Appreciation post

Options
2»

Comments

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby is probably the best part of the forums. Now if we could get a developer posting on the feedback and suggestion board that would be great.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've had some angry rants out here, some not so angry ones as well. I've gone back and forth with a few different people. All the while @Brigby has let the conversation run its course as long as things didn't resolve to personal insults and just general immaturity.

Being the "community manager" has to be a tiresome job. I could not sit down and read every post of every discussion to make sure nothing off color is said, no one is breaking the rules, etc. I'm sure there are numerous times @Brigby has read something and rolled his eyes or snorted. I'm sure we have made him fall over laughing before too.

Thank you @Brigby for everything you do out here. All the updates, all the information passed from the devs to us, and the questions passed to the devs.

Oh, and playing babysitter to the group of 30-50 year olds that frequent these forums!!!!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Oh, and playing babysitter to the group of 30-50 year olds that frequent these forums!!!!
    So true, it hurts. Oh, that's just my back.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Alsmir said:
    mexus said:
    Alsmir said:
    Wut? We must be browsing different forums, because I've seen anything but good communication.
    It's hard sometimes to see the good communication that's being made between the thick walls of bitterness and angry posts from regular users.
    I guess that bitterness is unjustified and angry posts appear for no reason at all?

This appreciation post is about Brigby, and he has nothing to do with your biterness and disappointment toward the features of the game and decisions made in that direction. That was the the idea, but it seems you didn't quite understand what I wrote up there. 

And if you understood and you still think the opposite (and you have the right to have a different opinion, of course), you may not see the position or role of Brigby, and you may blame him for something he is not responsible for. 
    Last time I tried contacting him with PM, I send two messages and got zero response. No, I don't think he's doing a good job.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby you have my bow and my axe. 

I mean thanks for being great! 
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Alsmir said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Alsmir said:
    mexus said:
    Alsmir said:
    Wut? We must be browsing different forums, because I've seen anything but good communication.
    It's hard sometimes to see the good communication that's being made between the thick walls of bitterness and angry posts from regular users.
    I guess that bitterness is unjustified and angry posts appear for no reason at all?

This appreciation post is about Brigby, and he has nothing to do with your biterness and disappointment toward the features of the game and decisions made in that direction. That was the the idea, but it seems you didn't quite understand what I wrote up there. 

And if you understood and you still think the opposite (and you have the right to have a different opinion, of course), you may not see the position or role of Brigby, and you may blame him for something he is not responsible for. 
    Last time I tried contacting him with PM, I send two messages and got zero response. No, I don't think he's doing a good job.
    My experience regarding communication with him is very different. He helped me when CS didn't even blink, and if it weren't for his intervention, I would not play this game anymore. It happened several month ago, maybe close to 1 year, and since then my overall experience with MPQ changed. But I didn't make this post because of that. I truly think he is doing a good job in the circumstances he is in. And I also believe there must be a reason he didn't anwser your PM (Maybe he was at a convention and didn't had time?)

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, you are entitled to your opinion, and as you stated you may have your reasons, and I respect that. It just that if seems odd, because the overall consensus is that everybody had a better experience since he became what he is today. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Alsmir said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Alsmir said:
    mexus said:
    Alsmir said:

Hi @Alsmir. I apologize if I had missed your message. I usually get at least 10-15 new ones each day, so sometimes messages get buried. I'll search through my Inbox to see if I can find yours, and respond back to it asap.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby
    You da man!  You got a tough job and you do good despite the difficult circumstances.  
    May the force be... wait wrong IP
    Excelsior!  
    Wait Disney owns Marvel and Star Wars now so May the force be with you :-p