Infinity Season win total poll

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    1-40
    All I wanted was the heroic 10-pack. It ended up being one of the best 10-packs I've opened, with two 4-stars (Blade, C&D) and three 3-stars. Definitely beat the odds on that one.  B)
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    80-100
    Currently at 92. May need a few more to try and stay in top 10 for BFF.
    I did play retaliations game with lower and lower teams in the first pvp, though. It was fun but also inflated the number of wins.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    40-67
    I did 41 for the first event. I got the CP in Best Friends and I'm out. Need the break.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    1-40
    I was only planning to play for the 10-pack, I'm glad I went for 24 in the first event, I struggled to make it to 10 in BFF. After the 3 seeds all I saw was maxed 4* teams. Most of which I would be a coin toss for me to beat.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    150+
    Starfury said:
    I am currently at 142 wins and will end with 150+.  I am guessing around 170-180. 
    Ick, why? 
    Our ally, in the offseason, has a beat the heck out of each other with as low teams as we can go for these events until last 24 hours.  we had BFF down to a 3* and a 1*.  this will not show to anybody, only the retaliation.  nice way to break the pvp norm. 

What better way to shows how well the new system works.

Btw, the poll would be better if the intervals didn't intersect. What option do you select if you played 2*40 wins? 67-80 or 80-100?

We do this every offseason no matter what, so the win thing didn't matter to us one bit. 

For the poll, yes I should have done 81-100.  So sorry.

• Jsh2014
    Jsh2014 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    80-100
    Still needs adjustments but 84 wins  I probably will play some more and I have enjoyed it a lot 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    40-67
    I was only planning to play for the 10-pack, I'm glad I went for 24 in the first event, I struggled to make it to 10 in BFF. After the 3 seeds all I saw was maxed 4* teams. Most of which I would be a coin toss for me to beat.

Seeing as this is a 2-man team event, you should be able to use a lot more toons (and therefore teams), especially since there isn't a required character that you have to keep alive each match.  Try using something other than your top team.

Invisibility tends to be your friend in these events, especially if you are over-matched in a direct damage dealing sense.  I had a Prof-X at half health vs Miles Morales and OML team yesterday that took about 20 minutes to finish.  Strategic use of my team-ups so that prof-X put down special tiles, then buffed the **** out of them along with "Please stay invis, please stay invis, please stay invis" coupled with the "how do I get rid of Miles' invisibility tile AND still do some damage" made for a fun change of pace, especially since time is much less of a factor in this style of event (because getting hit doesn't really affect your rewards).
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    40-67
    I was only going to do 16 per event for the 10CP and the season reward 10-Pack, but had some time and got tempted by the 2500iso reward in one of them. I found the old system pretty soul-destroying but 40 wins for the 4* cover is still too high.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    67-80
    80,exactly.
    that's the number I need for the 4* covers. 
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    67-80
    Starfury said:

Btw, the poll would be better if the intervals didn't intersect. What option do you select if you played 2*40 wins? 67-80 or 80-100?

^ This ^
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    40-67
    63 wins.
    Managed to put out a twin 4* team early on in BFF and got about 2 retaliation nodes, so options were grind, drop, grind, or ignore progression and try for placement. I've reached 27 and in the top 10, will go again if position is threatened as another 3* cover is not worth 300hp by itself to me.
    More time, less reward.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    67-80

80 wins bang on - should really have been an option on it's own.

Both events hit 900 around 20ish wins, then grind, grind, grind to hit 40 wins.  painful and zero fun.  Like the progression not being lost, but the wins are too many and the fact that you still need points for placement leaves things confusing once you hit 900ish with soo many fights left to go. 

900+ is normally good for me to hit top 25 in CL8, I can do that all events with 1 shield at the very end.  Odd time I head past to 1200 with a couple of hops.  Now I hit that 900 which gives me the placement I want, but I've got to float or shield hop to get the remaining wins when I'd much rather be done with the event.

• Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    100-150
    Somewhere around 130 here and done.  I had some extra time and just played.  Tried competing against different teams than I normally would fight, with mixed results.  Just basically goofing around having fun.  I hit people, and took tons of hits.   Then climbed late each event for a single shield to get some placement.  

I'd rather not be obligated/feel required to do 40 per event still.  
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    1-40
    40 wins was high, and it was a little disheartening to get up to 700 points before the 16 wins. Ended up going for 20 wins for the token in nefarious and 16 for the cp in bff, heroic 10 pack was the main goal.
  • Khartmann
    Khartmann Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    67-80
    Minimum Effort, Maximum rewards.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    67-80
    80. I'm not going to make T10, so there's no point in playing more.

Thank crunchie that's over. For now.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    80-100
    I did 91. I did 50 on the first and with less than ten minutes left I was sitting in 26th, outside of top 25 by about 10 pts and decided to break shield and do another fight or two. First was a really yummy cupcake and so the win pushed me up to 24th. Did a retal and won but I ran out of time. Oh well. On BFF I did 40 for my girl Jean and with just under a day left to go I decided to shield out for the rest of the event. No more rewards to gain and didn't feel like climbing back up tomorrow to get points again for placement, alliance and season rewards.
    D4Ni13 said:
    OJSP said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    teen Jean is a 4* I didn't roster, so I'm not interested in her.
    Wow. Why? I would be happy to have a Purple cover as the first power for her.
    Well, I had 4 covers a year ago, and with the vaulting never had the chance to add to that, so I eventually sold her for space. I don't particularly like her that much, and since I already have 12 champs in 4* land now, I don't feel the need to have her. I rather concentrate on Phoenix later on, than look back on teen Jean. I know my decision may surprise a lot of people, but I actually play with characters that I like and I am not interested in the power itself, but the joy those heroes bring when playing them... and I don't really see myself playing her. 
    Different strokes I guess. She was one of the first 4*s that I ever fought in the game and she utterly destroyed me. I mean it wasn't even close. I remember when I first did a match five against her and she stunned me and ended my turn I thought it was a glitch or something. "But I did a match five! I get another turn!" She's always been one of my favorite Marvel characters so I absolutely did not hesitate to roster her once I finally drew her with a classic legendary. She's one of the better 4s to me. Now if it was Elektra I could totally feel ya.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    80-100
    Just got my Jean cover which, combined with the 42 wins from Nefarious Foes, puts me at 82. I'm enjoying this and its a fairly easy source of extra goodies. I may play more matches yet. Although I doubt it because I still have PVE and Deadpool Daily to play today also.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    40-67
    I'll probably end around 67, 40 in the first PvP, but I detest Best Friends at the 5* level, it makes the fights even more painful than before to me, and my Jean is already around 300, so not a massive issue for 1 cover.