What Clearance Level did you choose for Unstable ISO-8?

veny
veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
edited September 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey, as some of you know, i made a poll about SCL 9 and Venom Bomb event here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/67754/scl-8-versus-9/p1

Now we have Unstable ISO-8 event and i would like to make similar test again:

Vote what Clearance Level did you chose for this event and keep in mind that poll options are now more complex (to reflect potential opinion shift, since Venom Bomb was a testing round for all of us).

Thanks for participating :-)

What Clearance Level did you choose for Unstable ISO-8? 143 votes

I chose SCL 9 like in Venom Bomb
30%
DemoliraKolenceQuebbsterColognoisseurMaceo511xKOBALTxFaustianDealMrBowersfmftintchaos01Stax the FoyerDaichesNepentherdvargas1rainkingucdPolarPopBearOver__FlowCyberVenom2001AlexxKatsPollozz 44 votes
I chose SCL 9 FOR THE FIRST TIME
7%
StarfuryDeNappaSpudgutterKevin61MoosePrimeRichyyy[Deleted User]krak0METT-T dependentbowla33X_T 11 votes
I chose SCL 8 or less like in Venom Bomb
39%
SpoitDragon_NexusPorkBellyGigerHRkillercoolslaxer723Moon RoachProfessorGumbyNajboljiMarkotGrizz875jordanixnicnick2000ZootSaxDoc LNick441234DFiPLWarbringareapermortTony_Foot 57 votes
I chose SCL 8 or less AFTER THE EXPERIENCE with Venom Bomb
21%
xavierixeqzulux21Juhlznotamutantd1amonddawgleeleeshinefrachrswordfishdataLewsTherin0Chipster22CT1888Lytes420ArphaxadHyposphere6234DMiKgD4Ni13RazamatazVomit FountainBloody_MarvelSNKAllen 31 votes

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going to stick with 9 even though the 5* node is too difficult for me to beat 7 times. I think the rewards are still good enough that I can hit t100 and be fine. 
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    First post from me again:
    In this time i chose SCL 7, since SCL 9 was too difficult in some parts (5* node) and the amount of time spent was not reflected by the additional rewards.
    I guess i spent like 50% more time in this even for what? Few CPs and ISO? 
    As long as mission (aka Node) rewards remains the same for SCL7,8 and 9 (except for 5* mission), i am staying at SCL 7.
    MAYBE after i get my first 5* promoted, i will reconsider this, but so far... nope :/

Anyway, thanks for participating on poll (especially if you also participated on the previous one) - maybe results will show that SCL 9 is actually attractive for important part of playerbase...

Cheers :-)
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,795 Chairperson of the Boards
    7 because I will be working, 8 when I'm off work.
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    I'll just wait for a 5* I actually have to come up before trying SCL 9. Pretty sure I won't stay there past said trial. 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 8, as always.  My 5* aren't levelled enough to be useful.  My 5* for these two events aren't even covered enough to be useful.  The 5* essential in SCL 8 of Venom Bomb is bad enough in what is pretty much 2 against 3.  I don't want to try opponents 100+ levels higher.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    I did 7 and will likely continue to for the next while.

I had been doing SCL7 for some time, then recently (about 3 or 4 events ago) I switch to 8.  I usually have a narrow window of 30-60 minutes to get 4 optimal clears before life gets in the say.  I finally got a point where I could hit that for 8.  However, the 5* node changes that.  Even though I don't have 5pidey (only 3 I don't have are the current latest) I'm opting to return back to 7.  There's not enough incentive to move up any higher than that.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually had to drop down to SCL 6, since I don't have the 5*, and without that node, I can't get t50, which kills my HP income.

I do have at least one cover for about 2/3 of them, so I shouldn't have to do it every time, but it's definitely going to slow down my 3*-4* transition.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    scl8 and i regret it, my teams arent bad but the added 55-105 levels from the old max of 350(which i believe was the old max?) is killing me.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    I chose cl7, after playing cl9 in venom bomb. I want to see what the difference in rewards would be for casual play (clearing only for CP and event tokens in subs - progression 4* and CP). I'm also interested to see if the 5* req give the same amount of CP in 7 as they did in 9 (in 9 you get 3 CP for the second clear). 

I usually played in 8 before cl9
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Haven't joined yet, but I might hop in SCL 9. Spidey & DD are the only 5* characters I don't have rostered. Since I can't hit the 5* node, placement is out of the question, so I may as well see what SCL9 is like and snag any extra progression rewards I can. Besides, this way I won't have to worry about timing for clears.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    CL5.

CL9 is too hard
    CL8 is fine but pointless because of lousy rewards
    CL7 is fine, but now impossible to even go for placement

So I went to cl5, where I can clear quickly with 3* Thanos and steal rewards from weaker rosters. It's not even that easy, since there are plenty of ppl in top10 with 4* champs.

Nice improvements.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I chose SCL 9 FOR THE FIRST TIME
    Kishida said:
    Haven't joined yet, but I might hop in SCL 9. Spidey & DD are the only 5* characters I don't have rostered. Since I can't hit the 5* node, placement is out of the question, so I may as well see what SCL9 is like and snag any extra progression rewards I can. Besides, this way I won't have to worry about timing for clears.

Same thing here. Don't have the 5* essential so this is the best time to try out "regular" SCL9 scaling.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haven't decided yet, but since I have plenty of time to grind due to being home sick and placement is probably out the window anyway since I don't have Peter Parker I am leaning towards SCL9 again since the progression rewards are better.
    I might try to ind a slow bracket to increase my chances of decent placement though.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Just for giggles, I checked the rosters of the T10 leaders in my SCL8 slice for Venom Bomb.  I finished just outside T10 (even though I had the Star-Lord essential and played the node, albeit only 4 times), and was literally the only roster that did not have any levelled or champed 5* characters (also, most of the 4* characters were in the 300+ range, compared to my paltry level 280s).  So basically, there is no wee kitten way in small felines that I'm playing SCL9.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    New comics day on Marvel Unlimited, a couple new games on Xbox 1, RiRi as progression...I need the quickest clears possible in this event.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    D4Ni13 said:
    I chose cl7, after playing cl9 in venom bomb. I want to see what the difference in rewards would be for casual play (clearing only for CP and event tokens in subs - progression 4* and CP). I'm also interested to see if the 5* req give the same amount of CP in 7 as they did in 9 (in 9 you get 3 CP for the second clear). 

I usually played in 8 before cl9
    The original announcement stated 3 CP in CL9, 2 CP in CL8, and 1 CP in CL7.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did 7 for Venom Bomb and will do it again. Riri progression cover and hopefully will snag a top 10 spot for a Mockingbird cover.
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I have chosen CL7 while I save up 1,000,000 ISO (currently at 580,000) to bring 5* Thanos, Black Panther and Hawk Eye all up from level 360 to champ in one hit so I can try out CL8.

I have every 5* rostered, but a few only have 2 or 3 covers, so I may still have to drop down to CL7 from time to time once I have the first three 5*s champed.

I guess that means their plan to encourage folks to roster and level the 5* tier has worked for at least one person.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Normally in 7, tried 9 for Venom Bomb - it just took too much time.
    I'm giving 8 a shot this time around, to see how long the clears take, before I decide if I'm going back to 7 or not.
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    I have found my sweet spot in 8 and I plan on staying. I have a nice 4* roster but have not leveled any 5*s yet.