Odds on getting a Howard the Duck cover swap?

rdvargas1
rdvargas1 Posts: 77 Match Maker
Hello all. I just pulled a purple cover from the end of Webbed Wonder for my 2/3/5 covered Howard.  I've only asked for a cover swap one other time and was denied because it was a 4* (can't remember who).  Since Howard is a Limited and very rare character should I try again?  I'd like to get him champed  and sitting alongside my Devil Dinosaur and Bagman in the trophy case.    

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zero 1 2 3
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't bother.  They don't swap 4*s, unfortunately.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    No swap on anything but Latest Legendary token characters (and the exception they did for Cosmic LTs)
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, last Webbed Wonder I got a useless purple, same as this one. I also got a purple from resupply still on the vine. Haven't sold it yet in case they would do a swap, but I wasn't expecting anything
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've never gotten anything but purple from Webbed Wonder.  It is supposed to be a random cover, right?
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Given the recent changes to the HfH store where some people randomly get offers for needed covers, they have proven they can look at your roster and know which colors you can use vs. those you are full on.
    I would think they could find a way on events like this where they give a single rare cover as a reward, that they could change the color to one you don't already have 5 of.
    My Howard sat at 2/5/2 for a long time while I got multiple blues. Thankfully, today I got a purple, to put him to 2/5/5. 
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    I think last run I got a Green, but this time I also got a Purple.
    <tinfoil hat> just another confirmation that covers are "more rare" based on whether its the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd listed power, even within the RNG algorithms.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    My 1/1/5 Howard got a useless Purple cover from the last mission in Webbed Wonder - nice way to end a 3 day event with a disappointment - you'd think Demi/D3 would want to fix that.  But apparently not.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    My Howard is actually 2/3/5 as well. And ofc purple for me as well. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think last run I got a Green, but this time I also got a Purple.
    <tinfoil hat> just another confirmation that covers are "more rare" based on whether its the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd listed power, even within the RNG algorithms.
    Well I've gotten a blue the last two times. Confirmation bias: confirmed ;)
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Send me the purple howards im 2/3/0 and cant win his crash without purple
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Straycat said:
    Yeah, last Webbed Wonder I got a useless purple, same as this one. I also got a purple from resupply still on the vine. Haven't sold it yet in case they would do a swap, but I wasn't expecting anything
    3 purples in a row. I am not shocked
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's so weird that this event still rewards a Howard cover.
    Either only run it during Duck Season, where that cover makes sense, or just replace it with a cover for the featured 4* character each run.

My duck is champed so I'll take each champ level, but thematically it makes no sense.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Either only run it during Duck Season, where that cover makes sense, or just replace it with a cover for the featured 4* character each run.

My duck is champed so I'll take each champ level, but thematically it makes no sense.
    Why is it weird???

I'm a little bummed, this event I'll get my 14th cover.  My plan would have been to champ him now, but got a 14th DD and have a 14th Thanos coming both unexpectedly so I'm not gonna have the ISO to champ all 3 #MPQProblems
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Bowgentle said:

Why is it weird???

I'm a little bummed, this event I'll get my 14th cover.  My plan would have been to champ him now, but got a 14th DD and have a 14th Thanos coming both unexpectedly so I'm not gonna have the ISO to champ all 3 #MPQProblems
    It's weird because he's never featured in the event, yet you get a cover in the end.
    At least they could buff him each run, then the cover would make sense.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    :lol: (since there's no button anymore)
    Well, you know .... stuff. Dude could PM somebody maybe :D 

Bowgentle said:
    It's weird because he's never featured in the event, yet you get a cover in the end.
    At least they could buff him each run, then the cover would make sense.
    He's still in the cut scenes .... for the benefit of everyone reading those .... got to be at least 1 person .... somewhere....
    And in the background pictures, and it's named for him, and it was his release event...
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Sentry and Hulk are not boosted for every run of Prodigal Sun and The Hulk, and we get their covers there.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Zero point zero
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    I love getting tha howard.covers keep themgoing im still 3/3/0 0 purple means no crash win
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Chances for a swap are zero, but there is a chance for him in the HfH store.   My duck is 4/3/5, so if I pull a 6th purple and he pops up in the store, I’ll probably buy it and champ him.