Thank you for bringing back the X-Men

D4Ni13
D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
An X-Men anniversary event is just perfect (for me), because I am a huge fan, and I believe out of all the cool characters Marvel has to offer, they are the most important & beloved group. 

This news is huge, because no matter who we get now, the door is open for future releases. (Cable with Deadpool 2 for example - even though I am not a fan of him and I would rather see other iconic heroes before him, like Gambit, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Jubilee, Angel, Mr Sinister, Apocalypse, and so on). But the idea is that with this change of events we are more likely to see more X-Men in the future, which is great (no offense Inhumans). 

So again, BIG THANK YOU for this!

PS. I sure hope we will get the X-Men affiliation soon, even if its presence won't have any effect in the game just yet. 

Comments

• Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    i'm still not optimistic, as I'm a believer in the conspiracy theory that says Marvel is choking all characters not belonging to MCU. And a big part of that is the X Men.
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Hopefully more of the classic xmen and a colossus and psylocke rework.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 said:
    This news is huge, because no matter who we get now, the door is open for future releases. (Cable with Deadpool 2 for example - even though I am not a fan of him and I would rather see other iconic heroes before him, like Gambit, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Jubilee, Angel, Mr Sinister, Apocalypse, and so on). But the idea is that with this change of events we are more likely to see more X-Men in the future, which is great (no offense Inhumans). 
    I would definitely like to see major properties get a regular number of entries per year. Like, 1-2 people every 6-12 months. Instead we get runs of a single franchise. Iceman, Old Man Logan, Cyclops, X-23, Phoenix, with Red Hulk the only non-X character in that run, and NO X-Men since Nov 2015. Miles, Eddie, Back in Black Spidey, Spider-Gwen, Goblin (with Nova in the middle like RHulk), 9 months till Agent Venom, then another 7 before Doc, Sandman, Vulture, Spidey. Both are popular enough to include a lot of characters in the game (you could lay the foundation of an MPQ game with JUST characters from either group), but it'd be nice if we could space them out so people who aren't fans aren't overwhelmed by one franchise, and people who are fans don't have to go a long amount of time without anything new.

i'm still not optimistic, as I'm a believer in the conspiracy theory that says Marvel is choking all characters not belonging to MCU. And a big part of that is the X Men.
    You can look at the characters we have and see that simply isn't true. Even more so if you start looking at other Marvel games. They're definitely pushing the MCU, but that doesn't automatically correlate to a non-MCU ban.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,763 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just happy that we might get even more new characters in this game: especially hoping for a Rogue who can take over another character's powers or Nightcrawler teleporting around!
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    Yes, when I saw the new loading screen I didn't believe at first! Even the loading icons were updated!! So the looong "mutant winter" is coming to an end?!? That's extraordinary!!!

Sorry, but when my favorite group is neglected for almost 2 years, I don't care a thing about Inhumans, Defenders, Spider guys... Now, if we are going to start see mutants again from time to time, thank you very much, and I'm really optimistic about it  :)
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    I was surprised too to see some attention to the X-Men on the loading screen this morning. Super happy about it as well. Hopefully it means something good.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I'm cautiously optimistic. We'll see if this is a one off, or if its a sign of more to come. I think I'd be disappointed to see only one Mutant and then back to the Inhumans/GoTG/MCU agenda.
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Alfje17 said:
    Just happy that we might get even more new characters in this game: especially hoping for a Rogue who can take over another character's powers or Nightcrawler teleporting around!
    I'm most hopeful we get a Warren Worthington. Have him alternate like 5* Banner between Angel and Archangel. Angel can be a true healer and produce protect tiles. Archangel can have a nuke power and produce strike tiles. One half defence other half attack.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Am I the only one that heard the theme song for the X-men cartoon in the back of their mind? 

the Japanese theme song version is also something worthy to behold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rSw4Xl5qfs

• Tahroo
    Tahroo Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Not really a conspiracy theory when it is a proven fact. The game Marvel Heroes admitted as much. They shoved out X-Men and Fantastic Four as fast as they could because Marvel wanted them to stop being promoted back in 2014. Even MPQ put out Mr. Fantastic, Thing and a 2* Torch within a few weeks of each other, guessing they got the same treatment by Marvel. Then recently MH had to remove the Fantastic Four from their store per Marvel's orders. Check every other Marvel game; outside of Wolverine, Deadpool, Dr. Doom and Magneto (big names amongst fans).. no FOX owned characters. Lego Marvel 2 has 2 X-Men, no Fantastic Four. Marvel vs Capcom has no XM or FF.

While I don't like the terrible movies that FOX puts out, the way Marvel acts towards this situation is childish. If not for FOX buying these cinematic rights, Marvel would have gone under and we wouldn't even be talking about a mobile game of their IP.  
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    The X-Men embargo is at least being somewhat eased, though. Marvel Future Fight has added Wolverine, Magneto, Cyclops, Beast, Rogue, Storm, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Cable, and very soon Apocalypse, all within the last .. 3-4 months? Something like that. And QS & SW are very much in their classic, mutant outfits, not their MCU 'enhanced' costumes.

Fantastic Four is a different story. I don't think anyone in Marvel cares about them at all. Their books have ranged from mediocre to just plain garbage for a very long time, 15, 20 years; absent any compelling writing, no fans come on board; absent a fanbase, Marvel feels no need to push them. Add FOX movie rights and stir. Total Marvel apathy.
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Me thinks something is up.   MPQ, Future Fight, and Marvel Heroes Omega are all simultaneously adding X-Men characters/events all focused around Apocalypse.  Hmmmmm
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Seems very optimistic to me. All I see is 1*storm, 2*wolvie and 3*collosus. The loading icons look like the same symbols for the X-men we have. Nothing makes me think NEW X-men.
    That's not to say they won't do some kind of X boss event. After all, besides repeats, what else is there?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe now we can finally get Dazzler.

OMG Dazzler will be this year's anniversary character, I can feel it!
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tahroo said:

While I don't like the terrible movies that FOX puts out, the way Marvel acts towards this situation is childish. If not for FOX buying these cinematic rights, Marvel would have gone under and we wouldn't even be talking about a mobile game of their IP.  
    Just for the record, it's not Marvel, it's Disney. In modern times, Disney is essentially a company that creates very little that's new, they just acquire successful IP and milk it as expertly and thoroughly as they can. Everything is interconnected, everything is promoted across all channels. Marvel was one of these acquisitions. The comics promote the movies which promote the merchandise, etc. Disney does not want to sink any resources into promoting IP that they cannot profit from completely. It's a business decision. Past that, I'm sure there is some hope that they can weaken the properties enough that they can regain control.

And the comics themselves are one of their least profitable channels. While the characters they don't have movie rights to still exist in the comics, they have crippled them. The ongoing Fantastic Four comic was cancelled, they killed Wolverine, etc. I assure you that Marvel was not looking to do these things, it was on Disney's command. 

I'm certain the only reason we're getting this now is because of 'The Gifted.' I don't know the specifics of that deal, but it was produced by 20th Century Fox Television in association with Marvel Television — which means that Disney has a stake in this one. The show is strictly not connected to the ongoing X-Men film universe, which means Marvel/Disney can cross-promote and have it be worth their while without also promoting films they get no cut of.

• heybub
    heybub Posts: 290 Mover and Shaker
    Do we have confirmation that they are adding an X-Men/Man/Woman/Person?  The new intro is great, but maybe it just means some new X-Men event and not a new character.

I would think there will be a new X-Men character, but even so, it does not necessarily mean the Mutant flood gate has been opened. 

It also might be a character nobody likes, like Forge or Beak, or that X-Men whose mutant power is that people forget him (can't remember his name...). 
  • D4Ni13
    Am I the only one that heard the theme song for the X-men cartoon in the back of their mind? 

the Japanese theme song version is also something worthy to behold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rSw4Xl5qfs

Nope, you're not the only one :smiley:
  • D4Ni13
    The X-Men embargo is at least being somewhat eased, though. Marvel Future Fight has added Wolverine, Magneto, Cyclops, Beast, Rogue, Storm, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Cable, and very soon Apocalypse, all within the last .. 3-4 months? Something like that. And QS & SW are very much in their classic, mutant outfits, not their MCU 'enhanced' costumes.

They also released Gambit :)
  • vinniebabe22
    vinniebabe22 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Cthulhu said:
    Going to have one hell of anniversary!
    Ooooh is that a subtle hint? Hell / Hela... Mebbe Dani Moonstar, or Magik?

Very excited