20 HP

Zappa
Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
20 HP reward after SIXTY SEVEN wins? In CL8? Where the strongest rosters are competing? If you clear the entire season you get a whopping 60 hp and 1000 iso. This isn't even enough for new players starting at the 1* tier, let alone 4 and 5*. It would be nice if D3 showed even a modicum of common sense or quality control.

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lol normally, they don't run 2 event off seasons.  

All of those rewards are brand new and have never existed in the off season.  So I'm not sure why your actually complaining that they gave you rewards, when they've never given these rewards before???

Honestly,  they won't run the infinity season next off season, so you won't have to worry about this next time 

LOL
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    While true these are "new" rewards, it's easy to extrapolate what a full season's progression will be. Notable omissions: commamd points at final event and season progression
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    So they took away the cp rewards (30) from the normal pvp and are forcing us to play 80 matches to get 2 4* covers. Yeah, "lol" is right. Man, I bet you really enjoy 5 minimum clear pves as well.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    The 20hp is stupid, but alliances who bother to care will get an LT for their effort. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's more rewards than usual. More is better than less. 
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I plan to grind out the 40 wins since I actually can use a black Hulkbuster, but I've never even come close to being that engaged in a pvp before, so we'll see how well I can actually tolerate it.  Next event there's basically no chance I'll try as hard: it's in the middle of the week and I'll already have the season rewards, so it won't be nearly as rewarding.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, raging over season rewards when there are not normally season rewards makes no sense. Literally anything you get is better than what you usually get.
  • danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 90 Match Maker
    I love not caring about being hit in a pvp. That is all that matters to me really. Everything else is bonus. 
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    I don't see the point of complaints here. First, these are all extra rewards for the offseason. Second, if you reach progression on both events, you will automatically get all "season progression rewards". So, no extra work is required anyway.  
  • murmit
    murmit Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    bluewolf said:
    *checks current Space Season progression awards. Sees that at 7500 pts (2nd to last award), you get 100 HP.
    *realizes that normal seasons are 10 events, this off-season is 2 events
    *realizes that 2 is 1/5 of 10
    * 1/5 of 100 is 20
    * goes back to awaiting Anniversary news
     Me and you both on that Anniversary so hyped!!
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    I'm more upset that they think that meager amount of HP is an acceptable award under any circumstances. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm more upset that they think that meager amount of HP is an acceptable award under any circumstances. 
    The previous reward was 0. Perspective.
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    It should be a 4 star cover.  ;)
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I freaked out when I saw it too but honestly the heroic 10 pack makes up for it to me. Hoping that they put some cp at the end of the next season test that they run though.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    If plenty of people play for the measly 20 HP, they'll know that enough of us are playing it just to play it, and the rewards are less incentive and more so a nice bonus. If most people stop playing when the good rewards end (at 31 wins, with the Heroic 10-Pack), they'll know that the gameplay itself isn't enough for the grind and that proper rewards are crucial for our participation. 
    This is what is going on. It was so obvious as soon as I saw the progression rewards. The prizes throughout are actually quite generous.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    It continually surprises me how little people understand how testing works.

I'm sure the 20 HP at 67 wins is extremely intentional given that this is a test for the new system. They want to see how many people play this to completion, regardless of the final progression reward. Had the final reward been something substantial, it would have skewed their data and undermined this test (that said, it's possible there will be a second test that has a substantial final progression reward for comparison.)

If plenty of people play for the measly 20 HP, they'll know that enough of us are playing it just to play it, and the rewards are less incentive and more so a nice bonus. If most people stop playing when the good rewards end (at 31 wins, with the Heroic 10-Pack), they'll know that the gameplay itself isn't enough for the grind and that proper rewards are crucial for our participation. This could also imply that having a 4* cover reward at 40 wins is too for much for a 3-Day PvP, and most of us are stopping at 16 wins to get the 10 CP (which gives us 32 for the season, and still gets us the 10-pack.) If most people stop playing somewhere between 31 wins and 67 wins, they'll know that many of us are still playing for placement rewards and points, rather than progression. Or perhaps we went for one 4* cover but not the other. Etc.

All of this information will help determine what they will do going forwards, and possibly even how to tier the rewards. So if you think that playing to 67 points is, well, pointless, then please stop playing at 31 wins, or wherever your interest subsides. You will be providing them crucial data and essentially casting your vote.

Edit: And if they do plan to run multiple tests, it would make sense to start with the stingiest offer and see how it performs. They want to find the sweet spot of happy, engaged players and offering as little as possible. They get nothing out of offering more than would have been required to sate us — they make their money when we're just happy enough, but also hungry enough to push a little harder and purchase that extra HP and ISO needed to achieve our goals.
    And anwser of the day goes to... you. Well written :smiley:
  • dstann
    dstann Posts: 55 Match Maker
    It continually surprises me how little people understand how testing works.

I'm sure the 20 HP at 67 wins is extremely intentional given that this is a test for the new system. They want to see how many people play this to completion, regardless of the final progression reward. Had the final reward been something substantial, it would have skewed their data and undermined this test (that said, it's possible there will be a second test that has a substantial final progression reward for comparison.)

But the test is flawed in that for the 2 individual events, if you get 40 wins in each you get a 4* cover.  People playing for this more worthwhile reward will also get the 20HP even though that was not why they were playing for.