Odds on getting a Howard the Duck cover swap?

2»

Comments

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Mr. Blutarsky, zero point zero zero. - Dean Wermer.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Pants1000 said:
    Chances for a swap are zero, but there is a chance for him in the HfH store.   My duck is 4/3/5, so if I pull a 6th purple and he pops up in the store, I’ll probably buy it and champ him.
    limited characters show up in HfH? 
    It does seem extremely unlikely, but I am holding out hope for now.  Since it’s almost an arcane science figuring out when it triggers, well, why not hope?

Another thought:  If Duck Season runs again while HfH is active, there HAS to be a cover for sale, right? During his Crash?  Or....?  And which color would it be?  I guess we will see Duck Season sometime before the second color rotation begins in another 6 months or so.  So maybe the first.  My 2/5/5 duck would like that.

Whether it is worth 3600HP is another  question.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Pants1000 said:
    Chances for a swap are zero, but there is a chance for him in the HfH store.   My duck is 4/3/5, so if I pull a 6th purple and he pops up in the store, I’ll probably buy it and champ him.
    I can’t say for sure, but others have posted that they had Howard in their store.  

I’ll post back here if I happen to get it.  

The store is strange though.  Right now I also have a 12-cover Rogue with a 6th green on the vine, and it hasn’t popped up in the store either.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Pants1000 said:
    Pants1000 said:
    I can’t say for sure, but others have posted that they had Howard in their store.  

I’ll post back here if I happen to get it.  

The store is strange though.  Right now I also have a 12-cover Rogue with a 6th green on the vine, and it hasn’t popped up in the store either.
    I ended up getting a green, making mine 5/3/5.  So I don’t have to worry about the HFH store.  Guess I’ll champ him next time Webbed Wonder runs.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Howard was 3/2/0 the last time his crash came around. He is 3/2/2 now. Not complaining.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

If there's some sort of club for people who get far too many Purple Howard covers, I want to join. Just got my tenth Purple for my 3/4/5 Howard.

Granted, of those ten one was from the Daily resupply and one was the only time I managed to beat the 0.1% odds and get the release character from an event token... but still.

• maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I got a green from Webbed Wonder this time. I think I got a green the last time the event was run as well. I sold that cover, and I may well end up selling this one too. I've got a decent sized hoard to open for Christmas so I need all the HP I can get for potential new characters I need to roster from there.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went into the event expecting to get yet another purple which would take him to 0/0/4 but the puzzle gods smiled upon me and I got a green instead.