What is the use of ISO-8

Jaco
Jaco Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
Hi

I have been playing MPQ for a few months and have built up a semi decent roster. I might be missing something but I except for every now and then to level up or champ a character once you have found enough covers I do not see the use in ISO-8. I currently have almost 800k in ISO-8 but can not find anything useful to spend it on mostly because I am waiting for covers on my 3* and 4* characters to get to a point to champ them. 

I spend end a few hundred every match on some power boosts just to have something to do with them but are thinking there must be more to the resource in the game given that it's actually one of the things you can spend cash on although I can not see why I would ever buy it.

Please enlighten me on what else this can be used for

Thanks

Comments

• Brian522
    Brian522 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Dude...I could champ two 4* with that plethora you've got there...
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Never buy iso ,
    never spend iso on anything other than leveling you characters .
    Hoard your cp
    Don't level your five stars if you get them
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,764 Chairperson of the Boards

Jaco said:
    Hi

I have been playing MPQ for a few months and have built up a semi decent roster. I might be missing something but I except for every now and then to level up or champ a character once you have found enough covers I do not see the use in ISO-8. I currently have almost 800k in ISO-8 but can not find anything useful to spend it on mostly because I am waiting for covers on my 3* and 4* characters to get to a point to champ them. 

I spend end a few hundred every match on some power boosts just to have something to do with them but are thinking there must be more to the resource in the game given that it's actually one of the things you can spend cash on although I can not see why I would ever buy it.

Thanks

It doesn't seem that long ago that I always had at least 1 million ISO spare... then I started championing my 3* and now 800k ISO is roughly what I spent in a month, leveling up and championing 4*.

Keep your ISO, don't waste it on leveling up your 1* (apart from Juggernaut). Build up your 2* and 3* so you can compete in PVE, PvP and DDQ and before you know it, that ISO mountain will have disappeared!

• Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    iso is never enough, I remember I had like 500k~600k iso, and I had nothing to level up or champ, but later I used all iso in leveling up/champ 3* and now when I get enough iso, I champ next 3*, I have like 4~5 3* with 13 covers or more, waiting for iso, and I have 2 4* with 13+ covers (but not going to champ them because they not good to start with them).
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler

Save, Save and Save some more

I should hit 2 million in the next couple of days, but I will loose nearly 1 mill of that championing 4* Gamora, 4* Carnage and Devil Dino (and have 1/2 dozen or so other 4*'s on 13 covers) once you hit that 3* and 4* level it will go faster than you can earn it....but don't worry....the anniversary LR's are given out double isoooooooooo....maybe not....

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hendross said:
    I've take the liberty to show ISO required over time to illustrate what others have mentioned.

That goes nicely with Aes' Surfer boost curve.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    It sounds like you are keeping 3*s at 40 and 4*s at 70 before spending iso. If you feel like you have too much iso, start leveling them even if they aren't at max covers. You don't need to wait for covers. 5 covers in a strong power can be useful, it might be fun to play with a character at an sub-optimal build before getting them champed. But really, iso isn't used for anything else.
  • Jaco
    Jaco Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Thanks all for the comments. I suppose my frustration is due to not having a 4* with enough covers to champion or level significantly and I thought there might be some other way of getting there I was not aware of based on what I read in other posts. Just have to do the hard slog to earn those 4* covers it seems.

Thanks again 
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, OP you are in that part of the game where you get a lot of ISO but don't have any covered 4s to spend it on. It's the first part of the 3->4 transition, and it's a pain in the rear.

If you keep doing PvE and PvP to get the 4* covers, you'll have usable 4s before too long. In the meantime, champ all of your 2s and 3s. All of them. Yes, even Squirrel Girl and Moonstone. You'll get good rewards for doing so.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Jaco said:
    Hi

Thanks
    Oh, you're going to regret that soon enough  :D

(STOP doing that btw. Reasons others have stated above.)
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    At least you can't buy standard tokens with it any more. Don't worry you will end up with a 10 million+ ISO debt before long. 
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    I used to have literally millions and millions of the stuff, and thought the whining about the lack of iso was kinda overblown. Then recently came perilously close to zero after champing yet another 4*. And this is without taking a single 5* beyond lvl255. If you don't want to level up your characters until you have enough covers to champ them, just keep saving it. As everyone has said, it'll disappear quickly once you're spending it in 400k+ chunks.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jaco said:
     I currently have almost 800k in ISO-8 but can not find anything useful to spend it on
    Oh jeez those were the days.
    You're making me all nostalgic. Remember the good old days when you had so much ISO you didn't know what to spend it on? Remember when you had an ISO stockpile? Remember when Cadburys Creme Eggs didn't feel so small?

Ahhh....memories.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dragon_Nexus said: Remember when Cadburys Creme Eggs didn't feel so small?

Ahhh....memories.
    What ya need is a big bag of small eggs....

Christmas is coming, so Cadbury's Snowballs are back on sale.
    Eat them straight out the freezer (just like mini eggs and creme eggs). Yummy.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Jaco said:
     I currently have almost 800k in ISO-8 but can not find anything useful to spend it on
    You're making me all nostalgic. Remember the good old days when you had so much ISO you didn't know what to spend it on? Remember when you had an ISO stockpile? Remember when Cadburys Creme Eggs didn't feel so small?

Ahhh....memories.
    Pepperidge Farm remembers!
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Jaco said:

Ahhh....memories.
    Pepperidge Farms remembers...
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I once had a 3 million iso surplus.  I had every 3* Champed and was afraid to jump into 4* land out of fear that my 3s would no longer be useable due to scaling. However, champing came into existence and I didn’t want to lose those precious 14th Falcon and X-Force Wolvie covers (**** first champs!) so I took the leap and was able to champ like nine 4s with that reserve and catapult into 4* land. Currently have 33 champs and an iso deficit that you wouldn’t believe. Let’s see... 7 at 13 covers (with 2 SW and 2 Elektra on the vine), 8 at 11-12 covers, 7 at 8-10 covers.  Only 2 at 6 or less covers!  The covers don’t stop coming but my iso needs can’t cover fast enough so I inevitably waste many a cover.