Mes Amis 5* pull percentage [was 25%, now 15%]

124»

Comments

• ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    40 pulls, 9 Gambit, 5 OML and 4 Phnx (plus 1 bonus BB).
    So almost 50%....
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Wow most of you were really lucky! I made 11 pulls. Last one was Gambit cover, so I stopped.
  • Eagledave
    Eagledave Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    33 pulls

3 x Gambit
    3 x PHX
    2 x Logan

1 x BH Thanos

27% if the BH counts

Better still only wasted 1 x 4* although a couple on the vine I might struggle to apply.

Reasonably happy.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now 4 pulls.

1st- 5* Gambit (plus 5*Hawkeye BH)
    2nd- 5* Old Man Logan
    3rd- 5* Old Man Logan
    4th- 4* Cloak & Dagger
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled 16 tokens and only got 3 5*, 2 gambit and 1 Phx. 18%, sigh. 

but just glad that i got Gambit. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    So this isn't the first time this has happened.  Does anyone have a clue why it happened at all?  My two guesses are:
    1. They're testing how people react to different odds for pulling 5* covers.
    2. Their development server runs with the 25% odds to speed up testing, and they sometimes forget to set it back to 15% when moving changes to production.
    Given how quickly they fix this when it occurs I doubt it is (1), so I wonder if (2) is the case?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apparently the two events were not the same problem, but both were VERY unintentional.  So I wouldn't read too much into it.
  • Il galvanico
    Il galvanico Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    I've just opened 4 Mes Amis. Found Gambit and oml. 50 % for me as well...
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    jamesh said:
    So this isn't the first time this has happened.  Does anyone have a clue why it happened at all?  My two guesses are:
    1. They're testing how people react to different odds for pulling 5* covers.
    2. Their development server runs with the 25% odds to speed up testing, and they sometimes forget to set it back to 15% when moving changes to production.
    Given how quickly they fix this when it occurs I doubt it is (1), so I wonder if (2) is the case?
    Unlikely, but possible. Their test environment should be set up exactly like the production environment so that everything is replicated the same. Its what keeps random bugs that are difficult to solve from happening.

That being said....
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby

Can we get an official comment on this please.  In game we see the “odds” designation of success:failure not the “probability” success/total. So when we see ~1:7 technically that would be “odds” of roughly one success for each 7 failures. That would then be 8 trails for a “probability” of 1/8 or 12.5%. So when the “odds” are listed 1:4 that converts to 1/5 or 20%.  Again for a “probability” of 15% the “odds” shown should be 3:17 in lowest terms.  For 25% “probability” the “odds” should be 1:3. 

So I guess my question is: are the in game designations “odds” or are the incorrectly showing “probability”?
  • bluewolf
    edited October 2017
    chaos01 said:
    @Brigby

Can we get an official comment on this please.  In game we see the “odds” designation of success:failure not the “probability” success/total. So when we see ~1:7 technically that would be “odds” of roughly one success for each 7 failures. That would then be 8 trails for a “probability” of 1/8 or 12.5%. So when the “odds” are listed 1:4 that converts to 1/5 or 20%.  Again for a “probability” of 15% the “odds” shown should be 3:17 in lowest terms.  For 25% “probability” the “odds” should be 1:3. 

So I guess my question is: are the in game designations “odds” or are the incorrectly showing “probability”?
    They are dumbing it down.  It does not display truly accurate odds, but 1:7 is understood as 15% by most people.  Even if they are wrong. Most players never took stats, I'd wager.
  • xAzra3lx
    xAzra3lx Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Out of 21 pulls I got 5 Gambits, 3 Phoenix, and 2 OML
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Apparently the two events were not the same problem, but both were VERY unintentional.  So I wouldn't read too much into it.
    This is actually the 3rd anomaly 
    1 HE store BH rate
    2 Classic store 1:4 rate
    3 Gambit store 1:4 rate
  • bluewolf
    fmftint said:
    bluewolf said:
    This is actually the 3rd anomaly 
    1 HE store BH rate
    2 Classic store 1:4 rate
    3 Gambit store 1:4 rate
    Sorry, I was referring to the most recent two.  They seem correlated due to 25% being repeated; but they were different bugs.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't forget that at the same time that the Classics were set to 25%, the Latest tokens were set to 10%.  So they can screw it up both ways.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Three Mes Amis tokens, one duringthe bug, two after, no 5*.  C'est la vie.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Went 14/55 during 25% odds. Went 2/7 during 15%. This store was kind to me. :)
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,389 Chairperson of the Boards
    0 / 20 on 5* in the Mes Amis store.  Not so kind for me :(