The Mysterious case of the missing Moonstone...

Options
DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
So I'm playing Venom Bomb and the node with the 3 required characters. As I usually do to save on health I use the loaners who can normally get the job done. Fire up the node and...well there is a Moonstone shaped hole and I'm fighting with 2 toons only! I still won (which maybe says something about Moonstone) but is this just me or anyone else had this happen?!?!?

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had that happen to me earlier. Quite strange. At least it was her rather than Carol that vanished! 
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Had loaner cap disappear on me.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Happened to me with Captain America.

Started the match and it was 2 on 3. I was like whaaaa
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    This is a little off-topic but I mistook my Moonstone for Riri! I had used Riri and Carol for the gateway node to open the sub, and then the loaner node features Carol again so my mind did it's trickery and I fired Moonstone's red thinking she was Riri and would end the match but... bleh. Cap would have ended it with his red too had I been paying attention.  :p
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    Happened to me with Carol. Made for a slightly rough match.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    This is a little off-topic but I mistook my Moonstone for Riri! I had used Riri and Carol for the gateway node to open the sub, and then the loaner node features Carol again so my mind did it's trickery and I fired Moonstone's red thinking she was Riri and would end the match but... bleh. Cap would have ended it with his red too had I been paying attention.  :p
    OK, I can understand mistaking Moonstone for Carol, but for Riri? ;)
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The curious case of the cut-off Cap?

My Cap is champed, but I tried to use the loaner. 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Cut off Cap is rough! So this is a bug or...evil plan of Hydra?

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is a bug reported in the bug forum.  It only affects loaners.  If you take a team of all loaners, you will randomly lose one and go as a 2-(wo)man team.  Once you've lost one, you will continue to lose that same one on that node each time you re-run it as long as you select all loaners and don't switch devices.  If you switch devices, it will randomly drop a character again (maybe the same one, maybe one of the other 2).

tl;dr:
    Use the right forum.  It's been repeatedly reported.  Don't use all 3 loaners.  Pick 2 loaners  and 1 rostered character
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Thanks abmoraz. As for using the "right forum" then the moderators are free to move this thread if they so choose. Maybe you could have just linked where to go, eh?

• Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i start the fight, and only moonsone appears (the other 2 disappeared).
  • SkadenFrudee
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Or you can just go back to the selection screen and switch back and forth between your toons and the loaners until all three show up, as I did.

tl;dr switch 'til they all appear, avoid bad advice.

Same device, different character dissappeared, restored by swapping til loaner showed up. 
  • Lucifier
    Options
    for me, all three appears in the selection, 2 of them disappeared after the fight start, i don't know how to post a picture in here, anyone can tell me how?
  • Lucifier
    edited September 2017
    Options
    this is the picture
    IMG_0088
  • SkadenFrudee
    edited September 2017
    Options
    They didn't disappear on me, I guess ymmv:

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Thanks abmoraz. As for using the "right forum" then the moderators are free to move this thread if they so choose. Maybe you could have just linked where to go, eh?

Sorry.  Here's the link: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/67706/venom-bomb-where-is-capn#latest

• DAZ0273
    Options
    abmoraz said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Sorry.  Here's the link: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/67706/venom-bomb-where-is-capn#latest

No worries and thanks to all replying.

• Tseb
    Tseb Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    Lucifier said:
    this is the picture
    IMG_0088
    Looks like Moonstone just got punked after CM and CA said they had her back if she wanted to go after Doc Ock for what they said he said about her.