Anniversary Sale, Rogue Cover Store Sale, and X-Men Affiliations *Update (9/28/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited September 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

With the 4th anniversary of Marvel Puzzle Quest fast approaching, we're bringing back the annual Anniversary sale, introducing a new Rogue Cover Store sale, as well as giving the X-Men their long-awaited X-Men Affiliation tags!

Anniversary Sale
(Disclaimer: We are aware of some players not being able to see this sale, and the team is currently investigating this issue. Thank you for your patience and understanding.)

The Anniversary Sale is back, and players are once again able to get increased resources when you make any Iso-8 or Hero Points purchase! 

Rogue Cover Store Sale
With the release of Rogue, we wanted to try something new with the way players can obtain her in the Hearts of Darkness store. 

Instead of the usual dedicated store with increased odds, we've decided to apply a discount across the 10x and 40x purchases in the store, reducing it by 500 HP and 4,000 HP, respectively. On top of this, the Daily Deal discount stacks with this special Rogue Cover Store Sale, for an even bigger reduction!
  • 1x Pack: 400 HP (200 Daily Deal)
  • 10x Pack: 4,000 HP -> 3,500 HP (3,300 Daily Deal)
  • 40x Pack: 16,000 HP -> 12,000 HP (11,800 Daily Deal)
X-Men Affiliations
Following tomorrow's next week's daily patch, the following X-Men will receive the X-Men Affiliation tag in their bio:

Update: Unfortunately this affiliation tag will no longer be in tomorrow's daily patch, however it is anticipated to be added in one of next week's patches. In addition, it will also include Iceman and Mystique, as well.
  • Beast (Classic)
  • Colossus (Classic)
  • Cyclops (Classic)
  • Cyclops (Uncanny X-Force)
  • Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!)
  • Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force)
  • Jean Grey (All-New X-Men)
  • Jean Grey (Phoenix)
  • Magneto (Marvel NOW!)
  • Professor X (Charles Xavier)
  • Psylocke (Classic)
  • Storm (Classic)
  • Storm (Modern)
  • Storm (Mohawk)
  • Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)
  • Wolverine (Old Man Logan)
  • Wolverine (Patch)
  • Wolverine (X-Force)
  • X-23 (All-New Wolverine)

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    <snip>

Rogue Cover Store Sale
    With the release of Rogue, we wanted to try something new with the way players can obtain her in the Hearts of Darkness store. 

Instead of the usual dedicated store with increased odds, we've decided to apply a discount across the 10x and 40x purchases in the store, reducing it by 500 HP and 4,000 HP, respectively. On top of this, the Daily Deal discount stacks with this special Rogue Cover Store Sale, for an even bigger reduction!
    • 1x Pack: 400 HP (200 Daily Deal)
    • 10x Pack: 4,000 HP -> 3,500 HP (3,300 Daily Deal)
    • 40x Pack: 16,000 HP -> 12,000 HP (11,800 Daily Deal)
    <more snip>

Would someone good at stats please demonstrate how double-plus ungood this actually is?  My gut feel is that it disadvantages those who don't have a heap of HP or a willingness to buy more HP.

I'll happily admit that I'm wrong if that is not the case.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is Iceman not considered an X-Men? His logo is flashing on the loading screen.

What about Mystique? She's basically an X-Men in the movies
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was wondering about Iceman too.

And yes, she is an X-Man in the movies.  But in the comics (and in the Rocket & Groot event) she's largely identified as a villain.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think we need a Mutant tag as well. Gonna really show my age but the logic for mutants is already there because of the old "Target Lock +20% damage to Mutants" Boost I still have laying around in my inventory. I would then love to see a Sentinel character added that does something extra to Mutants.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    mbaren said:
    I was wondering about Iceman too.

And yes, she is an X-Man in the movies.  But in the comics (and in the Rocket & Groot event) she's largely identified as a villain.
    Still, she's been a member of the X-Men (such as in Mike Carey's run) and X-Factor.  She's a complicated character that quite often has acted for what she feels is the benefit of mutants (or at least her children/adopted children).  I'd say she is no less an X-Men alumnus than Magneto or Emma Frost if she ever joins the MPQ roster.

Speaking of X-Factor, a case could be made for Quicksilver, but they've gone to great lengths at this point to un-mutant SW and QS in the comics, so they'll probabl;y just stick with the Avengers affiliation.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am okay with leaving Mystique off based on the principle of 2* Magneto counting but not 3* Magneto. I mean, Juggernaut was an X-Man for a bit too and not even is a mutant.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The way it reads makes me feel like there should have been a single Rogue cover store that used tokens from both Hearts of Darkness and her PVP combined rather than individual event stores. Isn't it imazing that my dreams haven't been crushed so much that I was able to hope for such a thing?
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby
    I'm confused as well as to why Iceman (All-New X-Men) isn't getting the X-Men affiliation. Maybe just an omission from the posted list?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What about Mystique? She's basically an X-Men in the movies
    Presumably this version of Mystique is the classic "villain" Mystique. As with the two versions of Magneto, one class bad Mags and one new good(ish) Mags.

Although I think it's not a stretch to say "it's complicated" when Mystique's affiliations are involved.

That said, a Mutant Brotherhood affiliation wouldn't be amiss, either.
  • Brigby
    Options
    @ProfessorGumby That's a good question! I'll ask the developers. It's possible it might have just been a simple oversight, and can be quickly corrected, however I'll double check with them and update everyone with their response.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    @Brigby
    I'm confused as well as to why Iceman (All-New X-Men) isn't getting the X-Men affiliation. Maybe just an omission from the posted list?
    There's probably just an overall delay so they can update his artwork too so he won't look like a child molester. Then the X-Men won't be so uncomfortable with the affiliation.
    I second this motion.
  • Brigby
    Options
    Update: Unfortunately this affiliation tag will no longer be in tomorrow's daily patch, however it is anticipated to be added in one of next week's patches. In addition, it will also include Iceman and Mystique, as well.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    juggernaut and clock and dagger were also on X-Men team in the comics at one point.  And Quicksilver was in X-Factor for a while.  
  • Brigby
    edited September 2017
    Options
    TimGunn said:
    juggernaut and clock and dagger were also on X-Men team in the comics at one point.  And Quicksilver was in X-Factor for a while.  
    Juggernaut will definitely be added to the list as well, however we're not too certain about Cloak and Dagger. To my knowledge, they were only on the Dark X-Men team, not the X-Men.

Also, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are considered part of the MCU, so they will not be included in the X-Men Affiliation tag.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Aesth, obviously anyone who thinks through their mpq purchases will take a pass on the deal.  My post was intended to:

(1) critique the shamelessness and foolishness of hyping such an obviously terrible deal; and
    (2) highlight the continued absurdity and borderline predatory design of the odds splash page, which for months has offered a confusing and usless jumble of information at best, and is outright deceptive at worst.  And this after replacing a simple, comprehensive list of relevant data.
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    TimGunn said:
    Juggernaut will definitely be added to the list as well, however we're not too certain about Cloak and Dagger. To my knowledge, they were only on the Dark X-Men team, not the X-Men.

Also, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are considered part of the MCU, so they will not be included in the X-Men Affiliation tag.
    Cloak and Dagger were revealed to be traitors to the Dark X-Men and actually working for Cyclops and the X-Men (along with Emma and Namor) to STOP Osborn. They also appeared frequently in Utopia.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Brigby said: 

Unless, presumably, you also release an x-men universe version of them.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

(2) highlight the continued absurdity and borderline predatory design of the odds splash page, which for months has offered a confusing and usless jumble of information at best, and is outright deceptive at worst.  And this after replacing a simple, comprehensive list of relevant data.

I agree that those odds panels are an absolute mess. Why try to put it all in ratios when you could just give us the information in basic, simple percentages? It reminds me of when every website decided it had to have flash graphics as part of its front-end - they made it prettier, but made it much harder to find the information you're actually there for.