REALLY, IS THIS HOW IT SHOULD BE???!!!

Lucifier
Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
  1. I am at day 154.
  2. purchased 6 stark salary till now.
  3. 2 months (maybe 3) VIP subscription.
  4. I have 49 4* char, missing 8 4* char (including the new one Rogue).
  5. BUT I do not have Cyclpes classic (4*)
  6. so new event (yeah, happy happy happy) (it says great rewards LT, CP, a loooot of iso, and Rogue cover) happy happy happyso I entered the new event and .........OPS.............I am only allowed to play the first 4 nodes.ALL I GET FROM THIS NEW EVENT IS --------->  400 ISOAM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!is this new event designed so a player with shield rank 62 (5 month of playing, with 6 stark salary purchased), who have all 3* char rostered (30 or 31 of them champed), also have 49 4* rostered, and 11 5* rostered, TO BE ABLE ONLY TO PLAY THE FIRST 4 NODEDS, TO BE ABLE ONLY TO GET 400 ISO.????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I think i am missing something? because I can not believe they design new event in such bad bad bad bad way.

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello, all-caps.

I agree it's disappointing, but, c'mon man. It's a completely extra event. You spent a few minutes and got a few hundred ISO that you wouldn't have gotten otherwise. And then you can continue to acquire Rogue covers in exactly the same way as any other new 4* release. It's not like this was the only way to get a Rogue cover.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Deep in the HQ of Demiurge.

How about we finally bring back the Xmen but *evil laugh*  demand players have very specific characters to play in the event and spend a great deal of money!

*Applause from impressed Demiurge underlings*
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor

Hey, that's cool, Seth Meyers plays MPQ.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello, all-caps.

I agree it's disappointing, but, c'mon man. It's a completely extra event. You spent a few minutes and got a few hundred ISO that you wouldn't have gotten otherwise. And then you can continue to acquire Rogue covers in exactly the same way as any other new 4* release. It's not like this was the only way to get a Rogue cover.
    This. Yeah it sucks but I don't understand why people are having meltdowns over this.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017

How about we finally bring back the Xmen but *evil laugh*  demand players have very specific characters to play in the event and spend a great deal of money!

Generally i suspect the  money pressure comes more from d3 than demi.

But while complaints about the fairly steep requrements for this event are fair, c'mon people!  MPQ has been charging 100USD for less iso than it takes to champ a single 3* for more than 3 years. That is a hundred bucks for less than 1/40th of the 3rd rate tier of play!  We cannot now be shocked, SHOCKED, that the game is pressuring us to spend.  It's irritating, and disappointing, and a good targrt for criticism. But it's not surprising.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Lucifier said:
    1. I am at day 154.
    6. so new event (yeah, happy happy happy) (it says great rewards LT, CP, a loooot of iso, and Rogue cover) happy happy happyso I entered the new event and .........OPS.............I am only allowed to play the first 4 nodes.ALL I GET FROM THIS NEW EVENT IS --------->  400 ISOAM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!is this new event designed so a player with shield rank 62 (5 month of playing, with 6 stark salary purchased), who have all 3* char rostered (30 or 31 of them champed), also have 49 4* rostered, and 11 5* rostered, TO BE ABLE ONLY TO PLAY THE FIRST 4 NODEDS, TO BE ABLE ONLY TO GET 400 ISO.????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I think i am missing something? because I can not believe they design new event in such bad bad bad bad way.
    yes you are missing the fact that you've only played this game for 3 months - the rewards aren't that big , you're making a bid deal out of nothing
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx said:

Generally i suspect the  money pressure comes more from d3 than demi.

But while complaints about the fairly steep requrements for this event are fair, c'mon people!  MPQ has been charging 100USD for less iso than it takes to champ a single 3* for more than 3 years. That is a hundred bucks for less than 1/40th of the 3rd rate tier of play!  We cannot now be shocked, SHOCKED, that the game is pressuring us to spend.  It's irritating, and disappointing, and a good targrt for criticism. But it's not surprising.
    True, that is a good way to look at it. Disappointed, but not surprised 
  • Lucifier
    Wonko33 said:
    Lucifier said:
    1. I am at day 154.
    yes you are missing the fact that you've only played this game for 3 months - the rewards aren't that big , you're making a bid deal out of nothing
    5 months not 3, and with 6 stark salary, it count as more than 5 months, anyway i have 48 4* char (another way to look at it).
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, this is how it should be.

I've been playing 10x longer than you and spent more money than you. I don't find it unfair that there are awards available to me that aren't available to you yet.
  • Lucifier
    Hello, all-caps.

i was not looking for Rougue cover (it make no difference to me) but ISO help.

True it is extra event, or maybe not, a month ago or more, was another extra event (maybe it is regular now), but in the previous event we were able to get all nodes rewards and 2 4* covers.

anyway (new events or regular events) it is for all players (or it should be), not all rewards should be for all players.
    but that does not mean a new events for some player should get less than 1% of the rewards.
  • PFellah
    PFellah Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    I kind of agree with the original poster. I have the full 4* roster but they're not high-level enough to do the final mission that nets the Rogue cover. (You need Wolvie, 4Clops, and ProfX... AND they have to be 209 or higher. I have those three in the 120-140 range, I have OTHER 209s, but not both.)

I mean, yeah, I'll probably have Rogue this time next week -- maybe sooner if I decide to spend some of my HPs on extra chances -- but my initial enthusiasm that they added the character which was my first choice in the poll kinda got kicked in the jimmies just a little bit by having her be put out of reach by something so seemingly arbitrary.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lucifier said:
    Wonko33 said:
    Lucifier said:
    1. I am at day 154.
    5 months not 3, and with 6 stark salary, it count as more than 5 months, anyway i have 48 4* char (another way to look at it).
    6 starks + VIP in 3 months is a respectable amount of whaling.  But it just isnt that much when it comes to MPQ whales.  There are players that spend that much every week.
  • Wonko33
    Lucifier said:
    Wonko33 said:
    Lucifier said:
    1. I am at day 154.
    congrats, I've played for 1323 days I am afraid to count how much I have spent, I might get to the 3rd node at the bottom, this isn't little league baseball, we don't all get a trophy
  • Lucifier
    Jarvind said:
    Dude, I can't even be nice about this. If you want people to read your posts:

- Learn what paragraphs are
    - Don't fall asleep on the punctuation keys
    - Lay off the caps
    nice comment, I liked it, but would you please explain the first point to me "Learn what paragraphs are"
    as English is not my language, I did not understand it, what do you mean, what should i change when i make new posts?
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    @Lucifier - You have posted nearly the same thing in at least 3 different threads now.
    The answer to your question, is: Yes. This is how it is supposed to be.
    Are the new 1* and 2* players pissed they can't enter SCL9 and get all those sweet rewards? no, they know they have to put in time and effort to build their roster before they qualify for all the rewards.
  • Lucifier
    Vhailorx said:
    Lucifier said:
    Wonko33 said:
    Lucifier said:
    1. I am at day 154.
    6 starks + VIP in 3 months is a respectable amount of whaling.  But it just isnt that much when it comes to MPQ whales.  There are players that spend that much every week.
    I am not claiming to be a whale or something, all my point is:
    new event for a player that have 48/56 4* rostered can only get 400 iso (or less than 1%) of the new event rewards.
    I can not put it in any better words.
  • Wonko33
    I don't want to guess the intents of the company here but this is an anniversary celebration. MAybe they wanted to do something special for people who have played for years, not months. All of us that have played for 2-3 years have Cyclops - Xforce and ProfX
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    I think the only big issue with this event is that it launched before the Rogue and Friends Vault. Whenever there is a required character they have done a good job of at least creating the illusion that the character can be obtained. Until the Rogue and Friends Vault appears that just is not the case for Cyclops, Wolverine, and Charles. The odds of opening one, let alone all three, of them right now is nonexistent. It should have launched with the Rogue and Friends Vault and IMO the vault should feature 4 4*s (one of each) rather than 3 (1 Rogue and 2 random of the 3).
This discussion has been closed.