Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    40-67
    shardwick said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    OJSP said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    teen Jean is a 4* I didn't roster, so I'm not interested in her.
    Wow. Why? I would be happy to have a Purple cover as the first power for her.
    Well, I had 4 covers a year ago, and with the vaulting never had the chance to add to that, so I eventually sold her for space. I don't particularly like her that much, and since I already have 12 champs in 4* land now, I don't feel the need to have her. I rather concentrate on Phoenix later on, than look back on teen Jean. I know my decision may surprise a lot of people, but I actually play with characters that I like and I am not interested in the power itself, but the joy those heroes bring when playing them... and I don't really see myself playing her. 
    Different strokes I guess. She was one of the first 4*s that I ever fought in the game and she utterly destroyed me. I mean it wasn't even close. I remember when I first did a match five against her and she stunned me and ended my turn I thought it was a glitch or something. "But I did a match five! I get another turn!" She's always been one of my favorite Marvel characters so I absolutely did not hesitate to roster her once I finally drew her with a classic legendary. She's one of the better 4s to me. Now if it was Elektra I could totally feel ya.
    Now don't get me wrong, I'm an X-Men fan and I love Jean as a Marvel character. But I grew up with the adult Jean, the one who made Wolverine flinch, not the teeny girly version of her. Maybe that's why I like Phoenix better as MPQ lore and I don't feel the need to roster the 4* version.

I do agree that she is very powerful in MPQ and I actively avoid fighting against her. Maybe if vaulting didn't screw up my covers for her, I would eventually leveled her. But after I was forced to sell her covers, the idea of losing more than 6-7 covers by now has lowered my interest. Besides, I am focusing on other heroes right now... And if I still have 1 Jean in my roster, I feel fine :)
  • charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    80-100
    I ended with 81 wins. I did 41 the first event because I thought I might be able to make T10 but quickly found that my score wasn't going to climb any higher than it was. I grinded out 40 in BFF event for the Teen Jean cover, although if I hadn't champed C4GE right before the event I'm not sure it would have been doable. 40 wins is just too many, especially when there are boosted characters who slow the game down (C4GE, Peggy, etc.) Trying to do 10-12 PVP matches a day after work on top of PVE, and also DDQ in the morning is far too much of a time commitment, especially for a game that requires as much repitition as this one. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    100-150
    127 right now. May do afew before bed to help knock me out.

First event was 79 since I'm in an iso crunch and just kept going for match rewards.
    Second event I didn't check start times on so missed catching the seed teams or else I'd have 10 more than my current 48 wins.

So much more enjoyable when getting attacked only effects placement.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    1-40
    I dont play PVP usually because of the horrible match making, 3 star transitioning into 4 star land facing two 5 stars a hundred levels higher than my highest character is just bad programming, but with wins you can squeak out some easy small rewards without losing too much.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    80-100
    I dont play PVP usually because of the horrible match making, 3 star transitioning into 4 star land facing two 5 stars a hundred levels higher than my highest character is just bad programming, but with wins you can squeak out some easy small rewards without losing too much.
    I'm a 4* player that regularly plays a heavy amount of PVP, and I NEVER have to fight two 5*s a hundred levels higher than me.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    80-100
    Hulkbuster and Jean are featured as rewards twice a year at most.  If the rewards were any of the new 12, I would have played to the CP and left a cupcake to defend. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    67-80
    Got my 2 4* Covers and headed out. BFF in particular was fun, since I remembered to start early enough to hit the Seed Teams, and spent most of the time fighting with my 2*. Never even broke 800 in either event.
  • NicholasHewitt
    NicholasHewitt Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    80-100
    I just got to 41 wins in BFF. I also just hit 2200 points. I only had to get 1300 extra points to get my Jean Grey cover! 

This system really feels like a time saver. Thanks devs!
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,795 Chairperson of the Boards
    1-40
    32 wins.

Really like the new system, but I'm not doing 40 matches for something I used to do in 25-30. If PVE wasn't 5-6 clears per day and still the old system where I could do 4 and leave it for 24 hours I'd put more energy into pvp. 5 clears I can't be bothered. I will take the 16 wins and bail.
  • ComatoseJackal
    ComatoseJackal Posts: 50 Match Maker
    40-67
    66 in defiance of the stupid **** 20 hero points for finishing with the 67 wins they wanted you to achieve at the **** end there. Such horse **** final reward even for a 2 event "season" suck a **** ****...hehehehehehahahajahaha
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    80-100
    85 total here. I don't think I'll need to add any more either.
  • Tseb
    Tseb Posts: 67 Match Maker
    40-67
    I liked the event, but kept meeting a solid wall of opponents where one or both characters were 75+ levels higher.  In Nefarious, I was behind enough that I just went ahead and dived to get opponents I had a decent chance of beating.  However, in BFF, I grabbed an early lead and then kept waiting in vain for better rosters to overtake me.  When it became apparent that no one would, I finally dropped anchor at 31 wins.
  • motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    40-67
    I got 55 wins over the two events. Ended up over 1100 points in each but didn't get anywhere near the 4* cover in either event. If this is how PVP will be in future I won't bother - why would I want to play for longer in order to win less?
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    150+
    163 just playing normally. Shielded first event at 31 wins, ended with 92. Shielded at 27 second event.
    There was absolutely no reason to float and retalwar to get 40 wins per event. It's in fact counterproductive seeing as full season rewards are being given for just 2 events.
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    67-80

80 wins on the dot. Zero reason to do more since I wasn't going to hit T10 for the CP. Both times hit 40 wins and threw up a 24 hr # and finished T25.

• rastafari7
    rastafari7 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    67-80
    Exactly 80, just wanted those 4* covers.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    40-67
    I got 30-something in the first one (boosted champ Mordo ate all 3* opponents I could find for lunch), and stopped at 16 in BFF just to snag the CP. I did pick up a pair of 4* from the ten-pack. Limited playtime this week prevented much more than that.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    80-100
    80 exactly.  Your voting choices are confusing.   It should be 81-100 or something.  40 wins each event, t5 each event.  CP  needs to stay out of progression permanently. It's much better to have in placement.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    31. Needed it for the pack, Venom Bomb started so I went back to PvE.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    67-80
    Exactly 80, because I wanted both the 4* covers. Also, that got me pretty okay placement in both cases (top 25)