Is Falcon going to get a redesign?

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
No no, not a moveset redesign. That would be silly!

No, I'm talking about an art redesign. It's a post Hydra world, people! A new Captain America and a new Falcon!

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    That costume is awful.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    "Hey, any particular reason I'm in a BLACK costume now!?"
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    New 5 star variant 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Hey, any particular reason I'm in a BLACK costume now!?"
    Some Falcons have black feathers. 

I'd say it was for nighttime camouflage, but the bright red sorta shoots down that theory, pun intended.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:
    That costume is awful.
    Really?  I think it looks much better than the classic. Prefer the MCU version above both though. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like something Wasp would wear to me.

They've come up with some great modern updates over the years, but yeah, even mcu costume would work better than this.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice firecrotch he has going on :D
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    sinnerjfl said:
    Nice firecrotch he has going on :D
    Falcon-busting stereotypes as well as heads. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    That really isn't an improvement over his current in-game costume. An MCU version would be much better than either.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    That costume kinda reminds me of Hawk from DC Comics, if you replace the white with black.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was that costume designed by Daredevil and Alicia Masters?!?
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    No, they won't redesign the existing character.  They may make a new version of the character.  Although my bet is if we got another Falcon, it would be 5-star level and be based on the movies, maybe when Infinity War Part I comes out next May? 
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I still think Falcon should have been played by Mike Tyson in the MCU. He used to raise those homing pigeons, remember? 

I bet if Iron Mike had been Falcon, we could have seen Sam use a real bird instead of a mechanical one. That would have been cool!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    The retro-70s cover layout tells me that title isn't long for this world. Not that any of them are anymore :(  I liked buying comics numbered in the hundreds, it felt like tapping into an institution with long history.

They restart at #1 (or #0, haha) all the time. Do something new. Number them like banks number checks. Start a title at #1000!
    That's what Marvel's doing. Marvel Legacy is a thing starting this month. Comics are being re-numbered to their actual issue. Mighty Thor, for example, is going from about issue 23 to issue 700 when Legacy kicks off.

The in-comic adverts all have a Silver Age look to them as well.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Iron Mike is too stocky for Falcon.  He'd fly more like a cannonball than a bird.

I think since they used Homecoming Vulture, MCU Falcon would be too similar in design.  Other than face coverings and a gun it's practically the same costume.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards

And like rooster, no way in hell would that costume fly far :D

*rooster picture*

Is that the rooster that forumites tend to link in their signatures, so we know which characters they have at what level at covers?
    A+ comment, but as a serious aside: is it worth setting that up? Like, is it synced to my account and updated automatically, or do you have to go in and make the edits manually?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards

*rooster picture*

Is that the rooster that forumites tend to link in their signatures, so we know which characters they have at what level at covers?
    A+ comment, but as a serious aside: is it worth setting that up? Like, is it synced to my account and updated automatically, or do you have to go in and make the edits manually?
    If you're talking about Gamependium, you have to do it manually. So people do it once a week, others in the off season. 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:

*rooster picture*

If you're talking about Gamependium, you have to do it manually. So people do it once a week, others in the off season. 
    I was, and thanks! That's too much work.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:

*rooster picture*

I was, and thanks! That's too much work.
    The initial setup takes a bit of work, but after that, it's typically not too bad. I usually update mine on the weekends. The longer you go between updates, the more time it takes to update when you do. 

But, some people enjoy doing it during the off season, as it gives a nice snapshot of how things change season by season.