ISO-8 To Champ

Options
The cost is too darn high for champing 4*s and 5*s.

When you earn 70 ISO for a victory but it costs over 500k to champ a 5*, that's absurd and < 0.01% of what is needed.  That's a complete waste of a players time.

The ISO rewards should go way up and the cost to champ should go down significantly

The increase in price from 3 to 4* is higher than the increase from 4 to 5*.  That's asinine.

Comments

• Michaelcles
    Michaelcles Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    28 views and no comments?  I guess everyone else is happy wasting their time.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nah, it's just been said enough times already.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I will agree that the amount to champ a 4* is pretty ridiculous. A 2* with the champ fee is about 75K. I think A 3* is about 127K. So not even double a 2*. But then a 4* (now the largest tier) jumps all the way to 377K, almost three times as much as the tier before it. 

Anyone feel free to correct me on these numbers if I'm wrong. 

I think the cost to champ a 4* should be adjusted to somewhere between 275-300k. It maybe made sense when they were more rare and considered to be a more valuable commodity, but as I already mentioned, it's now the largest tier and therefore the biggest ISO sink by default. 

Although, 550K for a 5* still seems about right. They're still a petty big deal, and are appropriately powerful and the price seems fair. 
  • Michaelcles
    Options
    Then let's keep talking about it until it changes.  The more posts about it the more likely it will be taken seriously.

All things considered, it is a pretty easy thing for them to change.  Just some numbers in code.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Then let's keep talking about it until it changes.  The more posts about it the more likely it will be taken seriously.

All things considered, it is a pretty easy thing for them to change.  Just some numbers in code.
    It's not about how easy it would be for them. It's about whether or not their finance people think it will gain the company more money. Apparently, the projection is that it won't. Just sayin'.
  • Michaelcles
    Options

It's not about how easy it would be for them. It's about whether or not their finance people think it will gain the company more money. Apparently, the projection is that it won't. Just sayin'.
    I get that, which is why my other suggestion talked about alienating new customers.

if you don't speak up, then they don't have to listen.

I heard that the cost to champ 3*s went down after 4*s came out.  Well, now there are 5*s, so it is reasonable to expect a decrease for 4*s.  After all, a 4* isn't as valuable anymore with a 5*.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They are always threading the needle between giving you a sense of progress with rewards/requirements, and you feeling it's pointless and quitting.  At 377k and 50 4* characters, that's 18,850,000.  At 40k iso a day, which is what a high playing roster can average, that's 471 days.  A younger roster has a much higher hill to climb with less iso gain.  I realize there are more than 50 4's, so I'm low in my estimate.

So, it seems like the number could be lowered a little at this point and not hurt their bottom line too much.  People don't really buy iso, it's more of a device to drive play (currency that rewards time spent/promotes engagement). OTOH, the iso spigot flows better than ever before.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Honestly with the improvements to ISO income I don't think they are too high anymore.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bluewolf said:
     At 40k iso a day, which is what a high playing roster can average, that's 471 days.  A younger roster has a much higher hill to climb with less iso gain.  I realize there are more than 50 4's, so I'm low in my estimate.

A few months back when I was tracking this, I was averaging about 53k per day, and that was when I barely had any 4* champs and couldn't make 900 in PvP, so I'd bet that players with a good number of 4* champs average over 60k per day.

While I would like to see maybe a little more ISO, I think the balance right now is decent. If they gave too much more, I think it would unbalance the game. Also, I think the argument about earning 70 ISO per win is specious, since that is probably the worst source of ISO in the game (other than buying it).  Pretty much every other source of ISO gives you significantly more than you get from winning PvP/Simulator matches.

• TPF Alexis
    edited September 2017
    Options
    bluewolf said:

At 40k iso a day, which is what a high playing roster can average, that's 471 days.  A younger roster has a much higher hill to climb with less iso gain.  I realize there are more than 50 4's, so I'm low in my estimate.
    That actually seems a bit low to me. I don't play much PvP, and I've only been playing for like 7 months, and I pull in close to 40K on an average, non-Lightning Round day. Even on the middle day of a 2-day sub, I'm getting like 15K or more, and Lightning Rounds push that way up.

Also, honestly, 4* are when we really start getting into the "marathon not a sprint" nature of the game. It doesn't seem terribly unreasonable to me for it to take a year and a half to Champ them all. You're not supposed to get there overnight.
  • Michaelcles
    Options
    broll said:
    Honestly with the improvements to ISO income I don't think they are too high anymore.
    So, you are willing to dump your roster and start over completely?