Rogue: A stellar release ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes it's all about reducing her yellow's effectiveness.  

If she has 30k health, and is reducing damage by 25% per teammate, you end up having to do 120k damage if you take her out first, or "only" 40k if you leave her for last.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Pants1000 said:

If she has 30k health, and is reducing damage by 25% per teammate, you end up having to do 120k damage if you take her out first, or "only" 40k if you leave her for last.
    Easier said than done, unless you constantly stun her or avoid her colors. But avoiding her colors is pretty hard. And once she siphon you, it is even harder especially if she takes one of the other 3 colors. 

It seems that attack tiles won't be reduced, so there is another tool to bring her down quickly. 
    It remains to be seen when we will have more opportunities to play with & against her, but right now she is a priority for me also, depending on her teammates of course and who am I using.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Pants1000 said:

Easier said than done, unless you constantly stun her or avoid her colors. But avoiding her colors is pretty hard. And once she siphon you, it is even harder especially if she takes one of the other 3 colors. 

It seems that attack tiles won't be reduced, so there is another tool to bring her down quickly. 
    It remains to be seen when we will have more opportunities to play with & against her, but right now she is a priority for me also, depending on her teammates of course and who am I using.
    Yeah, bringing a stunner will pretty much be a requirement when facing her. 
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    A champed Rogue?
    dont't see why u get hurt much.

last time I used her in versus with only 1/1/1
    she barely gets hurt.

anyway, my main use for her is the syphon skill not for damage but AP gathering.
    was able to charge another character AP up and use the skill asap so she won't burst and lose the syphon mode.

was able to keep her in that mode throughout the game when done properly. Won many rounds with that.

now having fun with Nightcrawler. :)
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What is your roster like and what are typical enemy teams?

I'm debating making her my bonus for large token openings to get as high as possible. I figure if she is boosted and level 310 or so unboosted that she will have so much health that people will just skip me
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    She soaks up same amount of AP at 3 covers and 5 covers. So I'm keeping green at 3 even after reading this. :)

She eats healthpacks a simpy because, well, she gets hit a lot.
    Sounds like you need to team her with someone who burst-heals. Or makes Protect tiles. She shouldn't take -that- much damage at -75% Be careful of Attack tiles, though, she takes full damage from those.

You'll also want to consider which 1-3 colors are the enemy team's strongest, and bring someone with a cheap, spammable power in at least one of those colors. If it's 7-8 AP, you stand your best chance of being able to fire it before you hit 14. Or, you could just put her at 5/3/5 and watch her nuke down the other team. Sure you take a little damage, but probably less than if you left them alive for a lot longer. (Again, with burst heals you can keep this up for longer)

I think Rogue isn't going to be good on a static team; it seems like she'll take more care to pick a team who specifically benefits from the strongest colors on the opposing team. Like Carol's green, only moreso.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Opened a small LT hoard to max-cover my Rogue today (waited for 5Gambit and it paid off!) so now I'm waiting on 100k ISO to champ her. Anyone come up with some good teammates for her? I tried Kate and Fury in Nightcrawler's simulator thingy and that team was pretty good. Kate covers the opposite side of the rainbow as Rogue and Nick gives a pretty good active yellow since Rogue's is passive.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    mexus said:
    Let us come up with some good team together.
    I hoped for Quake, Power Man and her - too bad it was awfully slow and I took lots of defense losses with them in the Simulator..
    How about the Hulk and Coulson. Seems like it would be pretty good against a team where you could Power Drain vs green. I guess that's the main thing. It's going to depend on what your available power drain targets are.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm about to champ Rogue but will have like 9 champ 5* and mostly going against panthos teams in PVP. I think Rogue is better in 5* tier right now than 4* because groot is used so much and his tiles will eat through rogue. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    mexus said:
    mexus said:
    Let us come up with some good team together.
    I hoped for Quake, Power Man and her - too bad it was awfully slow and I took lots of defense losses with them in the Simulator..
    How about the Hulk and Coulson. Seems like it would be pretty good against a team where you could Power Drain vs green. I guess that's the main thing. It's going to depend on what your available power drain targets are.
    Which Hulk? The Asian one? I don't have him at a good level, unfortunately.
    Moon Knight or Blade, then. MK of the two of those, I suppose. Although Iron Fist or Vulture would cover just as well, aside from the overlap with Super Secret Tech (which you're probably not planning on spamming anyways)
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have her at 5/5/2 now, with 2 red covers on the vine. I hope for a yellow soon to champ her. So far she seems pretty good with Wasp in the Nightcrawler PvP. But I cannot test her right because of those 2 yellow covers. 

She also works well with Grocket & Gamora. Medusa is also an interesting partner. Power Man & her completely shut down the enemy team when they have protect tiles out, since they count after mitigation, reducing damage even further.
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    mexus said:
    Vold said:
    A champed Rogue?
    dont't see why u get hurt much.

last time I used her in versus with only 1/1/1
    she barely gets hurt.

anyway, my main use for her is the syphon skill not for damage but AP gathering.
    was able to charge another character AP up and use the skill asap so she won't burst and lose the syphon mode.

was able to keep her in that mode throughout the game when done properly. Won many rounds with that.
    She soaks up same amount of AP at 3 covers and 5 covers. So I'm keeping green at 3 even after reading this. :)

She eats healthpacks a simpy because, well, she gets hit a lot.
    Like I said, even at lvl 1 her ap boost is more than enough, so if lvl 3 is the max she can boost, so ya. That should be enough. Tag a green person, she charges my sniper fast.

Using a healer to get most hits and since she tagged a colour of her own, she get zero dmg from it and swings to the front to protect others
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I don't have 4cage of sufficient quality yet but I do have a 248 3cage that might work with her. Put his red defense tile at 5 and he's got active yellow and black, which doesn't dupe with Rogue. Just need a killer purple at that point.

Edit: Okay, I just played a few in simulator with Rogue (3/5/5), Kate Bishop (3/5/5) and 3Cage (5/3/3) and that was fun. Between Rogue's mitigation at 75% and Cage's protect tile enemy matches and powers were laughable at times. I faced a near max-champed Dr. Strange and his yellow passive was doing 100 damage if Rogue was in front. Their matches were doing 1 damage.