Pricing Errors

LifeofAgony
LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
@Brigby

why am I seeing screenshots of people receiving 7 command points for making a $1.99 purchase?  Did something change?  

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried to test it out. I got 200 HP. No CP, but it looks like I was billed for a little over $12. Weird. Might need to open a ticket. 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just another case of,  if you got it you got it,  if you didn't you didn't. 
    Just like all the other glitches
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    so if a full alliance each spend 100$, each will get 7000CP, not bad.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited October 2017
    Hi @LifeofAgony. We are aware that this error just occurred, and we were able to promptly revert it back. 

Having said that though, it's possible some players may have made the purchase, and were still charged for the original price. If that is the case, and you made the purchase through the Google Play store, then please send in a Customer Support ticket so they can assist with any refund requests.

If you made the purchase through either Apple or Amazon store, then please reach out to their respective Customer Support teams for refund requests.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    I am a bit surprised that there are only 6 comments here. While a fix was applied almost immediately, a workaround existed resulting in a dramatic influx of cheap CP into this game that could completely unbalance it. 

This could have at least as much effect as the Bonus Hero exploit that we don’t talk about. 
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Not getting into trouble with that, LOL.

Before Demi fixed the error, I considered it much like the 25% 5* draw rate. Sucks we can’t all take advantage, but bad on Demi.

But as soon as it was fixed, anything afterwards should be rolled back. 
  • Purty_Hawkeye
    Purty_Hawkeye Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    ZeroKarma said:
    Not getting into trouble with that, LOL.

Before Demi fixed the error, I considered it much like the 25% 5* draw rate. Sucks we can’t all take advantage, but bad on Demi.

But as soon as it was fixed, anything afterwards should be rolled back. 
    You and the OP must have been the kids everyone hated for reminding the teacher to give out homework just before the Friday final bell.
  • Purty_Hawkeye
    Purty_Hawkeye Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    It seems like the problem is it cheapens the money you've spent which is what has *nope*.

As far as I can tell by visiting here, the official forum, you seem to be the only one upset by it. i can't speak for the vast amounts of players on Line or Discord but perhaps they should be spending their money elsewhere if it is so easily devalued.

I know the spenders believe the game should revolve around them here is some proof that it doesn't.

A bunch of whales found a way to spend their money in a different way from a different bunch of whales.

Or maybe what has you so mad is it was a bunch of non-whales who now have enough resources to compete with you all of a sudden who figured out they could continue to buy in the store and catch up?

Good I hope they nudge you out of every placement you desire

Not going to affect me one damn bit just like the bonus Hero thing I just play a match-3 game on the train back and forth to work.

**Removed inappropriate language - Ducky
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep.  They STILL have not done anything about the BH cheaters and now the $1.99 for 7 CPs has really shown who and where this happened.  Just say somebody with highest level 475-480 5* now have a 500+ Gambit.  Hmm..........wonder how that happened.  They will do nothing about this. As I said in my PM to somebody here, D3/Demi were at a fork in the road with cheating.  The next exploit after the BH would be done in a massive way since they turned a blind eye to it.   Good job. 
    @Brigby will this ever be addressed?   Ever?
  • LifeofAgony
    It got addressed - the cp exploiters who spent a whole $2 for 7cp are not allowed to do latest cover swaps for a whole 14 days.  Quite the hard time punishment.  I suppose they’ve all learned their lessons and will never do that again. /dripping-sarcasm
  • ThePunishers
    ThePunishers Posts: 50 Match Maker
    How does it show who the cheaters are and exactly why are we labeling them cheaters....

You are aware that some ppl opened up their hoards when gambit was released right????  

Whereas I am not one of the lucky ones who has a bugged 7cp for $2 account or draws when d3 accidentally makes a 1/4 draw rate, this isn’t the person who capitalized on the 7cp fault.  This was mistake on the developers end and well oops no one is perfect.  

So put down the pitch forks and chill out you all, just match your superhero gems. 
  • ThePunishers
    I am lol’ing at the person upset about multi accounts.  Seeing as this person has multi accounts.  It’s very easy to point the finger at others when convenient but please don’t be a hypocrite.  
  • The rockett
    @ThePunishers by your comments you have no idea what happened with the $2 glitch. If you would know the whole story, I bet you would change your mind. 
    As for the hoards, yes there are a lot of them including me, but when you take in account other information as well it would make more sense 
  • ThePunishers
    You’re absolutely right I don’t know the whole story but I do know had I had the error I would of taken advantage of it lol and dropped 5k.  

I just feel like we (a huge population) are always witch hunting on here and I know you try to play nicely with everyone but some of the other posters on here don’t and shouldn’t be crying a river.  They’d be cheating right along with the others if they could.  
  • The rockett
    Yes. I understand that. The issue is non action by D3/Demi when they are informed of issues.  They are causing the player divide with this due to inaction. Cheating or gaming the system always happens. It should be met with swift action per their own rules and FAQ page. 
  • LifeofAgony
    A casual spender doesn’t amass a hoard to have a level 506 gambit.  You only amass a hoard like that because you’ve gotten 350 cp to $100 spent as opposed to 7 like the rest of the player base.