Pricing Errors

2»

Comments

• carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Whales get 140 CP per 100 dollars spent.  350 isn't so far beyond that that it's worth calling them cheaters.  It happened, it's over, move on already.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Except you know, 140 is based on $2000 spent.  350 is based on a $100 spent. 

Buyclub 20 people spend $100 and 20 players get 140cp.

If the same amount was spent with the glitch each person would receice 7000cp.

I would say yes, it’s cheating.  Or exploiting.  Or gaming the system.  Or whatever else you’d like to call it.
  • Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Bonus hero exploit i consider cheating since it involve manipulation of a known pull outcome wherein it should have been random.  1.99 I don't consider cheating because it was a legitimate offer to players and therefore was not a cheat per se.  Why get mad at the handful of players that continued to buy thousands of dollars of 7cp?  It was seriously only viable for about 1/2 a day as far as I hear, not for months like the bonus hero exploit.  You really think D3 wants to send all that money back to people?  If they roll back they would have to roll back all 2.99 purchases, probably 10's of thousands of dollars for a small percent of people that even noticed this.
  • AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited October 2017
    They allowed cheaters to seriously cheat in this game once, there's no way they will stop.

As Batman said, all it takes is one time to justify the next one.

As for @Avalanche Kincaid  's question, well, consider all those people that have actually payed the correct price for that, and how they would feel. 
    Or all those people that made legitimate purchases all this time and haven't got the same return value from them
  • Purty_Hawkeye
    Purty_Hawkeye Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Let me give you the view from the rest of the players. You know the ones who don't have giant hoards of stuff. The 99% not the 1%. The ones who could care less about who games the system to get a return on the money they've spent. I probably don't understand all of the issues and I base everything I say on what I've read here on the forums.

It seems like gaming the system began as soon as people began making temporary groups to all buy. The idea is pay $100 get iso or hp and 7cp. That's the deal. But some smart players who wanted to spend figured out they could band together and make their money go further. Is that cheating, exploiting? It doesn't seem like that was what was intended. Yet all of you admit to doing it.

As to the point of what the cost of cp is it seems like its a fluid concept. At its baseline it is 7cp/ $100 or it is 140cp/$100, or it is less if you buy via Amazon(?) on another device? Or it is $2/7cp. There is no standard price for cp it is what the game says it is. For those who bought when it was $2 as far as I can figure out they didn't hack into the program they just kept buying as long as the offer was on their screen.

I guess when they offer my model television on sale for $99 on Black Friday I should get real mad because a few people are going to stand in line to get one for a real good price.

I get that you paid more for what others got at a much reduced price but those are the breaks.Either its worth it or not to spend your money at the time you spend it not in relation to some other time when things are at a different price. Would you offer to pay double if the price changed to $200/7cp tomorrow? Would you ask the developers to let you know how much you've previously purchased so you could pay them the going price? Of course you wouldn't.

I repeat my original point it sounds like the upset is not that it was done just that some players who didn't used to be in the elite 1% have elbowed their way up there making it difficult for you to get that extra cover or token in the game.

I've played this game on the commute for almost four years now. I sell the 5* cover I get from daily reward for iso because I can use that to level my best characters. I've enjoyed my consistent progress and am pretty sure I am way in the majority.

You guys are fighting for the tiny slice of the 1% I hope the developers ignore you completely. Which it seems they are doing.
  • AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited October 2017
    So, you want me to destroy your post piece by piece @Purty Hawkeye , so you can understand all the things you're wrong at and reaching way out in assuming, or do you want me to do an allegory that explains why your post is soooo bad?
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Why not both?

(But start with the point-by-point version first, please.)
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    Beta-Ray Bill Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    How does it show who the cheaters are and exactly why are we labeling them cheaters....

You are aware that some ppl opened up their hoards when gambit was released right????  

Whereas I am not one of the lucky ones who has a bugged 7cp for $2 account or draws when d3 accidentally makes a 1/4 draw rate, this isn’t the person who capitalized on the 7cp fault.  This was mistake on the developers end and well oops no one is perfect.  

So put down the pitch forks and chill out you all, just match your superhero gems. 
    So you think it’s fair that an alliance can fully dump money from all members into a paypal account and have that one person buy like 7k cp for the entire alliance?

youre definition of cheat must be a huge grey area... because to me that’s taking an advantage of an exploit, in which is not apart of the normal game for every person, and using it in your favor.

sound pretty much like cheating in my book
  • ThePunishers
    ThePunishers Posts: 50 Match Maker
    @Beta-Ray Bill well they def got creative and did it quickly.  The purchaser hand has to be cramping from tapping his screen so many times.  

• corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    I think if you cheated you should get rollback to a day prior to event. At minimum