Options
2»

Comments

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Beer40 said:
    Rogue, Gambit, Nightcrawler are all great additions.

My hope is we get an Angel/Archangel (like Banner/Hulk but better), Cable, Emma Frost, and Kitty Pryde. 

I mean, there are probably 25 Mutants I could name off the top of my head that I'd like also, but if we had those 7 I would be content.
    Gambit I can take or leave; I like his powers but not the character. Cable is a nothing character to me - the byproduct of a bad era of comic books where a character was nothing but a big gun and a bad attitude, and that was considered 'cool'. I never liked Angel either because all he could do was fly with his big wings, which I thought looked stupid and would be more of a detriment in life; I mean, how does this guy sleep or fit in a shower?

Kitty Pryde is a major YES. One of the X-Men's most interesting characters with a rich history. Emma Frost is okay, she got a lot more interesting when she joined Xavier and the school; I thought she was a rather insulting stereotype when Claremont used her in the Hellfire Club.

I was a big fan of some of the early New Mutants (pre-Cable) like Sunspot, Cannonball, Wolfsbane, Illyana Rasputin (Magik), and of course Warlock. Don't hold out much hope of any of them making it to the game tho.
    Oh you're totally missing out on the story of Cable, which is far more nuanced than that.

The New Mutants were definitely in the 25 I was thinking about, but like you say, I don't hold out much hope there. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am admittedly biased against most of Rob Liefeld's creations. Even Deadpool. Sure, later creators improved them significantly but to me they've always carried the stigma of his lameness with them.

-----

A scene from Rob's studio in 1990...

Rob: "Hm... who can I create? I know! A guy with a big gun, lots of pouches, and unreasonably ridiculous ankles. Oh! Here's a guy with a big sword and lots of pouches. I know! I'll make a guy that looks like Wolverine, he's popular..."

Editor: "That's great Rob, these look great, what's their personality and history?"

Rob: *blank stare*
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I am admittedly biased against most of Rob Liefeld's creations. Even Deadpool. Sure, later creators improved them significantly but to me they've always carried the stigma of his lameness with them.

-----

A scene from Rob's studio in 1990...

Rob: "Hm... who can I create? I know! A guy with a big gun, lots of pouches, and unreasonably ridiculous ankles. Oh! Here's a guy with a big sword and lots of pouches. I know! I'll make a guy that looks like Wolverine, he's popular..."

Editor: "That's great Rob, these look great, what's their personality and history?"

Rob: *blank stare*
    "He's...he's...got a...sword...made of pouches?"

"...Rob, you are a bloody genius. Here's a giant sack of money."
  • dylflon
    dylflon Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've been doing a readthrough of every X-men comic and the Liefeld era was hands down the worst thing I had to read, with a close second going to the Claremont X-treme X-Men run from the early 2000s.