I was going to play EMO but....

Options
2»

Comments

• Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No I'm using Android. Just saw your post in discord. I've been having as many problems as you. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Please keep all comments on the original topic of the thread. Thank you*
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @Brigby the SWW error is still prevalent and since last weekend, we have players getting completely locked out of the game when they get it. This isn't ok and it isn't fair. No communication, no update just

SWW

//Snipped Comment For Brevity and Conservation Of Space -Brigby
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Please address the SWW issue. It doesn't just hurt the individual player but the players team and the game as a whole.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm going to resurrect every recent thread I can find just because this problem has gotten so bad today. I'm sick of losing points because of it. 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Even before the networking code in this was sooo fragile and horrible. I'm sure Oktagon are trying to operate on it, but just touching it causes problems and there simply isn't time to redo it from scratch like it actually needs.

From my experience _when these errors aren;t widespread_ I can cause them. If i'm on WiFi at hmoe and I max out my network downloading things I get nothing but SWW errors, I have to turn off WiFi and use the phone which has hardly any at all, same device, different network.

From my perspective it seems like it just doesn't retry properly, if it gets even 50% dropped packets or delays in replies it just completely gives up. It needss to be far more robust but I have no idea how they can do that as quickly as we need.

But none of this is Oktagon's fault, they are stuck with it and probably pulling their hair out. There is Soooo much wrong with the networking and authentication code in this. eg. The game takes time to log you in and confirm things, great, but then _unlike_ any other game ever, if you switch to a different "tab" in the game it has to reauthenticate you, that is totally ridiculous, that's not how things are meant to work. I should be able to swtich between events and the vault and my coalition pages _without_ such huge network delays, without it reauthenticating me, but it's built into the basis of the whole system, I've never seen something so fragile and dodgy.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

The development team is aware of this issue, and we apologize for the inconvenience. This bug is a carry-over from our predecessors, and we are working on a fix that will require some extensive development/QA efforts. In the meantime, we are working on ways to improve our reaction and resolution time, should this issue occur again in the future.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.