20 HP

2»

Comments

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    dstann said:
    It continually surprises me how little people understand how testing works.

I'm sure the 20 HP at 67 wins is extremely intentional given that this is a test for the new system. They want to see how many people play this to completion, regardless of the final progression reward. Had the final reward been something substantial, it would have skewed their data and undermined this test (that said, it's possible there will be a second test that has a substantial final progression reward for comparison.)

But the test is flawed in that for the 2 individual events, if you get 40 wins in each you get a 4* cover.  People playing for this more worthwhile reward will also get the 20HP even though that was not why they were playing for.
    I don't know the actual parameters for their test, I was just spitballing some hypotheticals in my follow up paragraphs to this. But that said, it could still easily be argued that they're testing for the individual PvP rewards (i.e. "Can we get away with removing the final CP progression reward for each event and will players go all of the way to 40 wins for a 4* cover?") and in order to do this they'd still need to have a nonsense/lackluster final season progression reward, that way our actual motivators are more clear to them.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they have the time, budget, and leeway for more testing, we could also possibly see a test where the individual PvP event rewards are less substantial or about the same, but the season progression rewards are considerably richer, which could encourage players to engage in all PvP matches in the season for a better payoff, giving us all more diverse targets and engaging the player base. It could also show that if the season progression rewards require consistent play, and a player misses one or two PvP events and then feels the rewards they want are now unattainable, that they drop out from the season completely, making this rewards system a failure as far as creating engagement and diverse targets goes. But that's why there is testing!
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    As per the last time this test ran I have participated more in the last 24 hours than I did in the last month.
    As for those looking to nerf Thanos or there not enough diversity in PvP etc. it must be my slice or SCL7, the off season, the low rewards or something but I hardly saw any repetition in my opponents.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got my ten pack and quit. Not wasting any more time on this event