Please allow me to decline giving MPQ a rating

Options
2»

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm on iOS and haven't been asked to rate yet in this patch.  Is this just an Android or other platform problem?
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree.  I have already given a review (a good one), so why do I need to keep reviewing?  If you don't change it, I will give a  negative review.
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    Options
    broll said:
    I'm on iOS and haven't been asked to rate yet in this patch.  Is this just an Android or other platform problem?

I play exclusively on Android, so maybe?

Report this behavior to your platform of choice and mention this harassment right at the start of all reviews of the app.

Platforms arent amused by apps that spam for rates and occasionally they take action.

If I do end up giving a 1-star review, this will certainly be a step I'll take in addition.

EDIT: Unrelatedly, I finally figured out that if you type your response before you quote, your text doesn't get shoved in with the quote on mobile. 

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. For those who are encountering the app rating every single day, would you mind posting/messaging me your in-game name and the model of your device. (Not the OS. The actual model of your phone)

I'd like to pass this information along to the developers so they can take a closer look at this issue. Thanks!

@SkadenFrudee @abmoraz
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. For those who are encountering the app rating every single day, would you mind posting/messaging me your in-game name and the model of your device. (Not the OS. The actual model of your phone)

I'd like to pass this information along to the developers so they can take a closer look at this issue. Thanks!

@SkadenFrudee @abmoraz
    I'm on an HTC 10. I was getting it everyday, but I finally selected "I can help" and immediately backed out. Hasn't asked again in a couple days.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:

@SkadenFrudee @abmoraz
    @abmoraz
    HTC One A
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    madsalad said:
    I just hit Reminder Me Later. It never does, until the next patch.

Did that work for the current patch? Because I'm actually being reminded daily, which led me to making this post. This issue is not major, but the minor annoyances add up. 
    Hi @SkadenFrudee. The fact that you say you're being reminded daily leads me to speculate there might potentially be a bug there. I'll reach out to the developers to find out what's going on
    I'm playing on Android so YMMV, but this appears to be a new feature across the board with all Apps updated via the Play store.

Like many here, I think it's ridiculously stupid to ask me to rate an app that I've already rated just because you released a new patch, and so with all of my Apps that were recently updated I tapped "Remind me later", just like I've always been doing, except this time 'remind me later' apparently now means "remind me tomorrow", and the next day, and the next.

What does work (or seems to) is tapping 'okay' then backing out of the Play store as soon as it opens.
  • SkadenFrudee
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    I'm playing on Android so YMMV, but this appears to be a new feature across the board with all Apps updated via the Play store.

If Google decided "No Thanks" isn't an available option, then my aggravation is misplaced. If D3 made the decision, I'll leave a one star rating and follow aesthetocyst's suggestion. I'll repeat every two weeks until the option I want is restored. 
  • Brigby
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I spoke with the developers, and there will be a fix for this issue in R136.1
  • SkadenFrudee
    Options
    Thanks Brigby, I appreciate the follow through. 
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    madsalad said:
    I just hit Reminder Me Later. It never does, until the next patch.

Did that work for the current patch? Because I'm actually being reminded daily, which led me to making this post. This issue is not major, but the minor annoyances add up. 
    Hi @SkadenFrudee. The fact that you say you're being reminded daily leads me to speculate there might potentially be a bug there. I'll reach out to the developers to find out what's going on
    It is either a bug or a change in policy since there wasn't a 'no thanks' option like there always has been in the past.

• Brigby
    Options
    I'm not 100% sure about the 'No Thanks' option, however I am aware that players will no longer be reminded daily if they select the 'Remind Me Later' option.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just installed the update on iOS and didn't even get the pop-up asking for a review at all. That's the first time I haven't been asked by an update in recent memory.
  • SkadenFrudee
    Options
    I'd suggest "Remind me later" default to waiting until the next update, thereby taking the place of the removed option.

Why the decision to remove the "No thanks" was made is beyond me; removing user choices in this fashion is rarely a good thing.