Mes Amis Exchange policy for 5 star pulls.

whitecat31
whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor

The Mes Amis 5 star pulls include Gambit, Phoenix, and Old Man Logan.   Will the exchange policy be in place for the 5 star pulls from Mes Amis? So if a person gets 6 gambit colors they can get one exchanged?  Same thing for the other two five stars of Phoenix and Old Man Logan?

Comments

• edelkin77
    edelkin77 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I got a 6th black OML from this pack making him 5/5/0.  Still no red.  How do you go about contacting CS?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pull your hoard while the rate is 25%. This is your PSA before they (likely) fix it.

Last time, DD store had 5pidey and Panther. They did no Panther swaps.  Don't count on OML or PHO swaps....
  • whitecat31

In the upper right hand side of the mpq home screen is a gears button, that represents settings.  Click on that. click on the Help button.  Click on common questions.  Click on how to contact us.  Notice the email support@d3go.com. Which is the current email for help.  If you DON'T have access to email. Click on did you find this helpful. Say no.  Back out, and then back in again and at the bottom there should be a button that says CONTACT US.  Click on that, and write your message.

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    Might not hurt to tag @Brigby so he can see this, because I'm sure tons of people will be asking. (he gave us clarification that they won't swap Fan Favorites, but it'd still be nice to confirm Mes Amis one way or another as well)
  • Deadsider
    Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
    I had an unusable OML from it and contacted them, got denied already. Exchange policy is for LL and ONLY gambit in the mes amis store.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    I got the same thing, but for Phoenix.  They swapped Thanos and Surfer covers from the Cosmic store, then they can swap these covers as well.  The only reason I opened any of these tokens was to try to get a cover for my 5/2/5 Phoenix to swap.  I'm going to keep reopening the ticket until they switch it or the cover expires.
  • whitecat31

Customer service has denied me as well a swap of phoenix covers. But the precedence has been set by Cosmic.  I think it is grossly unfair to have useless 5 star covers come out, in pursuit of Gambit covers.  

• irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    6 pulls, only 5* was an unneeed PHX. Oh well.
  • JHawkInc

Customer service has denied me as well a swap of phoenix covers. But the precedence has been set by Cosmic.  I think it is grossly unfair to have useless 5 star covers come out, in pursuit of Gambit covers.  

The precedent was set by Hornhead, where they didn't swap Panther because he wasn't in Latest. Cosmic wasn't a release token like Hornhead and Mes Amis.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,583 Chairperson of the Boards

I agree - giving a limited-selection 5* draw on a regular basis is one potential solution to 5* dilution, which is pretty awful right now.  But it's only a good solution if they do swaps.

Hopefully at some point they'll implement an in-game solution to duplicate 5* covers and render this point moot.

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled 4 tokens, got Phoenix red and purple. Last two covers. Woo!
  • JHawkInc
    Orion said:
    JHawkInc said:

The precedent was set by Hornhead, where they didn't swap Panther because he wasn't in Latest. Cosmic wasn't a release token like Hornhead and Mes Amis.
    The precedent was set by Hornhead and then changed again with Cosmic.  Now they want to go back again?  Nope.  Any cover from a token that costs 25 CP should be eligible to be switched.
    No, it wasn't changed, it's one precedent for Release Legendary Tokens. Cosmic was not a Release token. Just like Fan Favorites is not a Release token.
  • whitecat31
    JHawkInc said:
    Orion said:
    JHawkInc said:

The precedent was set by Hornhead and then changed again with Cosmic.  Now they want to go back again?  Nope.  Any cover from a token that costs 25 CP should be eligible to be switched.
    No, it wasn't changed, it's one precedent for Release Legendary Tokens. Cosmic was not a Release token. Just like Fan Favorites is not a Release token.

Fan favorites does not have a choice of only 3 character covers, like the latest legendary or Cosmic.   So I think Fan Favorites is a different category.
  • whitecat31
    Guys. I am very happy to hear about your pull rates, but I think there is another post where we can talk about that.  I was hoping we can just get the OP question answered.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion said:
    I'd agree with that, and go further: until they make an in-game way for players to "rescue" unusable sixth covers, or even just significantly increase the sell prices for unusable 4* and 5* covers (giving both a lot more ISO and some CP), they should be honoring swaps on all five star covers.

There's a bunch of ways they could fix this, several of which are discussed in this thread I started in January of last year.  Dang thing had a bunch of likes on the old forum...

My favorite idea these days?  Just let people pay 1/6 the cost of buying a cover outright to move a cover from one power to another on an unchamped character.  Or pay that cost and unlock unlimited cover moves -- until clicking "done" and returning to the normal character view.  Free respec for champs, paid respec for all other characters.  Perfect fix, benefiting both players and the people that like to receive money from them.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guys. I am very happy to hear about your pull rates, but I think there is another post where we can talk about that.  I was hoping we can just get the OP question answered.
    [THIS.]

[As noted by the OP, there is another thread in which to discuss drop rates for this token.  This thread is for swap policies.  Keep threads on-topic, because this forum software is a pain and I don't feel like giving out any more warnings.]
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    The cosmic store swap policy might have been a once off. Especially if customer service got buried with all the swap requests. Each can take several days since they need to confirm the covers, you sell and then they gift the cover. I won’t be surprised if they end up not doing it anymore going forward (except for latest).
  • xAzra3lx
    xAzra3lx Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    I got the same denial. I have an OML diitong at 2/5/3. Pulled 2 yellow covers. RNG thought it would give me my 6th and 7th cover. It would be nice if they let you swap them.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    xAzra3lx said:
    I got the same denial. I have an OML diitong at 2/5/3. Pulled 2 yellow covers. RNG thought it would give me my 6th and 7th cover. It would be nice if they let you swap them.
    Same here. I got my 6th OML red. First they said they wouldn't exchange because it's not latest. Then when I argued about the token cost being the same they said that they'd exchange a Gambit cover pulled from Mes Amis but not PHX or OML. Because reasons...

I'm still trying to get an explanation how that's not totally arbitrary...The whole thing is just extremely frustrating. It would have been my 13th oml cover. If I can't get that one exchanged it'll be months at least until I pull another OML; and I'm sure it's gonna be red again.