Cover swapping 5*/improve customer service

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    If it's a question of money, as some speculate, why not make swaps in-game and attach an in-game currency to it? 2000-3000 hp for a 5* swap?
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Or just make 5*s colorless and let us build them however we want.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    I have Osborn and Surfer with 12 powers, IM m46 11 powers, Phoenix 10 powers, Logan 9 powers and all with only one power at lv.5. This anniversary i got 3 classic 5*, Surfer, Phoenix and Logan, all covers was on lv.5 colors so now i have 5 repeated 5* chars (i got another Osborn with 3 extra covers and m46 from before).

The game as a big problem here but i don't care, no money from me on the game and play with what i have on my roster. Simple and direct message for devs.
  • BCblue27
    BCblue27 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In

I believe the first order of business would be for actual, live human entities to be employed in order for anything to be done at all. Each time a ticket is submitted, there is always a generic, drone like response that appears to be automated based off of certain phrases. It is as though there have been specific scenarios constructed and their system is setup in such a way that it only deals with those such scenarios. I have never, ever received a reply to correspondence I've sent that directly answers my inquiries.

I also agree that I will not spend my money on a game where the customer service is non-existent and utterly lacking in transparency. I have been playing Marvel Future Fight more and more as of recently and there have been two instances where I have needed to contact their customer support. Both instances offered helpful responses and wholesome solutions as opposed to the smoke and mirrors in MPQ dealings.

• agarber
    agarber Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Since Brigby doesn't want to clarify situation with 5* cover swaps, may be @Demiurge_Anthony, or anyone from devs can help us.

Anthony, what is the special secret condition a player need to fulfill in order to qualify for a super-secretly organized exception for classic 5* cover swap?

The situation is really similar to latest swaps, it is a "common knowledge" that CS does certain procedures, but there is no official info about these procedures (in game or anywhere), so some players who can be qualified for the service will never find it out.

From my side, since I do not know the conditions but I do know that classic swaps are possible, the only way for me is to create a ticket every time I get a non-usable 5*. May be I am qualified this time?

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    I was trolling Discord yesterday and found a message from Anthony saying that the swaps are a D3 things and not a Demiurge thing so he has no insight into that other than he said that he's not a fan of the policy but has no control over it.

Edit:  Did a search, here's  what's he's said (more than one occasion)

• agarber
    edited October 2017
    Let me add my pictures too. This is the one from my alliance mate, and I got his permission to post it if anyone interested.

[image removed by moderator -Dayv]

So developers are involved and the process and as I read the text the final decision is on developers' side.

PS. Also Customer Support Agents were never friendly to me :(
  • broll
    edited October 2017
    agarber and their messages are never wrong...  I was just told my request was for the Cosmic store that hasn't been available for a month...  I trust the actually typed out messages from Anthony than some copy paste replies from 1st level CS guys who may or may not have any idea what they're saying...
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Swaps may be a D3go issue, a CS issue, what ever,  who cares,  if the devs truely don't like them and don't like the current swap policy, they can side step the whole thing

MAKE COVERS COLORLESS! 

But as shown in the SS above they are all pointing fingers at each other,  no one wants to take oenership of this so the players suffer
    658 Posts: 51 Match Maker
    There is an easy middle ground that I'm astonished hasn't been implemented.  There should be a bank where you can save unusable covers and then said covers can be applied for champing levels when the time is right.  They'd have to limit it to sonething lije five or ten to prevent a new hoarding technique, but at least that way players can still get good value for otherwise nearly useless covers, but also players aren't progressing faster than the devs want. They coukd do thus for all tiers, but really, at the very least, they need to do something about the 5 star covers.  Those should be precious to all and not something to get chucked for 1k iso, which literally isn't enough iso to even add one level.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I've been lucky enough to champion 2 5*, I have another at 13 covers, then more at 10 and so on. For the first champion, Thanos, I pulled 9 purples for him... Thankfully as a Latest Legend, he was swapped, but that would have sent me over the edge for this game if they did not. Now, I understand many analogies from others, and I also sympathise with many others who have not got good service with respect to Classic Legends. If 5* are randomly available at a very small percentage from an inherently difficult to get Token, something has to be done to support players.

Perhaps the simplest way to fix this, is to make a pack containing only 5*, and make the value of selling a single 5* cover, a token for that new pack. So, a modified No More Guns pack essentially, containing every 5*, and one cover sold equals one token - no scaling of costs or anything like that. This would fix all their issues in one go, and the code exists in principle in the game from the No More Guns pack. 

Do that, and CS would never worry about swapping again.
  • broll
    fmftint said:
    Swaps may be a D3go issue, a CS issue, what ever,  who cares,  if the devs truely don't like them and don't like the current swap policy, they can side step the whole thing

MAKE COVERS COLORLESS! 

But as shown in the SS above they are all pointing fingers at each other,  no one wants to take oenership of this so the players suffer
    I think this is a gross oversimplification.  I can't say how much power is in the publisher vs the developer's hands but the developers can't just go doing whatever they want and I believe the publisher controls direction and what gets worked on.  Someone who works more in that industry might be able to further clarification but that's kind of my understanding of it.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    broll said:
    fmftint said:

MAKE COVERS COLORLESS! 

I think this is a gross oversimplification.  I can't say how much power is in the publisher vs the developer's hands but the developers can't just go doing whatever they want and I believe the publisher controls direction and what gets worked on.  Someone who works more in that industry might be able to further clarification but that's kind of my understanding of it.
    generally speaking publishers have more money than developers, so they generally have more power in that relationship (normal model is that rich publisher fronts the money for game development and distribution in exchange for a large share of profits and, often, ownership of the IP.).  So it's a pretty safe bet that demi can't just change a major monetization feature of the game unilaterally.  

But we obviously can't say for sure without seeing the publishing contract.
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Frustratingly I pulled a green 5* Thanos from the 'Fan Favorites' Vault. Mine is 3/3/5. I have had a dupe from the classics before, but since the cost is the same as a latest legends pack I put in a ticket to exchange. I've not tried this before, so i figured it was worth a try since its widly discussed here, plus I know that previously people were able to swap from the Starlord/Thanos/Surfer pack.

This request was denied because swaps are only available from latest legends. Very disappointed this policy. The packs cost the same, they give the same odds. @Brigby :neutral:
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Pessi said:
    Frustratingly I pulled a green 5* Thanos from the 'Fan Favorites' Vault. Mine is 3/3/5. I have had a dupe from the classics before, but since the cost is the same as a latest legends pack I put in a ticket to exchange. I've not tried this before, so i figured it was worth a try since its widly discussed here, plus I know that previously people were able to swap from the Starlord/Thanos/Surfer pack.

This request was denied because swaps are only available from latest legends. Very disappointed this policy. The packs cost the same, they give the same odds. @Brigby :neutral:
    In demi's defense, they did announce the no-swap policcy for fan favorites before the fan favorite tokens went live.  

And to reiterate what i (and many other players) said after that announcement: this is a siasterpus policy decisions that makes fan favorite tokens effectively useless for anyone with a bunch of 5/x/x fan favorite 5*s.  

The 6th cover problem, especially at the 5* tier, is serious and long standing.  It's long paat time that demu fixed this issue permanently.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doc L said:
    Perhaps the simplest way to fix this, is to make a pack containing only 5*, and make the value of selling a single 5* cover, a token for that new pack. So, a modified No More Guns pack essentially, containing every 5*, and one cover sold equals one token - no scaling of costs or anything like that. This would fix all their issues in one go, and the code exists in principle in the game from the No More Guns pack. 

Do that, and CS would never worry about swapping again.
    The problem with this solution is that it turns any 5* pull into whatever cover you want, assuming you have unlimited patience and are willing to reroll until you get what you want. There would be nothing to stop me from making all of my 5* pulls Thanos or BB (or Gambit or whoever) and making that one character massive. They would have to make it so you could only sell the cover if you had the ability trained at 5 covers already, but that may be too difficult for them to do (or not worth their time to implement). If they could do it like that, then this would be a great solution to the problem. 

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    I had another idea for this issue recently.

Currently powers can be raised 2 ways: The right color cover or for command points. It would be great if once you had 5 of a power it would unlock the option to then use that color for either other one. This is similiar to the colorless covers idea, but would only make them so for 6th+s.

For example, if you had a 1/5/1 silver surfer, then getting a blue or black cover would not change, but if you got another red one, it could be used to raise either other color. All done on the X/13 powers screen.

This shouln't even be tough to code since getting a 1st cover already triggers the CP option. It would just be a slight rework to trigger this at 6th covers too.

Once in place we'll have happier customers and less burdened Customer Service.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    RNG is RNG and it's an RNG game. We all know what comes with a RNG game. 
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    RNG is RNG and it's an RNG game. We all know what comes with a RNG game. 
    Slightly off topic but I always think ‘Rocket and Groot’ when I see RNG... Makes me smile in the face of poor token pulls!
  • agarber
    Yes, all players are equal, but some are more equal than others. And those who are more equal according to unspoken policy get a swap of a classic 5*.

So may be you are more equal, but you'll never know before asking. And even if you ask, may be your particular CS agent will be "unfriendly" and will not tell you that you are more equal.
This discussion has been closed.