Something went wrong

Options
13»

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

The development team is aware of this issue, and we apologize for the inconvenience. This bug is a carry-over from our predecessors, and we are working on a fix that will require some extensive development/QA efforts. In the meantime, we are working on ways to improve our reaction and resolution time, should this issue occur again in the future.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
  • jchesnutt
    jchesnutt Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

The development team is aware of this issue, and we apologize for the inconvenience. This bug is a carry-over from our predecessors, and we are working on a fix that will require some extensive development/QA efforts. In the meantime, we are working on ways to improve our reaction and resolution time, should this issue occur again in the future.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    Meanwhile, the game is unplayable and they blame it on the previous devs? I never had this problem with the old devs...
    Can't even join Fateful Showdown now...
    So tired of the promises not fulfilled and the **** server issues.
    There has been no improvement with these guys. In fact, it has gotten much much worse. Find a dev company that works.
  • jchesnutt
    jchesnutt Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Again, back to sucking! Fire these guys already and get devs that do something to improve the game. These guys suck. "Something went wrong" is the catchphrase for the game, and THAT is wrong! They are killing what could be a great fun game. Do us all a favor and just post when you think you have all the bugs out and we will come back and play...maybe. Until then...I'm out! How many players will you lose before you do something?!?!
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Odd, I didn't get any this time around.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @TheDragonHermit I got one, but it was during loading the event screen, not during a battle. Thankfully I lost no points. 
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Still the same issue atm. When is this new dev gonna start putting in changes...even small ones? I have had in the Emerukel event two times when mh match has gone back to node screen without even playing.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Facebook errors and SWW errors are back. 
  • Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    Facebook errors and SWW errors are back. 

didn't know they left
  • Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    jchesnutt said:
    Again, back to sucking! Fire these guys already and get devs that do something to improve the game. These guys suck. "Something went wrong" is the catchphrase for the game, and THAT is wrong! They are killing what could be a great fun game. Do us all a favor and just post when you think you have all the bugs out and we will come back and play...maybe. Until then...I'm out! How many players will you lose before you do something?!?!

pic.twitter.com/S8dHDQ4X2v

• rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby Once again I have received a "Something went wrong" screen, this time after finishing a match at HOD event in Elspeth node.

It is frustrating winning a match and losing the rewards points because of this bug. I know that sometimes the points are counted after winning a new match of the same event but it is not a solution.

This it is not my fault, neither my connection nor my device. After pressing several times the retry button getting a cycle of "Something went wrong" screen I pressed cancel button without no problem to return to main menu without any more error.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @jchesnutt The problems with the networking code are _Definitely_ from the original devs. The problem is that it's so sensitive and critical that just touching it to try and fix things can cause other errors. The new devs really need the time to rewrite the network code from scratch but they don't have the time for that unfortunately. So cut them some slack.
    Totally complain about the problem but don't blame them for it.

I can manipulate SWW errors by:
    1) Changing between Wifi and 4G on my phone
    2) Increasing the load on my home network
    3) Changing the endpoint of my VPN.

None of these should cause the problems they do.

Some of them, like when it's working on Wifi, I walk out of the house and it shifts to 4G naturally, I get _1_ SWW error and clicking retry actually works, that specific case is fine and expected. But as it currently is I have to use 4G when I'm at home because it usually doesn't work on Wifi at _all_ currently. My kids only have access to WiFi and haven't actually been able to play AT ALL for about a month.

Networking code needs to be far more robust, work with low bandwidth  and NOT GIVE UP if things take a little while.

In related news... It effectively re-authenticates you when shifting between events and the Vault and stuff, that's _crazy_, no other game does that. You do a full authentication when you start the game and then anytime after that you just have to very quickly check a tiny token, not do a full login again... Hibernum left Oktagon in a very bad place. Please be nice to them.

• TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kinesia said:

In related news... It effectively re-authenticates you when shifting between events and the Vault and stuff, that's _crazy_, no other game does that. You do a full authentication when you start the game and then anytime after that you just have to very quickly check a tiny token, not do a full login again... Hibernum left Oktagon in a very bad place. Please be nice to them.

You know what? When people ask how I know Hibernum's code is a mass of cruft and kludge I am going to point this out. There is no reason for that nonsence in a well programed game, and it has all the feel of some poorly cobbled together patchwork code.
  • luckyvulpi
    luckyvulpi Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I thought the something went wrong error was only for dropping matches, but it appeared when I was opening a super pack and the pack just dissapeared.  
  • Kinesia
    Options
    I thought the something went wrong error was only for dropping matches, but it appeared when I was opening a super pack and the pack just dissapeared.  

As far as we know you _do_ still get the cards, but its very hard to guess what they were without going through your entire collection. My wife keeps a count of her card totals for this reason so she can know if she gets a new rare etc.
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    After today’s patch this is extremely prevalent.  Losing ribbons in events due to poor sync.
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What hell has happened.
    Trial of Ambition. I've had six matches so far that have crashing where i press fight and it either claims match and returns me to node screen withan auto loss or i get the endless spinning wheel of diappointment where i have close the app....good job....beta test your changes....
  • Kinesia
    Options
    While this is bad, I maintain that it was deliberate that they did _this_ patch so they can try and get the Ixalan one right. We are suffering now but hopefully we _won't_ be later. This is a necessary step.