Where is HoR?

Options

Comments

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dropspot said:
    Wow that really bad. So now we only have one coalition event a week.

I basically only play coalition events... That's sad...
    Yep, me too -- and most of my team. 

They could have at least brought back Old NoP or Avacyn's Madness if they wanted to do throwback -- those are the only 2 we ever ask for. 

Right @GrizzoMtGPQ ?
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ok, hold up.... haven't we (and by we, I mean some of us coalition players here on the forums) been asking for less coalition events because we feel too much pressure to play too many games in a week, *with the proviso* that more non-coalition events be added to the roster?

If you used to only play the 2 coalition events in a week, and none of the others, and now there is only one coalition event in a week.... can you not make up the shortfall in games you are playing by playing some of the non-coalition events?
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It seems to me that Avacyn's Madness would be a perfect Halloween event...  Also they could have rolled with the actual Halloween event they ran last year.  The one with the solo black node, zombie focus.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate them trying to mix things up.  But if they would chat with us and get some ideas before the schedule is structured... just seems like a good idea.  If Avacyn's madness is a no-go for whatever reason (coding, prize remodel, etc) couldn't they just tell us that?

• bk1234
    edited October 2017
    Options
    shteev said:
    Ok, hold up.... haven't we (and by we, I mean some of us coalition players here on the forums) been asking for less coalition events because we feel too much pressure to play too many games in a week, *with the proviso* that more non-coalition events be added to the roster?

If you used to only play the 2 coalition events in a week, and none of the others, and now there is only one coalition event in a week.... can you not make up the shortfall in games you are playing by playing some of the non-coalition events?
    No, we have been asking for shorter coalition events which aren't as grindy -- those of us who haven't semi-retired look forward to the 2 events every week with our teams. 

And by some of us, don't you mean you?
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,229 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    babar3355 said:

It seems to me that Avacyn's Madness would be a perfect Halloween event...  Also they could have rolled with the actual Halloween event they ran last year.  The one with the solo black node, zombie focus.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate them trying to mix things up.  But if they would chat with us and get some ideas before the schedule is structured... just seems like a good idea.  If Avacyn's madness is a no-go for whatever reason (coding, prize remodel, etc) couldn't they just tell us that?

I agree. It seems like the event schedule will somewhat be in flux until Oktagon finishes getting the Ixalan set (and subsequent events) set up. Probably to be expected. 

I think they're at least trying to shake things up in response to community requests ("Bring back old events! Let's do something different for Halloween!"). However, I wish we didn't have to find out this stuff on Wednesday morning.  I appreciate that they're busy, but it just isn't viable to skip events altogether with no prior warning--ESPECIALLY for those people who, again, are not on the forum or reddit, and thus are simply logging into their game and finding that there is nothing to do today.  

Still, I don't think anyone should feel that this means there's only going to be one coalition event each week going forward. 

• Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    If there’s only going to be one, can we make it something other than RotGP?  I think we’ve had ample opportunities to play this. 
  • bk1234
    Options
    If there’s only going to be one, can we make it something other than RotGP?  I think we’ve had ample opportunities to play this. 
    For Goodnes sakes -- yes please!
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Please keep two coalitions events!!! 
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby: I don't know if you are aware (it would be strange if you weren't since it comes up all the time): could you please ask the team if it would be possible to bring back Avacyn Madness instead of RotGP? Even in terms of "halloween season" that you mention, this event would fit better. Most of us are REALLY tired of RotGP. It has been going for ages, it feels, people who are not falling asleep while playing it are stopping playing it. 
  • bk1234
    Options
    @Brigby: I don't know if you are aware (it would be strange if you weren't since it comes up all the time): could you please ask the team if it would be possible to bring back Avacyn Madness instead of RotGP? Even in terms of "halloween season" that you mention, this event would fit better. Most of us are REALLY tired of RotGP. It has been going for ages, it feels, people who are not falling asleep while playing it are stopping playing it. 
    Or just tell us we will never see it again so we stop begging. 
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    shteev said:

No, we have been asking for shorter coalition events which aren't as grindy -- those of us who haven't semi-retired look forward to the 2 events every week with our teams. 

And by some of us, don't you mean you?
    Not just me.

You're saying, you wouldn't be happy to play games in non-coalition events, because you want to put psychological pressure onto your team-mates to have to play their games at the same time as you do?
  • Dave808
    Dave808 Posts: 55 Match Maker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I have no problem playing non coalition events but at least give us events that are worth playing. Terror in the shadows and Emrakul offer me no incentive to play them. There's  nothing much to be gained from completing them but a few hundred runes and a dupe pack of legacy cards. For veteran players and I suspect even some mid level players runes are essentially useless. I'm sitting on over a quarter million of them and have nothing to do with them. Do I really need another 950? 
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    runes: The things you have too much of until you run out.

250k runes is what...2-3 planewalkers?

You'll be out of them by the next expansion. I suggest you start cherishing those 950 runes.
  • Dave808
    Options
    Unlikely considering I already have every single pw and all at level 60. 
  • Ohboy
    Options
    Oh that's what I already assumed.

We get like 2-3 pw every expansion though. That's what I meant. 
  • Dave808
    Options
    I doubt I'll be picking up any new ones though unless it's something really good. At least three quarters of the ones I have I don't even use and now see them as a giant waste of gold. My focus will be completely on cards and card packs from now on. 
  • Ohboy
    Options
    So to summarize, when you speak for veterans and/or mid tier players not having use for runes, you're really speaking for those who have all the plane walkers already fully leveled AND have no intention of buying new plane walkers?

Well... Then yeah of course you're right. What else do we use runes for. 
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    So to summarize, when you speak for veterans and/or mid tier players not having use for runes, you're really speaking for those who have all the plane walkers already fully leveled AND have no intention of buying new plane walkers?

For once, I completely agree with you. This is a pretty narrow-minded perspective to take.
  • bk1234
    Options
    Matthew said:
    Ohboy said:

For once, I completely agree with you. This is a pretty narrow-minded perspective to take.
    @Ohboy @Matthew I think you are both being a little narrow minded -- and would like to remind you it's not nice to call other people narrow minded. 

If we are to respect the opinions of ALL players, we need to respect the fact that there are higher level players who don't see the value in buying planeswalkers anymore. I don't see the value in runes at all anymore and think they should be deleted as currency. However, that's a different thread. 

I would also like to remind you that the poster who made that comment has a lot of different opinions due to his lack of experience with a broad player base. Last time we jumped all over him and instead of fighting back, he used it as an opportunity to understand the state of the game better. 

Instead of jumping at someone and calling them narrow minded @Matthew it is healthier for the game if you actually try to keep the conversation civil -- at the very least on threads I start and am notified to read every post on.