Free gift just for mobile users ...

Comments

• ABaker84
    ABaker84 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    FYI - I am on an Android but had to click on the iOS link to get it to work
    Thanks! The Android link didn't work for me either so I was gonna give up on it, then I read your post. Good looking out!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to say, "Enjoy your Wolverine" was not a sentence I ever would have expected to run across in my life before this ;)
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Hey everyone. Android user here. That link doesn't seem to work but if you click the iOS link it will work on Android.

Edit: apologies, someone posted this already and I missed it.
  • pandrek
    pandrek Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Nice!! Thanks!!
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Got my Patch cover, which gave me an LT from the champ level, which gave me an Antman purple (may just be my next champ).

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,764 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Jarvind said:
    I'm frankly shocked anyone still plays the Steam version. You guys just get boned every which way.

If you know another way to play the same MPQ account on several devices (laptop at home, PC at work, tablet during commute), then I'm all ears. I don't choose to constantly be left in the cold by Steam and game developpers, but rather have to endure it.

Anyway, last time they had a similar thing (free Doc Ock cover through a Facebook post), I just sent an email to CS and I got the cover a few days later. Sent my ticket just now, we'll see what happens this time...

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alfje17 said:
    Jarvind said:
    I'm frankly shocked anyone still plays the Steam version. You guys just get boned every which way.

If you know another way to play the same MPQ account on several devices (laptop at home, PC at work, tablet during commute), then I'm all ears. I don't choose to constantly be left in the cold by Steam and game developpers, but rather have to endure it.
    I just play the game on the same device (my phone) at various different places, including at home, and during breaks at work. I don't have a commute to speak of, but I can play on the bus when I am on one...
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,764 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Alfje17 said:
    Jarvind said:

I just play the game on the same device (my phone) at various different places, including at home, and during breaks at work. I don't have a commute to speak of, but I can play on the bus when I am on one...

There are still workplaces where you're not allowed to use a mobile phone at all, mine is one of them ;)

• Quebbster
    edited September 2017
    Alfje17 said:
    Quebbster said:
    Alfje17 said:
    Jarvind said:

There are still workplaces where you're not allowed to use a mobile phone at all, mine is one of them ;)

Fair enough. Though the question then is if the resources you gain from playing at work exceed the ones you lose for being on Steam?
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Alfje17 said:
    Quebbster said:
    Alfje17 said:
    Jarvind said:

So you're allowed to install Steam, yet can't use a mobile phone? :astonished:
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the Patch cover!
  • Quebbster
    Starfury said:

So you're allowed to install Steam, yet can't use a mobile phone? :astonished:
    Plenty of reasons why that would happen. Could be a controlled environment where you are not allowed to bring in outside elements. Could be there's sensitive equipment that can be disturbed by cell phone transmissions. Or maybe the management just don't want employess looking at their phones while at work.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Alfje17 said:
    Quebbster said:
    Alfje17 said:
    Jarvind said:

If you can't use your mobile phone at work does that mean you can't even bring them to your workplace and store them somewhere? I mean, if you could still bring them there and lock them up you could still play on the commute to and from work. Unless of course you driving which males this discussion moot.

And yea, which job allows you to install Steam on your PC and play games during work hours. Really curious
  • Quebbster
    metallion said:
    If you can't use your mobile phone at work does that mean you can't even bring them to your workplace and store them somewhere? I mean, if you could still bring them there and lock them up you could still play on the commute to and from work. Unless of course you driving which males this discussion moot.

And yea, which job allows you to install Steam on your PC and play games during work hours. Really curious
    There's plenty of lab work where a lot of the work consists of sitting around waiting for tests to finish running. A bit like this: https://xkcd.com/303/.
    One guy at my LGS had a factory job that basically consisted of sitting around, occassionally looking at levers to make sure all parameters were within acceptable parameters.

• DTrain514
    DTrain514 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Well I'll add to the thanks crowd. I got 5cp from the patch cover and could pull a classic legends. Got a mockingbird cover and a bh coulson to get him fully covered and now champed. Thanks for the tip off!
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for the tip!  Android link didn't work for me either,  iOS did.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,190 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    I need some help with this.

I came to the Forum on my Android phone and I clicked on the link. I tried the Android link and it didn't work as many have noted. I clicked on the IOS link and it launched the game but I didn't receive any Patch cover or notification at all (repeated 3-4 times)

Do I have to be logged in here on the Forum before I click the IOS/Android link?

Does it matter that I bypass the Google login and instead am linked via Facebook?

KGB
  • dstann
    dstann Posts: 55 Match Maker
    thanks for letting me know about this freebie
  • White_Deth
    White_Deth Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Cheers op :D 
  • White_Deth
    White_Deth Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Wow tbat wasnt the emote i wanted :smile: