Time to wipe the coalition leaderboards.

Corn_Noodles
Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
With a new development team taking over, I think it's time for a fresh start. We've had the same leaderboard since coalition events started. I think it's time to reset the leaderboard and see some fresh competition for top 10.

Comments

• Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    This is not true at all. Top teams are there because they finish above others more constantly. I look at Top10 teams all the time and variance is very limited. From Top10 all time only 3 maybe less would be out if a new leaderboard is implemented. 

Sure would be changes in placement but not much. 
  • DaddyO
    DaddyO Posts: 51 Match Maker
    My suggestion is to change the negative team names in the spirit of a fresh start for the new development team. Maybe not immediately but at the soonest opportunity. At this point meaningful prizes would awesome. There are a whole herd of weak masterpiece cards that would make awesome prizes without ruining the competitive balance of the game. If D3go made a gesture like giving those exceedingly rare but essentially harmless cards as top prizes it would be a move that would deserve a fresh start. IMHO 

• nexus13
    nexus13 Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Maybe have a view for all time but have the default be since the start of the current block?
  • Dropspot
    Some teams already changed their names but it is not showing due to a bug. It was already reported but was not fixed. 

If you click on the team name you go to the coalition page and there you see their current name. 

@Brigby now it's a good time to fix that bug and have all teams refresh their names to what it was before (if they want).
  • DaddyO
    DaddyO Posts: 51 Match Maker
    O Damn. Did not know that. As a business owner that would be a bug I would want fixed ASAP. Reputation is important. Dropspot said:
    Some teams already changed their names but it is not showing due to a bug. It was already reported but was not fixed. 

If you click on the team name you go to the coalition page and there you see their current name. 

@Brigby now it's a good time to fix that bug and have all teams refresh their names to what it was before (if they want).

• Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    The other problem is that the massive nerf to prizes made 50 crystals a lot more "valuable" so some of us don't have the resources to change it back. 
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    DaddyO said:
    My suggestion is to change the negative team names in the spirit of a fresh start for the new development team.
    I think it's great that you think I should stop being negative. Don't stop believin'
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Dropspot said:

Brigby now it's a good time to fix that bug and have all teams refresh their names to what it was before (if they want).
    Thanks for the heads up, Dropspot. I'll be sure to bring it up with Oktagon.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    It makes sense to have score periodically reset. Some of us have advocated the idea for a while. Since the player base has dwindled, there will be less opposition. Competition and prestige is not as important as it used to be even among top coalitions.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    The other problem is that the massive nerf to prizes made 50 crystals a lot more "valuable" so some of us don't have the resources to change it back. 

OK I'm going to ask if no one else is. Who can't afford a 1 time 50 crystal fee? That's half a week of TG. 
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    I work hard to have enough crystals for the PWs and packs of cards--I need the dupes to convert to runes to level those PWs (and don't try and pretend you don't also struggle with that. I saw your level 16 Elspeth in Samut's event @Ohboy :wink:). Of course, I was (until last week, anyway) just a casual player in a top 100 coalition. Perhaps I'll have an easier time acquiring them in D3NIED (so we are definitely still accepting skilled players in my mega-coalition; my delicate ego much preferred being able to boot players up to better teams for daring to outscore me in my own coalition. Instead I have to feel just barely competent playing alongside some of the best players in the game.)
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Ohboy said:
    I thought the general consensus was not to convert dupes till they finalize the crafting system.

And I actually don't struggle with runes, but that's not because runes aren't hard to come by, but because I used to QB a lot. I do get the struggle for runes. A few friends are struggling now that QB is gone. 

You know what would be great? The walkers leveling up slowly Everytime you play with them. Like mastery. 

I like your idea.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree with Ohboy in that I am not struggling for runes either because I was over 1M in runes thanks to QB before I spent about 80% of them in deck slots. With my alt account however, I started it at the tail end of QB availability, so now I've been leveling pw's as runes come along. It's much slower, but I'm in no rush since anything past level 50 has marginal payoff. Still, it's not that hard to level pw's up to 50. I got Koth up 40 levels with normal participation in a week, and Samut up to 40 in 2.
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    I wouldn't be opposed to a reset of the leader boards. Whilst I am very happy to be on a top ten team, and I feel I'm an asset, I didn't really have anything to do with the journey. I'm just keeping water out of the boat. Some of my teammates did help build it, though. I can respect that they may not agree with me. It might push us, but we're already pushing pretty hard at the moment. I think it would be cool if the all time standings stood and then there were seasonal standings. That seems like a good way to honor the new without insulting the old. I don't know that it matters a whole lot to me, at the end of the day. Whatever keeps me growing works for me. 
  • Dropspot
    I really liked @majincob idea. That would be great to have. Also another great add would be a API  so 3rd party could have access to event scores that way we could create some great stuff outside the game with lots of info and save Devs time building more needed stuff. 
  • Grenade110
    Grenade110 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    I agree with the people saying to keep the all time leaderboard but implement a "seasonal" leaderboard with ranked based rewards at the end of the season. 

I think the seasonal board should span for a block but upon the release of the second set give a reward. Something like (Top 50 get a mythic, top 250 get a rare, and the rest get a pack... all of the new set.) Of course include runes and jewels/crystals at various amounts.

Then at the end of the block give out rewards again and as a new block is starting wipe the seasonal board.