Anniversary Sale, Rogue Cover Store Sale, and X-Men Affiliations *Update (9/28/17)

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said: 
    Juggernaut will definitely be added to the list as well, however we're not too certain about Cloak and Dagger. To my knowledge, they were only on the Dark X-Men team, not the X-Men.

Also, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are considered part of the MCU, so they will not be included in the X-Men Affiliation tag.
    Unless, presumably, you also release an x-men universe version of them.
    I believe Marvel retconned QS and SW being mutants AND Magneto's kids. Somebody with more X-knowlegde can correct me, but I don't think Wanda has ever been on an X-team and QS has never been an X-Man. X-Factor member, but not an X-Men. Obviously both were on the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.

So we got:
    Mystique who is a mutant has been an X-Man. 
    Juggernaut who isn't a mutant, but has been a X-Man.
    Cloak and Dagger who weren't mutants, then they were mutants, then they weren't mutants, but still joined a X-team, but for some reason don't count as X-Men.
    And Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch who were mutants, aren't mutants now, did fight the X-Men, but never became X-Men.

Comics are silly.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Richyyy said:
    Vhailorx said:

(2) highlight the continued absurdity and borderline predatory design of the odds splash page, which for months has offered a confusing and usless jumble of information at best, and is outright deceptive at worst.  And this after replacing a simple, comprehensive list of relevant data.

I agree that those odds panels are an absolute mess. Why try to put it all in ratios when you could just give us the information in basic, simple percentages? It reminds me of when every website decided it had to have flash graphics as part of its front-end - they made it prettier, but made it much harder to find the information you're actually there for.
    The answer's obvious, dude.
    Percentages sound like you have a tinykitty chance. Ratios confuse and obfuscate the information so your brain can't process it as easily. As a result you tend to ignore the odds and just try your luck.
    Not only that. Those individual %ages require maintenance. And the decimal places..... 0.0024% looks awful. And since they were only giving us 1 decimal place, just about everything would read 0.0% now.

Slap 1:x for an entire rarity and they never have to touch it again. Release 50 more x*s, it,s stil 1:x gor the whole group.

All of this is true.  But none of it justifies the stupid current odds splash page.  "You wouldn't buy as much of my stuff if i gave you accurate information about it" is a pretty terrible policy from the consumer perspective. So i am not going to stop complaining about it when the opportunity arises.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:

All of this is true.  But none of it justifies the stupid current odds splash page.  "You wouldn't buy as much of my stuff if i gave you accurate information about it" is a pretty terrible policy from the consumer perspective. So i am not going to stop complaining about it when the opportunity arises.
    Well that's because the policy isn't written from a consumer perspective. Literally happens all the time in the business world. And when you get people that try to be up front and customer friendly (say, JC Penny, when they did away with sales and coupons and just lowered item prices across the board), it backfires.

Call it stupid, but I'm amazed we had straight percentages in the first place.
  • Tintaiwan
    Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    zodiac339 said:
    @Brigby
    I'm confused as well as to why Iceman (All-New X-Men) isn't getting the X-Men affiliation. Maybe just an omission from the posted list?
    There's probably just an overall delay so they can update his artwork too so he won't look like a child molester. Then the X-Men won't be so uncomfortable with the affiliation.
    Lol 

i li think the human being mascot from community
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    "Instead of the usual dedicated store with increased odds, we've decided to apply a discount across the 10x and 40x purchases in the store,"

gotta say.
    not a fan.

though I imagine a discounted store that gives out legendary tokens for 40 packs will sell much better to the whales.

the anniversary vault was always one of my favorite things about the anniversary though given how good of odds they had.

instead we have a normal store with usual odds, with just a little cheaper pulls for HP with no increasing odds of good stuff if you have bad luck.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    zulux21 said:
    "Instead of the usual dedicated store with increased odds, we've decided to apply a discount across the 10x and 40x purchases in the store,"

gotta say.
    not a fan.

though I imagine a discounted store that gives out legendary tokens for 40 packs will sell much better to the whales.

the anniversary vault was always one of my favorite things about the anniversary though given how good of odds they had.
    A lot of people are looking at the Rogue events and store as being part of the Anniversary.  However, only the 30% sale/bonus in the store is part of the Anniversary events.  The Rogue Hearts of Darkness store is not part of it.

The Anniversary events and hoped-for vault should begin in one week.  The official anniversary date is 10/3.  The store sale precedes the other events.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    zulux21 said:

gotta say.
    not a fan.

A lot of people are looking at the Rogue events and store as being part of the Anniversary.  However, only the 30% sale/bonus in the store is part of the Anniversary events.  The Rogue Hearts of Darkness store is not part of it.

The Anniversary events and hoped-for vault should begin in one week.  The official anniversary date is 10/3.  The store sale precedes the other events.
    here's hoping you are correct.
    but so far everything they have been talking about has basically just been a celebration of whales.
    I mean I get it, they keep the game going, but it doesn't exactly feel great for people not willing to put thousands into the game :P
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm glad the X-Affiliation tag went through the usual rigorous Demiurge QA process.

At this point, can ANYTHING that doesn't directly make money be added without delays or breaking other stuff?

Oh wait, even the anniversary sale is broken.

Good job.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    STOPTHIS said:

Going a little off topic here, and admittedly, I am no comics expert, but according the X-men 3 movie, Juggs is a mutant, and I thought he was a mutant in the 90's cartoon too.
  • murmit
    murmit Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    STOPTHIS said:

Going a little off topic here, and admittedly, I am no comics expert, but according the X-men 3 movie, Juggs is a mutant, and I thought he was a mutant in the 90's cartoon too.
    The movie i have no clue about but in the cartoon and comics juggs is noy a mutant but actually a magic user because of the stone of carnak (not sure how to spell that name)☺
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    murmit said:
    STOPTHIS said:

The movie i have no clue about but in the cartoon and comics juggs is noy a mutant but actually a magic user because of the stone of carnak (not sure how to spell that name)☺
    He gets his power from the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak. There is a story where his partner in crime, Black Tom Cassidy becomes Juggernaut by touching the gem. So comic book version definitely not a mutant.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Oh, thank you for updating the looong-awaited X-Men Affiliation tag, they deserve it since this feature was implemented!
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    murmit said:
    STOPTHIS said:

He gets his power from the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak. There is a story where his partner in crime, Black Tom Cassidy becomes Juggernaut by touching the gem. So comic book version definitely not a mutant.
    OK, that makes sense. They couldn't explain him getting powers from magic in the movie, so they just made him a mutant.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    murmit said:
    STOPTHIS said:

OK, that makes sense. They couldn't explain him getting powers from magic in the movie, so they just made him a mutant.
    Yeah. He is also Prof X Step brother in the comic books who resents Xavier's relationship with his dad but I think they changed that for the movie version also.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for the X-Men affiliation update.  I look forward to better PVP off season events!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby

Can we expect the X-Men affiliation to be on Dazzler too?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Vhailorx said:

Well that's because the policy isn't written from a consumer perspective. Literally happens all the time in the business world. And when you get people that try to be up front and customer friendly (say, JC Penny, when they did away with sales and coupons and just lowered item prices across the board), it backfires.

Call it stupid, but I'm amazed we had straight percentages in the first place.
    Oh good lord the JC Penny thing was fascinating to read about. On paper it sounds like such awesome consumer friendly stuff like "No pointless sales" (ie, the price of the product was always $50, but they were on sale permanently as half price down from $100, which was deceptive) and the end result being...people didn't buy the product. I mean what sounds better? A $50 product, or a product that *was* $100 but is *now* $50?

I find retail psychology to be fascinating, but there's a difference between designing and catering your business with consumer psychology in mind...and outright exploiting these factors.

It's why games with fake currencies, or even services like Microsoft's MS Points, do not equate a fixed amount a similar pseudo current amount. So for example in the UK, 800 MS points was something like £6.80. Now how is the consumer, at a glance, going to work out how much a piece of content costs? There's also the psychological component of buying these points and quickly forgetting that they're real money. It's like when you refund a game on Steam and you have money in your wallet. When you buy a game later iit kinda feels like you got a free game, right?

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    DAZ0273 said:
    Yeah. He is also Prof X Step brother in the comic books who resents Xavier's relationship with his dad but I think they changed that for the movie version also.
    ...now I'm just picturing Juggernaut smashing into the scene, Kool Aid man style, and shouting "I'm the Juggernaut, tinykitty" when Xavier and Mystique are talking as children in X-Men: First Class.   Yeah, I can see why they didn't go that direction.  It might have hurt the tone.

@Brigby

Can we expect the X-Men affiliation to be on Dazzler too?

I'm assuming Dazzler will have all affiliation tags.  All are one with Dazzler.
    (no, I have no idea who Dazzler is from the comics; I literally only know her from update threads in this forum)