Where’s the fun?

spirtire
spirtire Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
i am a daily PvE player and keep playing at SCL8.

Starting from recent updates, games are more and more difficult to play. Heroes are killed in a few minutes and needs several hours to recover is already part of this game, unless you have endless health pack.

We all know, AI cheats all the time. You make 3AP in one move and they make 30+. The magic of AI will never happen to your own team. Good prizes chance is so slim to get.  Play several months and won’t get enough covers unless you have $$$$ to spend from time to time.

Play is for fun and entertainment, seems this MPQ is lacking....sigh.

Comments

• Tiggida
    Tiggida Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Welcome to similar scaling to what all the 5* players were talking about before the changes. SCL 8 is a little lower than my scaling was. SCL 9 is pretty close to where it was before the changes for me personally. Now everyone knows what we were talking about. Sounds like the OP is trying to punch above their weight class. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the game is too hard, drop down a CL. If you simply dont enjoy the game, stop playing it. 

I've played this game close to 3 years now, and other than the repetitive depression that is The Hunt where you will literally fight the same combos of teams to the point where you want die, I still love this game. Play stuff you enjoy, delete stuff you dont. 
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Let the OP vent for crying out loud. We've all had a tough day and had the AI crush us. 
  • spirtire
    spirtire Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Of cos, the purpose of this game is to make money, not to provide fun. Thanks all for the comments. 

• Addaran
    Addaran Posts: 72 Match Maker
    AI cheating and getting more AP... do you mean the non-playable enemies that don't get a turn but auto generate colors for their power?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    spirtire said:

There's your problem.

I had the same frustration. Groaning that matches took forever and sometimes my most powerful and expensive AoEs would need to be fired multiple times per match to win.

Then I went down to CL7 just to have some time off and I never looked back. I've stayed in CL7. There's not a big ISO difference, placement is basically the same and enemies die with a single AoE most of the time. It's faster, less grindy, you use fewer health packs and it's more fun.

As for the cheating thing, it's purely confirmation bias. I wish I knew what happened to the article but I remember reading an article for the original Puzzle Quest where the devs said in further testing of the game they found the player needed to get sizable cascades about 3 times as often as the AI in order to feel they were getting an equal amount as the AI. We feel cheated when bad things happen and we tend to remember that more.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    spirtire said:

Dont...

Seriously, SCL7 is much easier and unless you have plenty of time an love grinding, i dont recomend doing anything above, since SCL7 has the best time:reward ratio (it may be different for people who have promoted 5*s).

Fun is, when you use 4* Groot, Gamora and 3*/5* Thanos... on SCL7 you kill most of nodes instantly.
    And there are some other funny combos that can turn SCL7 in a funny farm...

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Play on 6 if you don't care about the 4* progression cover, play on 7 if you do. And if you hate a certain pve event then skip it. Life goes on. Enough junk in life that can stress you out so no point in letting a mobile game get to you. If the game stops being fun then go play something else or go spend time doing something you love. 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    MPQ is hard.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    @veny Could you please explain how that combo works, it sounds interesting
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    qandols said:
    @veny Could you please explain how that combo works, it sounds interesting

Make one match and things die.
    It's not rocket science.
    Just run that team.
  • qandols
    @Bowgentle Ha, that would be awesome! I was thinking of mechanics, who feeds who. What levels should they be? I am levelling them up now, Thanos3 is champed, the other two are at 150, but boosted now. Is that enough? It works but I do not see whats so fantastic about the combo. Thanks anyway!
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    The mechanic is just as Bow said. Make a match everything dies.

How it works exactly is r&g lays strikes at start. Since Gamora is on the team being a GotG the strikes created are much stronger. Once you've killed first one by massive match damage then Thanos passive kills the other two.

Not rocket science. Just load that team.
  • qandols
    edited October 2017
    Hmm, probably just a bad board, but Thanos got killed by cyclops red+black, then Groot fell shortly after and Gamorra despite several blue attacks nearly died from beast throwing out lots of defense tiles and no red tiles to talk of. Are we talking about champed Groot and Gamorra? Then I will have to wait for that to happen. At what level does Groots strike tiles begin to matter? Always when I play him they are matched away instantly. 

Ahh, my Groot has only one yellow, that would explain it. That kills the combo I guess.
  • White_Deth
    White_Deth Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Yeah mine only has 2 in yellow 2 in blue and 5 in that damn risk/reward green :0