Forum Thread

2»

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny said:
    Great... the only game that doesnt punish those who exploit obvious bugs...
    I was worried about game being pay to win but more likely it is cheat to win :D
    When a character is bugged in a good way (think Mordo recently or Vision long ago), would you refuse to use them to your advantage?  The exploit you mention was simply using a saved in game resource at a time that was beneficial; more beneficial than intended, yes. But  no one exploited a bug to cheat.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have had the worst luck with OML since he was released. I don't even remember how long it took to get a single cover for him, but it was a couple of months. He's been slowly crawling up to 8 covers since his release.

I opened some Gambit legendaries hoping to get a Gambit cover. I literally got five OMLs in a row, all useful and now he's at 13 covers and I'm terrified of what to do next.
  • Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Curious I thought 1:4 = 20% draw rate?
    Empirically I spent 825ish CP (33 pulls) and got 9 5-star covers which is 27%.

Nope... 1:4 == 25:100 == 25 out of a hundred (English) == 25 per centum (Latin) == 25 percent (English from the Latin root, also abbreviated symbolically as %) == 25%
    Thanks for clarifying; so it is "per" 1x 5-star from 4 draws (Or 7 now) rather than a "ratio" of 1x 5-stars to 4x 4-stars
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler

Nope... 1:4 == 25:100 == 25 out of a hundred (English) == 25 per centum (Latin) == 25 percent (English from the Latin root, also abbreviated symbolically as %) == 25%
    Thanks for clarifying; so it is "per" 1x 5-star from 4 draws (Or 7 now) rather than a "ratio" of 1x 5-stars to 4x 4-stars
    Right... 5* odds 1:4, and with that and only 4* in that store, the 4* odds are 3:4, which is the other 75% naturally.
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Interesting
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker

Right... 5* odds 1:4, and with that and only 4* in that store, the 4* odds are 3:4, which is the other 75% naturally.

Not to be “that guy” but odds work in a success:failure so if the odds are 1:4 that means you have one success for each 4 failures. Which in turn means there were 5 trials. This when you switch to probability (different from odds) you have one successful trial for each 5 events. Which gives you 1/5 which is actually 20%. Don’t confuse odds with probability. They are two different measures. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    chaos01 said:

Not to be “that guy” but odds work in a success:failure so if the odds are 1:4 that means you have one success for each 4 failures. Which in turn means there were 5 trials. This when you switch to probability (different from odds) you have one successful trial for each 5 events. Which gives you 1/5 which is actually 20%. Don’t confuse odds with probability. They are two different measures. 
    I was gonna dispute this and then realised you were right and I've been mis-using the ratio thing for some time o_o