Please take another look at Anniversary events....Please

Colognoisseur
Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
One of the very best times in the four years I have been playing was the First Anniversary. It was as close to a perfect event as it could've been.
The Second and Third have not even come close for one main reason the developers at Demiurge have failed at final QC before releasing the centerpiece event.
Second Anniversary contained the "you're supposed to lose" Galactus Boss Event
Third Anniversary contained the unmitigated disaster of "you're supposed to lose and we don't even really want you to play" Boss Rush.
Based on the new splash screen I am guessing some X-Men themed event is on the horizon.
Please, please, please make sure you test this at all skill levels so you don't continue your losing streak with Anniversary events.

Also you forgot to turn on the double-iso switch for Second Anniversary. I know its covered in cobwebs and dust because you never use it so remind yourself where it is so you won't forget.

I would really like this to be more like the First Anniversary than the last two one extra pass at QC would probably help that happen.

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Given the history you laid out, banking on incredibly hard Boss event now :(
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    When are the anniversary events meant to start? I know it must be close now.  
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Daiches said:
    That's where my money is also.

Also you realize if they did do something you didn't like, you realize you're weeks if not months to late to get them to change what they're realizing right?  Stuff has to be 90% done by now.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    I'm cautiously optimistic. Thanos and sinister 6, whilst maybe a tad too easy, were both really fun events.

Crash of the mad titan, was amazeballs as well. I am hoping for an x-men themed crash. Maybe with a "cosmic" style vault? Old man Logan, phoenix and I presume a new x-men 5*?

They can deliver, and I am hoping they do.

On a sad note, my store was selling Starks for £77.99 when the cosmic store opened I noticed it went up to £99.99. I usually buy during the anniversary, 3 Starks last year. At that price I am not feeling it this year!

I also am looking forward to double iso. Maybe some improved lightning rounds? Special gauntlet anniversary event. No pressure peeps
  • Colognoisseur
    Daiches said:
    If they stick to their trendline this will be: "If there is at least one red, or green, or blue, or black, or yellow, or purple tile on the board Boss destroys the board doing damage for each tile destroyed to entire enemy team"

When asked afterward they will say, "players like making only one match before losing; our data bears this out"
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Let's not forget to dust off the HP Sale switch as well .... ;)
  • Colognoisseur
    gmp72 said:
    They seem to know where that one is. They turn it on more often than the poor double-iso switch. They'll probably kill a family of spiders locating that one.
  • AngryGerman
    AngryGerman Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    They seem to know where that one is. They turn it on more often than the poor double-iso switch. They'll probably kill a family of spiders locating that one.
    *Many families of spiders. They have to figure out which family it's under first. 
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    When are the anniversary events meant to start? I know it must be close now.  
    Given this mini-season ends Sunday, looks good for Anniversary season to Start Oct 5th.  (game Anniversary itself is Oct 3rd)
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    gmp72 said:
    Ow.  I'm dead now
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,389 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    @Gowaderacer

Bojack / Mr Peanut Butter duo incoming!

edit:  I suspected the parent comment would get removed (hence the tag, not the quote), which is why my comment no longer makes sense.  I'll just say that it was funny, and it references pop culture, and everyone would have loved it.  
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    This will be my first anniversary and I really do not want some stupid hard boss event. Aren't anniversaries something to be celebrated?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    This will be my first anniversary and I really do not want some stupid hard boss event. Aren't anniversaries something to be celebrated?
    Well, they do let the dinosaur out to play... that's always fun.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Dino needs a strong buff please
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    I truly believe this might be a make or break for some players.  I know last year there were a few vets that walked away due to how bad this was and was handled by D3. I really hope they get this right. 
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Let Bag-Man be the boss for all of the events and all the rewards being covers only for him in various quantities.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    My prediction 
    You will take (lots of) damage
    No one will finish in the first 24 hours
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    First anniversary was by far the best. There were 20 person PvPs with awesome rewards. The rest have been meh. Double iso is always appreciated. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    chaos01 said:
    First anniversary was by far the best. There were 20 person PvPs with awesome rewards. The rest have been meh. Double iso is always appreciated. 
    Back then, the double iso even applied to the "first clear" bonus that PVE used to have.  The first anniversary happened in my second or third week of playing real PVE events, so I was really disappointed when I realized that the double iso/special LRs/etc wasn't a once-a-month occurrence.

Well, they do let the dinosaur out to play... that's always fun.
    Last anniversary, my boosted, champed Devil Dino was just strong enough that his red would one-shot all the (pre-nerf) OMLs I saw at my MMR at the time.  Even with the other frustrations in the anniversary, that alone made it better than the usual PVP weeks...
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    People seem to forget that 20 man bracket lightning rounds were actually to apologise for another mistake. I think it was due to awarding the wrong tokens in anniversary events