Venom Bomb where is Cap'n?

Options
qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
In the first essential node (Tendrils everywhere) I choose the loaners, no need to waste my own. And the fight starts without Steve Rogers??? Tried three times always the same. Edit: If I pick my own Steve, he joins the battle. Weird! (This is on steam btw)

Comments

• Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I noticed this with Moonstone; I don't have her rostered at the moment, and what I've noticed is that if I tap her icon she's not in the battle, but if I just leave it alone (which is fine, since it's defaulting to the loaner), she's there.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In these nodes I usually tap them all to get the loaners. Thats whats wrong I guess.
  • Kmjakob
    Kmjakob Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Same happend to my as well i play on phone samsung s7
  • brontag1
    brontag1 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Similar situation here.  I tapped all the loaners to save health packs.  Then the fight started and I only had moonstone to beat the 3 baddies.  Made for a more challenging fight, but bleh.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All loaners for me too, no Moonstone.
  • MarcSpector68
    MarcSpector68 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I had the same issue but it wouldnt let me use Ms. Marvel loaner...
  • Jetmanvin
    Jetmanvin Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    What's wrong with the MM and the Capn Steve loaner? Please resolve this bug as I've already put in a ticket..
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, it was strange with no Cap and just Moonstone and Carol. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The first time I played that node (using all loaners), Cap was missing.  I just had Moonstone and Capt. Marvel.

The second time, I played that node (on a different device, again using all loaners), now Capt. Marvel is missing (I only have Cap America and Moonstone).

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the Time Square sub, I only had Captain America.  In the Empire State Building sub, now I only have Captain Marvel.  This is a weird one...
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Keeps happening to me too. They've all disappeared at one time or another. Very annoying.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you're using all loaners, there's no penalty for retreating.

Can you retreat and retry the node until you have all three?
  • abmoraz
    edited September 2017
    Options
    If you're using all loaners, there's no penalty for retreating.

Can you retreat and retry the node until you have all three?
    Nope.  It's repeateable for me.  Once one is missing, that same one is always missing when I re-enter that same node.

NOTE: This is ONLY for loaner toons.  If I take my rostered ones, they work just fine (but why would I want to do that?)
    NOTE2: I am doing SHIELD Clearance Level 9 (the new one with a required 5* node).  I can't speak as to whether or not this is happening at other clearance levels.
  • abmoraz
    Options
    My *GUESS* as to why this is happening is that the 5* toon is considered "required" but isn't selectable.  So when the match starts, it puts in a blank for that toon.

Just a guess.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    But it happens sometimes and not others. Or I can back out and go back in again but that works sometimes and not others as well. It's very inconsistent.
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If the loaner doesn't show up on the boost selection screen, you can try going back one screen, and switch from the loaner back to your toon then back to the loaner. I was able to get all three to show up by doing that. Took a couple tries though. Screenshots here:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/67742/the-mysterious-case-of-the-missing-moonstone
  • MarcSpector68
    MarcSpector68 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Are the DEVs going to respond to this....

• SkadenFrudee
    Options
    No. But Brigby or another mod might. I hope they at least change the title of the post to more accurately reflect the issue. 
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    SCL 8 didn't want to try 9 yet, Loaner Moonstone never arrives, my own C4rol rarely shows up. I usually use all the loaners, so no need to waste health packs, but when I walked into a fight with ONLY loaner C4rol i used my own, and walked in with just supersoldier and moonstone. Getting a little annoyed. Is there a fix?
  • SkadenFrudee
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Did you try the fix I detailed two posts above yours? It worked for me every time I had the bug crop up.