Forum Thread

aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
Forum post.

Comments

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I went 0 for 20 on the fan favorite. Went 7 5*/1 BH with 20 pulls in Mes Amis vault
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Even though none of the 3 seem all that stellar (thought OML and Phoenix certainly aren't bad) and none are near 13 it's hard to pass up 25% pull rate.  It got me to squeeze 14 out of my hoard of 180.  Got 6 5*s so not bad.  Really want to luck into a 5* BH to finish Thanos, but alas it's not meant to be yet.

I really hope that the next 5* is Thor and his special vault has 5trange in it as he's one I'd like to get some more covers for.  Also I hope they start honoring cover swaps consistently for these or the number of takers will start dropping.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    14/58. My 2/2/2 Gambit is content and my 4 champ levels of OML and PHX each are happy as well. 
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Hmmm...conspiracy theory time...

What if the reason the Anniversary sale ended before Anniversary began was because they knew the Mes Amis 5* rates were going to be 25% and wanted people to purchase without the "bonus" goodies?
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    They always run the sale before the anniversary.  In previous years I've felt cheated as the tokens/offers/events during the anniversary were poor, this year I almost regret not doing more buys.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    They always run the sale before the anniversary.  In previous years I've felt cheated as the tokens/offers/events during the anniversary were poor, this year I almost regret not doing more buys.
    You were quick to take the fun out of my conspiracy theory, I'll give you that!
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    And THERE'S the data push to correct the pull rates!

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, they always run sales immediately before big changes or special events.  Soak every last $ out of the players.  also, it's easier to sell anniversary hype than it is to make good anniversary events (see Anniversaries 2 and 3. . .)

Also, i was pretty content sitting out the sale this year, but if they had announced cover swaps for fan favorite tokens or a 25% drop rate for gambit tokens I might well have been scrambling for a buy or two yesterday. . .

and the anniversary announcement clearly said 15%, so don't expect 1:4 to stick around for long! -- HA!  got the data push as I was typing this. . .
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,583 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's already gone - they did a date push and it got corrected.
  • ProfessorGumby
    And THERE'S the data push to correct the pull rates!

Seriously? They made the SAME "mistake" twice now???

EDIT: Nah, screw it. Leaving it. Better than letting this repeated incident go down the memory hole.
    Whoever "that guy" is, clearly doesn't do woodworking as a hobby... always measure twice (at least), then cut once!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is plausible that this was a second mistake.  But like the cup cake "accident" a few weeks before they killed baking, this seems to suggest strongly that demi is exploring different LT drop rates.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Draw rate now showing 1:7 instead of 1:4.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    It is plausible that this was a second mistake.  But like the cup cake "accident" a few weeks before they killed baking, this seems to suggest strongly that demi is exploring different LT drop rates.
    Or that they've assigned the token rate numbers to a new employee, someone who has now made the same mistake twice and will probably have all their updates watched extra carefully from now on... ensuring that watchful eyes are taken off some other aspect of the game and still other bugs slip through?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, this sucks. Thought about doing some pulls at lunch, but decided against it. Shoulda checked the drop rates, especially considering what happened the last time. 

As always, good to see they can sure get these issues fixed so quickly. Well, so long as it's a mistake in our favor. 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Missed the 25% bug again. 
  • Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Curious I thought 1:4 = 20% draw rate?
    Empirically I spent 825ish CP (33 pulls) and got 9 5-star covers which is 27%.
  • ProfessorGumby

Nope... 1:4 == 25:100 == 25 out of a hundred (English) == 25 per centum (Latin) == 25 percent (English from the Latin root, also abbreviated symbolically as %) == 25%
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Great... the only game that doesnt punish those who exploit obvious bugs...
    I was worried about game being pay to win but more likely it is cheat to win :D
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    1:4 is like 100:25 so, it is 25% chance... your 27% chance is acceptable statistical error.