Options
2»

Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Last night I spent 240 CP to buy two 4-star Carol covers so I could champ her. There were a few reasons I did this, none of which I was convinced were good reasons:

1. Dangit, I wanted a champed Carol
    2. My Carol was 5/5/1 and I had previously been forced to sell two of her covers. The 4-star progression reward in Venom Bomb is a yellow and I was looking at potentially selling another Carol cover.
    3. She's boosted in Venom Bomb
    4. She's top tier
    5. She left the 'latest 12' and I was looking at drastically low odds of pulling two green covers anytime soon

I really enjoyed blasting symbiotes last night in the first Venom Bomb sub with my shiny new Carol, but that doesn't mean I didn't have some buyer's remorse. 240 CP for two covers is obviously inefficient when that same amount of CP can be used to buy 9.6 latest legends covers or 12 classics.

As I reflect today, I'm thinking reason #1 is the best justification for spending whatever amount of CP to champ a character, whether it's a 3-star, 4-star, or 5-star. Dangit, I wanted a champed Carol. And I had fun blasting symbiotes. Isn't that what the game is all about? Enjoying our favorite Marvel characters and having fun.
    Back when I didn't have any 4* champion and the vaulting occur I was wondering which one to focus on. I never liked any iteration of Captain Marvel before the 4* version, but I did see a glimpse of what the new Carol can do. I liked her mechanic and I had fun with her in a preview match in PvE. I said she would be a good target to focus, but I wasn't attached. 

After that I began to search her background, and found her 2016-2017 comics. I instantly fell in love with her lore so I made her championing my only goal at that point. I didn't bought her with CP, but I did invest a lot of HP in my efforts. 

So don't feel bad for wanting to have her. She's very good game-wise, and has a good lore (2016+ comics). 
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I did almost the same thing with my last 4* champ Vulture. My Vulture was 5,1,5 and I drew a black. I then bought a green for 120 cp and another green that popped up in the Heroes for Hire store and champed, no regrets here either.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've spent 240 or more with Jean Grey, Red Hulk, and Wasp before too.  Those were good choices too.

I'm sure I've spend 120 on others as well.