Shield training

2»

Comments

• Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Start at the top and work your way down.  If you play through the 3 rows of 5 nodes (requires having highly-leveled XFW, Cyke, and PX), the bottom right node awards a random Rogue cover.
  • sinburn
    sinburn Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    What this company does to its players is pretty **** disgusting.  Over 3k hours put in this game, only to get slapped in the face by an event that a large portion of the player base would never be able to complete.   
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep in mind that anyone dumping tons of iso into the required characters still need to have the 270k in reserve just to level Rogue (if you get lucky enough to get all 13 covers) to complete the mini-event.

And there's no hoard to cash in here.  These are special event tokens.  Unless you keep a ton of unclaimed HoD tokens hanging around.  The only whaling is if you happen to get covers for all three colors and then spend way too much CP to finish.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I found it to be a very fun and yes, difficult, event so far. I loved every node except the Rogue one on one fight. An earlier poster said he basically needed to win by using teamups. I was the same way. I also didn't mind the required Cyke/XFW/Prof. X teams. I do agree that it would probably be better if any X-Men related characters could be used. I can see how it's rough for players that haven't or couldn't level those three. Something to remember though, is this is meant to be an EASIER way to get Rouge, and not a giveaway. Not to be callous or mean, but not everyone is going to win. 
  • dchockeyguy
    dchockeyguy Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    I, too, want to offer my displeasure over the requirements to get the one Rogue cover.  I've been playing quite a long time as well, and I've never been fortunate enough to get Prof X covers much.  I have 4 in the years I've been playing.  when was the last time he was featured in an event anyway to allow us to get more covers for him?  Seems like he's way overdue compared to having Riri AGAIN
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have a Champed Cyclops and fully covered Wolverine and Professor X. Leveled them both to 210 (I sold two 2* but its ok, I'll get them back)

Beat the node and got Rogue! The cover is Red. Would've preferred Green but I'm happy either way. At least it wasn't Yellow.
  • Majordurr
    Majordurr Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    It's really clever what they did.  I know a popular strategy was for Prof X to be softcapped, for the charlies angels winfinite team build.  By forcing your Prof X to lvl 209 for the Rogue cover, you pretty much destroy the key ingredient for why the build works. This is where you decide if you want to maintain that build, or to grab that Rogue cover.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Start at the top and work your way down.  If you play through the 3 rows of 5 nodes (requires having highly-leveled XFW, Cyke, and PX), the bottom right node awards a random Rogue cover.
    Thanks all I saw were locked nodes. lol
  • ShanePHallam
    ShanePHallam Posts: 94 Match Maker
    I can see both sides.  It does kind of suck, especially with it being so difficult to get Cyc & X now, but it is a bonus event at least.  Everyone else will still qualify in the PVE per usual, and I'm sure there will be more opportunities after that.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    MaskedMan said:
    How did you even get one Rogue cover?  I can't even get into the first node.   HoD won't be giving them out for a while unless you buy a hundred packs looking for a specific character

The first node in the event is a loaner. If you cannot afford a Rogue cover, one will be provided for you.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    moogles85 said:
    I have a 301 Cyclops and a 270 PX. I didn't need to waste ISO levelling up my XF Wolverine to 209 in order to have a chance - I demolished the team with cyclops alone.

Like OP, it's even worse for everyone else who hasn't been playing a long time and doesn't even have the necessary heroes due to vaulting.

Also, after you beat Storm, you are required to have a lvl 78+ Rogue to fight Magneto. I'm sure I could match damage him to death if I wanted to!

That's a huge... collection of health packs you have there.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    as a free player I really enjoy the free iso and tokens.

it also encourages me to stay a free player. 
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Bowgentle said:
    @Brigby

Would you please reach out to the developers and inquire WHY the level is 209 for all the required characters at CALL FOR BACKUP 3???

You are alienating all newer to moderate players, as they will not be able to try to win a random Rogue cover. In addition, the MISSION grinds to a halt right there because we cannot go any further.
    209 is required because they're not boosted.
    It's a challenging fight even with champed 4s, Marvel at 200 is no pushover.
    First, oh dang, it’s ol’ man Bowgentle on the forums.

Second, I have been gone from the game over a year.  Gave you another try today.  I was having a blast.  Played over 3-4 hours.  In shield training, needed level 209 cyclops.  You almost had me fooled.  Thought you had actually finally learned to listen to your playerbase and stop trolling them. Glad I found out now before I got even more invested.

For some reason, y’all always worry about everything except players having fun and enjoying themselves.  You always seem to have the tunnel vision of a developers mindset, instead of occasionally trying to see things from a player’s perspective.  And I’m case you think I’m wrong, you should read the players feedback, they’re telling you what isn’t fun.  

Im not saying give the farm away, but if ppl get a single new cover, their teams won’t be op, but you know what will happen, they’ll have to spend 1000 hp for a box space.  I’m guessing some will have to spend money for that.  Oh wait, that’s a win-win for players and developers, obviously that’s no good(sarcasm).

TL;DR: The game being fun and less trolling is good for  players and mpq.

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I forgot I even had XFW champed because that's how useless he is, even boosted. I think it's time they rebalance Wolv and Fury! 
  • Codetry
    Codetry Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2017
    The level cap on event makes no sense at all. Let me decide if i can win at a battle.

Second if you require certain toons at certain level give us a chance to get those few books from vaults. You might want to Up the chance rate to get thoses last covers? 

Overall i been playing for more than a year and i yet to have all proffesor x books. Just been unluckly. 

Really disapointed in this. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Since this appears to be general feedback, please continue using the Official Announcement thread, so that all feedback can be in a centralized location. Thank you*
This discussion has been closed.