wiped on the 1000 Iso node and was faced with either using 3 health packs or waiting 4 hours for regeneration to do the wave node. Its just stupid. My second least favorite is The Hunt. Miserable slog through miserable over powered Dark Avengers. My favorites are Enemy of The State, Gauntlet and Simulator. Honestly I enjoy anything that is lite on Dark Avengers. They are so stale and awful to play against.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    snlf25 said:
    My absolute least favorite and despised event is the DDQ. Hear me out. The burrito and the right side of the event are great. Really appreciated rewards especially the 4* Crash when I can complete it. Super fast and easy. The left side of the event is dog tinykitty. I have 37 champed 4*s and most of my daily frustration with this game comes from the tinykitty scaling on 2* nodes and the fact that I still have to keep a roster spot for a 1* . A couple days ago I nearly wiped on the 1000 Iso node and was faced with either using 3 health packs or waiting 4 hours for regeneration to do the wave node. Its just stupid.

No one is forcing you to roster a onestar - if you'd rather have one more roster spot than 500 ISO and an extra Taco token each day then you can just cut the onestar.

And you have 24 hours to complete the DDQ, so I don't know why it would be a big problem to wait a few hours if you don't want to use Health packs...

(Personally I enjoy getting to use the lower level characters on my roster too, so I like the low-level DDQ nodes. Clearing the one-star node with just Juggernaut is a bit tedious, but it works well enough).