Appreciation post

Options
D4Ni13
D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
The world of MPQ can be a little too 'ugly' sometimes, due to strong (and quite bad) reactions being sent in the forum nearly every day. Decisions are made, and although the greater good is always sought, you cannot make everybody happy. In the last year there were many complains and heavy thoughts passed on this forum (more than any other year before I believe).

Now I'm not here to debate if this is fair or not, and nor do I question the reason behind the complains (because everyone has a reason to express themselves one way or another and the truth have many forms). But for once, I would like to see the full part of the glass, and want to congratulate @Brigby for his wonderful work he's done so far, especially because his task is far from easy.

He is not a developer, nor a designer, but he is more our 'Community Manager' if you want to call him that way. And everytime we won't agree or like some decisions made, he is the one caught in the middle of all, with no fault whatsoever, trying to defuse things. Despite all this, he always been informative, helpful and tried to keep us content, and this was very hard, especially this past year.

So I think he deserves to be appreciated for what he's doing everyday in his effort to keep us 'happy' day in & day out. 

Thank You Brigby! You're awesome ;)

Comments

• Jsh2014
    Jsh2014 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    Here here 1000% agree thx @Brigby
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Totally co-signed. Brigby does an amazing job considering the constraints he is under. I've never felt like he is being intentionally disingenuous, despite occasionally being aware of things he can't tell us.
  • Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks @Brigby for the amazing job.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You're Welcome
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cheers to that.

• Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby You seem cool.
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Every time I'm tiiny kittyed off, Brigby talks me off the edge. Thanks for helping me keep perspective!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby has done an amazing job so far.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Wut? We must be browsing different forums, because I've seen anything but good communication.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I thought this is would be a thumbs-up to the developers as well. Personally, I welcome all the new changes in the game. It's far better than when I first started. The forum is a bit unfair towards them quite often. I'm happy the administrators and moderators managed to keep this place civil and pleasant. It's one of the few forums I like and that's mostly thanks to the folks here.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks Brigby and also thanks for all the improvements to MPQ to try and keep it fresh for us players.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby rocks!  :)

I'd even go as far as saying he's the best Community Manager this place has seen. So much info, very quickly. Massively appreciated. 
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mexus said:
    Alsmir said:
    Wut? We must be browsing different forums, because I've seen anything but good communication.
    It's hard sometimes to see the good communication that's being made between the thick walls of bitterness and angry posts from regular users.
    I guess that bitterness is unjustified and angry posts appear for no reason at all?

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Alsmir said:
    mexus said:
    Alsmir said:
    It's hard sometimes to see the good communication that's being made between the thick walls of bitterness and angry posts from regular users.
    I guess that bitterness is unjustified and angry posts appear for no reason at all?

This appreciation post is about Brigby, and he has nothing to do with your biterness and disappointment toward the features of the game and decisions made in that direction. That was the the idea, but it seems you didn't quite understand what I wrote up there. 

And if you understood and you still think the opposite (and you have the right to have a different opinion, of course), you may not see the position or role of Brigby, and you may blame him for something he is not responsible for. 
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Alsmir said:
    mexus said:
    Alsmir said:

This appreciation post is about Brigby, and he has nothing to do with your biterness and disappointment toward the features of the game and decisions made in that direction. That was the the idea, but it seems you didn't quite understand what I wrote up there. 

And if you understood and you still think the opposite (and you have the right to have a different opinion, of course), you may not see the position or role of Brigby, and you may blame him for something he is not responsible for. 
    Yea, probably should create a separate post, if you want to complain about MPQ management/issues. We'll all join you there. In a Brigby appreciation post, its not good form to say "Brigby kicked my dog" without proof. 
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Seconding all that is said here.  I manage several teams of software developers, and clear, accurate communication to our customers is always a struggle, especially when there is bad or no news to give.  I'm sometimes tempted to print out Brigby's posts as training materials.

@Brigby you do an excellent job of communicating what you can, being up front about what you can't share or don't know, following up on questions, and managing expectations.  I hope your boss is reading these forums.

• Jsh2014
    Jsh2014 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
     I truly am greatful for @Brigby for all he's done and put up with from  this forum I'm also very thankful for @D4Ni13 for creating this post it's long over due. It pains me to see even such a positive post go wrong if u want to be negative then post ur own post on the message board we were just thanking him. 
  • Mordee
    Mordee Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Thanks Brigby for everything.