Finally... Rogue

Options
Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
After four years of hopes, dreams, prayers, and seemingly ignored character surveys... the belle of Marvel has finally arrived. My favorite mutant and by far the most interesting character to ever grace the pages of the X-Men, Rogue.

I can't stop opening my roster and looking at her cover.  :)

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's a good day. With good days to come.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She looks fantastic, too. So glad they didn't give us any of the weird emo versions. 
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of the art, do you guys like it?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I annoyed the **** out of my alliance mates because of my whining after every new character release.

"We got XYZ and STILL no Rogue!"
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got me my girl. Now I want some Emma Frost.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion said:
    The cover is interesting because it says "Finally!  Because you demanded it!"  Like the devs were talking to us...
    I doubt it's a coincidense.

STOPTHIS said:
    But nothing is settled until Dazzler is released. Nothing.
    I'm annoyed at myself because I got it into my head she could be this anniversary's Devil Dino. And now if it doesn't happen I know I'll be hella disappointed =(
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Wonko33 said:
    I do like it. The cover is perfect. The only other chooice would have been a Jim Lee rendering, but honestly his stuff from that era is starting to look pretty dated. The internal cover artwork is perfect and a great pose, plus the costume choice is a classic.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I kinda wish she'd been a 5*. But yeah, I'm stoked she's in too. 

Also, I just noticed the banner at the top of the page shows Rogue, Gambit and Nightcrawler. Too good to be true?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wonko33 said:
    LOVE it.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    I kinda wish she'd been a 5*. But yeah, I'm stoked she's in too. 

Also, I just noticed the banner at the top of the page shows Rogue, Gambit and Nightcrawler. Too good to be true?
    Nope, they said in the article that Gambit & Nightcrawler are next. Gambit probably the 5*
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Glad that mutants and the X-Men are getting the love!  Managed to get through the first three levels of Shield Training and got a Rogue yellow cover (not her best power but it's a start!)  And yes, I think the artwork is good.
  • RemcoLoki
    RemcoLoki Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    After four years of hopes, dreams, prayers, and seemingly ignored character surveys... the belle of Marvel has finally arrived. My favorite mutant and by far the most interesting character to ever grace the pages of the X-Men, Rogue.

I can't stop opening my roster and looking at her cover.  :)

I feel exactly the same, I'm on day 1322 and joined before daily resupply was a thing so I guess I must've hit four years by now too. I orginally joined in the hopes of being able to play Rogue, it's been sooo long :'(
    I love her artwork, though her face does seem a bit weird in one pose, but I can forgive that. The gloves off animation with the bare hand is just wonderful.
    Too bad the didn't do anything with sounds...again. The generic "ugh" sound on her red is disappointing.
    Seeing "sugah" makes up for it a bit though, because that still sounds great in my head.

Too bad for the other characters that there'll only be two spots left ever again when she's champed <3
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rogue, Gambit, Nightcrawler are all great additions.

My hope is we get an Angel/Archangel (like Banner/Hulk but better), Cable, Emma Frost, and Kitty Pryde. 

I mean, there are probably 25 Mutants I could name off the top of my head that I'd like also, but if we had those 7 I would be content.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wonko33 said:
    I'm not crazy about the cover, but the character model in game looks great IMO.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    Wonko33 said:
    I'm not crazy about the cover, but the character model in game looks great IMO.
    Definitely her classic look, and done well.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm very excited about Rogue, but less excited about the number of posts we're inevitably going to get talking about Rouge.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    Rogue, Gambit, Nightcrawler are all great additions.

My hope is we get an Angel/Archangel (like Banner/Hulk but better), Cable, Emma Frost, and Kitty Pryde. 

I mean, there are probably 25 Mutants I could name off the top of my head that I'd like also, but if we had those 7 I would be content.
    Gambit I can take or leave; I like his powers but not the character. Cable is a nothing character to me - the byproduct of a bad era of comic books where a character was nothing but a big gun and a bad attitude, and that was considered 'cool'. I never liked Angel either because all he could do was fly with his big wings, which I thought looked stupid and would be more of a detriment in life; I mean, how does this guy sleep or fit in a shower?

Kitty Pryde is a major YES. One of the X-Men's most interesting characters with a rich history. Emma Frost is okay, she got a lot more interesting when she joined Xavier and the school; I thought she was a rather insulting stereotype when Claremont used her in the Hellfire Club.

I was a big fan of some of the early New Mutants (pre-Cable) like Sunspot, Cannonball, Wolfsbane, Illyana Rasputin (Magik), and of course Warlock. Don't hold out much hope of any of them making it to the game tho.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm very excited about Rogue, but less excited about the number of posts we're inevitably going to get talking about Rouge.

I c wut u did der.