MPQ at Marvel.com: Rogue (Classic) (9/27/17)

Comments

• Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Cool. 

Q1:  why does it say "in the chosen color" so much in the Gloves Off power description?  It's just Green right?  Why not just say Green?

Q2:  Also, maybe i'm dense, but how does she work well with charged tile creators?  If the charged tile is green and you're getting double ap then that's cool, but several of those mentioned don't make green charged tiles.  What am I missing?
    It probably chooses an opponents color.  Since she doesn't typically have total control of her powers, it will probably be chosen at random

She does double damage for those matches while the power is out, so double the damage of charged tiles will be close to 5* level match damage
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Rogue and Nightcrawler? Sweet!

@Brigby Now that the X-Men are back, please let the devs know some of us legitimately want Dazzler in the game. I'd seriously love a classic disco Dazzler!
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Best news all year! I guess I won't have to say Rogue and Gambit anymore in surveys. Hopefully we get Cable, Bishop, Sabretooth and Mr.Sinister soon as well. 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is all extremely exciting news, and I'm very eager to learn what "S.H.I.E.L.D. Training" is.

'Hearts of Darkness' is one of the few PvE events I always play through as it isn't stingy with tokens, so that's good news too.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    STOPTHIS said:

@Brigby Now that the X-Men are back, please let the devs know some of us legitimately want Dazzler in the game. I'd seriously love a classic disco Dazzler!
    you can have your Dazzler after I have my Shadowcat.

we need to get Shadowcat to set up Lockheed.
    and we need to get Lockheed to set up a petvengers @_@
  • ABaker84
    ABaker84 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Dunna da DUUUUH DUH DUH ... Dunna da DUUUUH DUH DUH (X-Men animated series theme) I think I play it on loop during her required node of WW. This is awesome. Interesting she destroys tiles, always thought that would be a great Gambit power. Maybe they both will, and have some great board destroying synergy!

This is so awesome! Agree with everyone else that DocOc as the required 5* is lame, but completely overshadowed by how awesome these 3 characters will be!
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    zulux21 said:
    STOPTHIS said:

Personally, I'd swap out Gambit for Kitty, as Gambit is the worst and Kitty is the best. But if the X-Men are back properly, I have to imagine Kitty is on the short list for who makes the cut. Whereas I know some people suggest Dazzler ironically, but I quite enjoy that disco mutie.
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Cool. 

Q1:  why does it say "in the chosen color" so much in the Gloves Off power description?  It's just Green right?  Why not just say Green?

Q2:  Also, maybe i'm dense, but how does she work well with charged tile creators?  If the charged tile is green and you're getting double ap then that's cool, but several of those mentioned don't make green charged tiles.  What am I missing?
    I had the same questions.
  • dylflon
    dylflon Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Rogue, Gambit AND Nightcrawler (the character I've wanted most since always)!?

I'm so happy :)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Killians8 said:
    Cool. 

Or you could choose a tile when you fire the power (ala Trick or Treat, Perfect Being, etc...) and it affects matches and AP of the chosen tile's color.

Also, that new gauntlet mode or whatever is clearly called the Danger Room. I think that's a legal requirement at this point.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Killians8 said:
    Cool. 

It's a pretty terrible writeup. 

After re-reading it I'm guessing that when you use the power for 5 green ap you get to choose a color and that it will apply to that color until you hit the 14ap threshold.  They just left out the most important part, that you get to choose the color (or that the game chooses for you, which would not be as good).

This would be great against chars with one strong offensive power and 2 support abilities.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, here we go. From the character write-up in the details thread. It's the strongest color of the target (when she fires the power). So you get to choose between up to 3 colors, depending on your targets.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    That cover choice. That can't be a coincidense.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    All I can say is:

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Oh god, I need so much HP. Thank you devs.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh god, I need so much HP. Thank you devs.
    I have a vault full of hp that Scrooge McDuck would be jealous of. Trade you for some iso.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Art is soso 

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    zulux21 said:
    STOPTHIS said:

Agreed, the next highest priority X-Men character is Kitty Pryde. I guess she would be a support character? Her phasing could be used to dodge attacks or reduce damage, with a potential for dodging or reducing team damage when the right conditions are met. Her damage should be based on being able to disrupt electronics when phasing through them — maybe she randomly generates team-up tiles while also destroying a set amount after they've been matched, also causing cascades? Or perhaps it's not specific to team-up tiles, but a select color of your choice, or maybe just the most present color. I'd accept a Lockheed assist as a power, similar to Redwing.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    zulux21 said:
    STOPTHIS said:

Agreed, the next highest priority X-Men character is Kitty Pryde. I guess she would be a support character? Her phasing could be used to dodge attacks or reduce damage, with a potential for dodging or reducing team damage when the right conditions are met. Her damage should be based on being able to disrupt electronics when phasing through them — maybe she randomly generates team-up tiles while also destroying a set amount after they've been matched, also causing cascades? Or perhaps it's not specific to team-up tiles, but a select color of your choice, or maybe just the most present color. I'd accept a Lockheed assist as a power, similar to Redwing.
    That's roughly how I wrote up her powers in the Conception section, though Lockheed was an attack (red?) with fire, leaving attack tiles. And messing with enemy AP pools was a passive whenever Shadowcat is invisible. Then she was able to phase an enemy into terrain, stunning and damaging them.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Cool. 

It probably chooses an opponents color.  Since she doesn't typically have total control of her powers, it will probably be chosen at random

She does double damage for those matches while the power is out, so double the damage of charged tiles will be close to 5* level match damage
    I think it will be the target's strong color, definitely not only green. I pressume you chose a target (like Black Panther's black) and you get that target's strong color. At least this is what I hope. Being random color is bad for strategic reasons.