Who is on your "Kill First" list?

Anon
Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
These are the characters you zero in on as soon as the fight begins. I'm anticipating a lot of similar answers, but there may be some interesting ones as well.

Hood, Loki, OBW, Medusa, Carol and Vulture will likely be on most people's lists. As well as goons like Muscle, Kishu, and Konran.

Personally I hate Sentry Flyers. Those are the Yellow ones that heal up when there are a certain number of enemy special tiles on the board. It's really annoying to hit them hard, only for them to nearly heal to full health in like 2-3 turns. 

I also place big priority on 3* Falcon and 3* Blade. If Falcon is on a team, better believe someone's making special tiles to buff. If there isn't? Not to worry, he makes them himself, and Redwing is a hassle once it gets going.

3* Blade will lay out strikes like no one's business once there are 9 red tiles and once he lays down KYEC, you have to shift to damage control.

I'm probably forgetting more, but that's my list for the moment. What about you guys?

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't prioritize Konran that much anymore, since their countdowns are all pretty long-term. and if you let them fire Black Arts before they're damaged, it will just beat up one of their team members for no gain.

4* Blade is pretty high on the list, too, but he's almost always combined with someone even higher (Medusa, C4rol, etc), so he drops down a bit.

Thing and both versions of Deadpool are on the list as well, just because they make it so much harder (or more painful) to take anyone else out first.

Unless I'm running a team that really doesn't need AP, Hood is #1. His AP drain is a nasty slowdown, and his health is low enough that it's usually possible to down him pretty quickly.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Peggy is usually a priority. Same with Carol. Medusa. On Dark Avengers teams I'll put Ares in my crosshairs pretty fast. It really depends on team make-up. A utility character like Wasp can be extremely dangerous on the right team. Other factors can change things too; if the match opens to a yellow-dominant board I'll go after IM40 first, but if there's nary a yellow in sight I know his powers are otherwise expensive and I'll save him for last. If I'm going to rely on green I know to take out rhulk. Etc... etc...
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Doctor Strange. The first ability I use will be one that downs him so I don't have to worry about his passive hitting me and healing his team.
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Peggy iis often high on my kill list, or at least she's the first priority to get her down below her health threshold for her yellow passive.  She can choke off your ability to fire powers until late in the game.  I'll very often use 4RnG and another Guardian to cut her health down before she and her allies can pummel me.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Juggernaut. All day, every day, and 3x on Sundays.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Moonstone.  Seriously, microscopic kitten Moonstone.
  • Anon
    Moonstone.  Seriously, microscopic kitten Moonstone.

That Red! Ughhh.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Medusa (assuming one or both sides has significant tile generation)
    C4rol (If she's gaining AP from a key color to my strat or doing damage, otherwise not so critical)
    Vulture
    Anyone who can go invisible
    Anyone with a strong heal
    Peggy
    Strange
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    5* panther
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    In addition to the previously mentioned...

Iceman
    Professor X
    Scarlet Witch
    Loki
    Hood
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    My traditional #1s are Hood and Loki.  My MMR is past where they usually are in PvP, so I don't see them much anymore.  Likewise with goons.  If start hitting CL9 I'll have to worry about them again, in which case Kishu is first.  Both protect tiles and traps get out of hand fast if you don't handle them quick, but only if they're of sufficient level to be a threat. Then I'd go for healers (sentry flyer and lieutenant), followed by Muscle.

From the ones I see the most now (mostly 4*, low 5*, support 3*), I'd rank these as my top priorities, but they might not necessarily go in that order if they're on the same team.

1) Medusa
    2) Vulture
    3) C4ge
    4) Strange (either)
    5) Prof X
    6) Jean
    7) IM40
    7) Peggy
    8) Bl4de
    9) De4dpool
    10) Thing

I'm tempted to put Mockingbird in there, but I don't have enough experience with or against her yet.  The first couple times I fought boosted champs her red destroyed me, and since I'm not that familiar I'm sure her passives were doing something nasty to me that I could have prevented.

• Deadsider
    Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Ragnarok, because I don't like him.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stunners.
  • Anon
    OJSP said:
    Stunners.
    What have you got against beautiful women?  :D
    Thought he meant Steve Austin  :p
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Stunners.
    What have you got against beautiful women?  :D

Whatever they'll let me.
  • Bigtone
    Bigtone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Kamala Khan, especially if she's paired with anyone who fires off a lot of powers
  • Anon
    Bigtone said:
    Kamala Khan, especially if she's paired with anyone who fires off a lot of powers
    I feel dumb for forgetting her. She definitely up there.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    #1 is Hood.  I like my AP, thank you very much.
    #2 is Dr Strange.  I like *using* my AP, thank you very much.
    #3 is either of the Blades. Those strike tiles get very ugly, very quickly.

Beyond that, it depends on the team I'm using:
    If I don't have an AoE, anyone who can go invisible gets priority...especially Prof X.
    If our strongest colors match, C4rol gets killed ASAP.
    If I'm not using my own Medusa, their Medusa.
    If I can't prevent yellow matches, IM40.

I haven't run into too many teams using Vulture, but I'd imagine he gets way up on the list.  I'd also put Cloak and Dagger up there as well if I ever ran into another team using her.  After using her when she's boosted, I've found she is super annoying even when she is not boosted.

True healers generally get to live the longest, simply because I want everyone else out of the way first.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Bolt every day of the week, and twice on Sundays
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Strange doesn't really scare me anymore because I almost always have someone with me that does passive damage or can stun. His stun sucks balls though.