Does tanking still work in the season 1 simulator?

Options
2»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    So retreating doesn't work but has anyone tried losing multiple battles in a row?
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Farewell, Ghast maneuver. By the way after we discuss our favourite dirty techniques here on the forum they get nerfed soon after that. E.g. we taught grael23 to tank for LRs, he had a week or more of amazing loot, then LR tokens got nerfed to oblivion. Then Ghast taught us all to tank our MMR while also making ISO. Tanking gets nerfed.
    Not to mention how Venom healing in prologue was nerfed (that happened quite some time ago) after everyone and their dog stated how awesome it is for anyone without a Spidey.
    Can't think of more examples but there are plenty more. The devs do follow the forums, but seemingly not the threads we'd like icon_e_biggrin.gif

Gee, I wonder who likes to chat about them the most.
    Can't be that the almighty jozier actually relies on these broken techniques.

You're one of the biggest hypocrites on the forums locked. Nobody has forgotten your cry baby fest when you first showed up whining about high level teams.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Look who's talking, I haven't forgotten about that myself. I also haven't forgotten how you reacted to a newbie who did not understand the brokenness.
    Go back to beating on easy teams. Oh wait they fixed that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Look who's talking, I haven't forgotten about that myself. I also haven't forgotten how you reacted to a newbie who did not understand the brokenness.
    Go back to beating on easy teams. Oh wait they fixed that.

As I recall, you were the one who started a hissy fit and started calling people out for playing without "honour." Here's why I called you out at the time: because I knew better than you and look where you are now, exactly where I said you would be.

And I can beat on easy teams just fine thanks!
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2014
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    I actually do not think that 'active' (ie - retreating) tanking lost it's effectiveness completely - it might have been weakened a bit by tying your opponnent pool to the amount of points you currently have, but it still allows you to stick to a given level range more, when you suicide 3 teams of 3 by retreating 4 times each...

This is exactly what appears to be going on, since the number of pts lost specifically in this SHIELD training PvP is much lower than in normal PvP. In the Loki tourney we just had, I used the "Ghast Method" twice to go down from 900 to 34 pts, then up to 560ish, down, then up again to a top 11 score for the finish. Wanted to generate some ISO-8 for Dr. Doom in prep for his tourney.

During the Loki PvP pts I lost or gave to other forumites would be around -15 or -18 from my score when I was up in the 800s, now in this SHIELD training PvP the pts I lose from my score each time are like -7, -8, -6 instead. Also, dropping score from 1600s to about 800s in SHIELD training brings up more lower level teams than the score alone would indicate, and for a much longer peroid of time until my score rises up to 1300s, 1400s
  • Unknown
    Options
    does tanking work who knows. need to beat on those seed team leveled teams to grind as much ISO as possible. In the time it takes you to face a 3x lvl 141 team you would have taken out 6 or 7 teams. My guys are starving now with the nerfs to ISO in PVE and this more enhanced MMR ranging
  • Unknown
    Options
    Let's tone the rhetoric in this thread down a bit, shall we? For those whose tempers are starting to flare, posts are getting reported to the mods, so try to think before posting anything that might be construed as insulting.

I don't like seeing posts get reported b/c it means more work for me. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    I cannot claim credit for the tanking because I basically reverse-engineered it. Players who had no business in my MMR routinely whupped on me in weekly PVP and LRs back when I making the 1* to 2* transition and I am neurotic enough to remember that type of thing. These same players also showed up at the top of the leaderboards early and often. They were not cheating but they certainly were not fighting opponents with similar rosters. I got serious about placing first when I heard that they were introducing another 4* so I recently began playing with the system. After a lot of searching, the final product was just a synthesis of all the information scattered throughout the forums.

The only difference is that I shared the information once I figured it out. Previously, the exploit generated limitless ISO for a handful of people for a very long time. After sharing, it generated massive amounts of ISO for many, many people for a very short time. I miss the ISO but I do not regret the sunlight. If anything, the speedy fix suggests that the devs have had it in their power to fix this for a very long time.

Yeah, not to take away from you using the strategy to great effect, but everyone and their mother was already using LRs to tank; it doesn't exactly take a rocket scientist to tank in the PvPs as well