Shield training

dave7099
dave7099 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
Couldn't you have at least made the level restricted  required team nodes any 4* X-Men?  Come on man.

Comments

• Farmerbink
    Farmerbink Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Massive letdown. 

I was seriously looking forward to seeing Rogue in action (requested her for all of the most recent polls), and I simply have no opportunity to even attempt the necessary missions because I don't have Prof X and Cyclops high enough.

Huge disappointment.  
  • MidniteRider
    MidniteRider Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2017
    Massive letdown. 

I was seriously looking forward to seeing Rogue in action (requested her for all of the most recent polls), and I simply have no opportunity to even attempt the necessary missions because I don't have Prof X and Cyclops high enough.

Huge disappointment.  
    Agree 100%!!!

I was SUPER excited that I might be able to grab a Rogue cover "early" and continue the MISSION, but my Professor X sits at a 4/1/1 -- the highest I can level him is 135. 

The vaulting put a serious damper on all the classic characters, so how was I to obtain covers. I have been playing this game close to 1.5 years, and played hard to obtain 21+ champed 4 ⭐️ characters.  So it appears that all "newer" players and those who are not veterans will suffer. I do not have, nor would I use them if I had, the command points to outright "buy" Professor X covers. At 120 points for (1) cover that is insane.

Saw all the excitement yesterday with the news, and I too got excited. However, I should have known better, for it was too good to be true!!! I better prepare myself for more disappointment upcoming with other characters, as who knows what they will do with them!!!
  • Farmerbink
    Farmerbink Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Right? There are teasers that Nightcrawer and Gambit are in the pipeline. If this is how they get released, I'm real hard-pressed to find a care face. 
  • MidniteRider
    MidniteRider Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    @Brigby

Would you please reach out to the developers and inquire WHY the level is 209 for all the required characters at CALL FOR BACKUP 3???

You are alienating all newer to moderate players, as they will not be able to try to win a random Rogue cover. In addition, the MISSION grinds to a halt right there because we cannot go any further.
  • SirHuggyBear
    SirHuggyBear Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    One yellow Rogue cover is a pretty useless cover/power to have for a one-on-one fight.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby

Would you please reach out to the developers and inquire WHY the level is 209 for all the required characters at CALL FOR BACKUP 3???

You are alienating all newer to moderate players, as they will not be able to try to win a random Rogue cover. In addition, the MISSION grinds to a halt right there because we cannot go any further.

On top of that, while it's great that we get an event that gives an extra cover for a new 4*, but at least keep with what you've done before and let everyone have one with no restrictions outside of finishing the mini-event. Coulson, Rocket and Groot, Gamora, Chulk, all of these characters had mini events that rewarded a cover and none of them required a vaulted 4* at level 209 to do it.

@Brigby if you could talk to the team and encourage them to be a little more generous with this stuff, it would really create a lot of goodwill and encourage people to spend more. Happy customers are paying customers, after all. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    One yellow Rogue cover is a pretty useless cover/power to have for a one-on-one fight.
    That's the one I got as well.  
  • SirHuggyBear
    SirHuggyBear Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    broll said:

Relying only on match damage from your one-cover character is just the best.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Same here. Fortunately teamups are allowed, so just collecting teamup AP let me flatten Storm easily. I hope I'll have more green and red covers when I go for the next node...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby

209 is required because they're not boosted.
    It's a challenging fight even with champed 4s, Marvel at 200 is no pushover.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby

Shield Training is neat new event, but why is it locked out to needing to have only Cyclops/Prof X/ Xforce wolv? Most people wont even get to experience the whole event. Not only are those vintage characters ( not easy to get), but i would assume most players don't have them. I agree with the top statement that wouldn't it made more sense to include all the Xmen or at least allow you to do most of the nodes without having Prof X/ Cyclops or Xforce wolv?

Why couldn't there be nodes progression that allowed you to use any Xmen to earn a prof x/ wolv or cyclops cover?

That way you get to experience the event in it's entirety and get to earn some Xmen covers before the Xmen event.

When the Coulson/AwesomeHulk and Rocket and groot events, you could complete them without having a designated character and still earn a cover for the new 4 star.

This i think is preventing the event from being amazing, to just being a bit of a let down.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    broll said:
    Same here. Fortunately teamups are allowed, so just collecting teamup AP let me flatten Storm easily. I hope I'll have more green and red covers when I go for the next node...
    Yeah I one mine first try but did use a weak team-up for assistance
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I was lucky enough to have everyone champed except XFW, but I only had him at Lv 120 and was forced to dump about 170K Iso to get him up to snuff. My current focus is on Vulture and Mockingbird, so being forced to dump so much iso somewhere else out of nowhere really threw a wrench in my plans to get them BOTH before covers expire. 

The cover I got was green though, so I definitely can't complain given how difficult it usually is to obtain the first cover ability of a new character. Looks like Rogue's PVP is set to fall after Shield Training is over, so you're really gonna have to tough out those Rogue essential nodes with 6 covers or less regardless. 
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    I have a 301 Cyclops and a 270 PX. I didn't need to waste ISO levelling up my XF Wolverine to 209 in order to have a chance - I demolished the team with cyclops alone.

Like OP, it's even worse for everyone else who hasn't been playing a long time and doesn't even have the necessary heroes due to vaulting.

Also, after you beat Storm, you are required to have a lvl 78+ Rogue to fight Magneto. I'm sure I could match damage him to death if I wanted to!

• Thorstienn
    Thorstienn Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    So disappointing. Made it to the last node, had no idea there were lvl requirements, my cyc is at 188, so that ends that.
    Read up on it now, and requires a lvl 251 rogue to finish the whole thing, so I guess super whales or hoarders or something will be the only ones completing this.
     Disgusting!
    And to think they keep bugging me for a rating for the game!
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Yea, mine are all champed so i didn't notice the level cap. I thought shield training was a sign of the devs newly found willingness to give out 4* covers a little more often, e.g. system reboot. But I guess I can't be too upset that a new release is hard to get.

I was waiting for Rogue to heal to fight Magneto and didn't realize I couldn't. I wouldn't expect to beat a 230 Phoenix with a 70 rogue, but with team ups it might be possible. Hate that I can't even try.
  • GreenMachine
    GreenMachine Posts: 52 Match Maker
    I don't know if this has ever been proposed before, but maybe MPQ could consider letting us play the pins but with an empty character slot if we don't have the required characters. Compromise?
  • dave7099
    dave7099 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Px and xfw are each bottom tier 4*s anyway, required high level worthless characters is just mean.  Rework them (cough xfw cough) and this prob isn't an issue
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Obvously the 13 cover Rogue is crazy.  However, i just thought, ok, that's a reward i can't get.  Just like I'm not finishing first in any pvp.  That's ok.  No one is owed anything. Instead of gating the Rogue nodes by covers, they could have just done it with opponents.  No one is beating phoenix with a 2 cover rogue.  It would be interesting to watch people try.  Encouraging people to level Chuck up to 209 seems like they are deliberately breaking up Charlie's Angels.  My max covered Chuck is at 120 for that specific reason.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    broll said:
    How did you even get one Rogue cover?  I can't even get into the first node.   HoD won't be giving them out for a while unless you buy a hundred packs looking for a specific character.
This discussion has been closed.