Please allow me to decline giving MPQ a rating

Options
I have no desire to rate this app. Removing the "No thanks" option from the pop-up leaves me with choosing to rate the game, or choosing to be repeatedly annoyed until I do. This pop up used to reappear bi-weekly. That is often enough.

Daily requests for a rating will quickly annoy me into giving a one star rating out of spite. I find it hard to believe this was an accident. If R136 continues this behavior, it will become impossible to believe an error was made. Feel free to challenge my incredulity by reverting to the previous options. 

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Total agreement
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe if you gave a review that noted how annoying the pop-up was, they might change it?
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have avoided giving ratings for any app, ever, since I do not want to post publicly using my real name. Normally, I'd uninstall the app before doing so, but MPQ might make me break my self-imposed restriction. 
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thing is, that I did rate this app a while ago. But every new patch makes you rate it again, which is kinda stupid if you ask me. Point is that I still play the game because I like it, but I too agree that we shouldn't be forced to rate the app (even if we didn't before). I'm just gonna skip until R136. 
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It was already quite stupid for them to nag for reviews immediately after a new update when we either haven't played on this new version rendering a review invalid or there have been annoying bugs and presumably they wouldn't want reviews from then either.

However, removing the option to skip adding a review entirely just seems utterly self-sabotaging as repeatedly nagging for a review is far more likely to result in a negative review that is unlikely to restrict itself to how annoying the nag pop-up is.

• madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just hit Reminder Me Later. It never does, until the next patch.

• SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    madsalad said:

Did that work for the current patch? Because I'm actually being reminded daily, which led me to making this post. This issue is not major, but the minor annoyances add up. 
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madsalad said:

Did that work for the current patch? Because I'm actually being reminded daily, which led me to making this post. This issue is not major, but the minor annoyances add up. 

Didn't work for me either.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You can definitely give a rating without leaving a review, however. I did that, and it's left me alone. That was iOS.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madsalad said:

Yup, I just hit remind me later, including on this patch, and I don't see anything until next patch. Android here.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I will hit remind me later every time no matter how annoying it is. Screw you for trying to force me to give you a rating.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have no desire to rate this app. Removing the "No thanks" option from the pop-up leaves me with choosing to rate the game, or choosing to be repeatedly annoyed until I do. This pop up used to reappear bi-weekly. That is often enough.

Daily requests for a rating will quickly annoy me into giving a one star rating out of spite. I find it hard to believe this was an accident. If R136 continues this behavior, it will become impossible to believe an error was made. Feel free to challenge my incredulity by reverting to the previous options. 
    Well, it got the desired result.  After 3+ years of hitting "No Thanks" after every update, I finally left a 1* review that said "The repeated nag screen to rate this app is so annoying that It forced me to give a 1* review on what is game that should be rated better."
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madsalad said:

This is no longer the case.  I was getting the nag screen daily since the previous patch.  Add that to the fact that I play on multiple devices, it was utterly annoying so I left a 1* review lambasting the nag screen.  Never reward annoying behavior.  It only encourages more annoying behavior.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, agreed on this front.  If you force me to rate then prepare me to rate it accordingly.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Funny. I always decline to rate apps. Early on I got some CP from my alliance for "supporting Marvel Puzzle Quest". Then I "realized" that CP were tied to giving the game a rating and there were different amounts given :D so I eagerly waited for the next release and I joyously gave the game a 5* rating, with a glowing review, to earn my alliance 7 CP each  :D. No CP came, I asked a buddy, and learned my mistake. Went back to "remind me later" every release until I was very unhappy with some changes. I saw the rate popup and I went with my motto, "Don't ask a question you don't want the answer for" and gave it a 1* rating and horrible review. I've been hitting "no thanks" or "remind me later" ever since. Truth be told, its still definitely a 1, but there is so much potential for it to be above and beyond a 5*. A few tweaks here, a little more testing there, a little bit more generosity. It's never happening. They have a money maker, its a business, there's no reason for them to improve...only change slightly when their metrics dictate so.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    madsalad said:

Hi @SkadenFrudee. The fact that you say you're being reminded daily leads me to speculate there might potentially be a bug there. I'll reach out to the developers to find out what's going on
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Agreed
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For those on iPhones, there's a fun new feature in iOS 11:  "Tired of those annoying notifications from apps asking you to review them? Now you can turn those off altogether. Simply go to the App Store settings and disable "In-App ratings and Reviews."