what is your opinion about the D3 compensation (3k iso and 150HP)

Lucifier
Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
what is your opinion about the D3 compensation (3k iso and 150HP), for the communication issue in the previous day.

for me sense it did not effect me neither in PVE or PVP, so it is ok.

Comments

• Tseb
    Tseb Posts: 67 Match Maker
    It is what it is.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's an ok bonus for anyone that was asleep, and bigger compensation that they usually do. But for anyone in S2 PVE that lost out on rewards to early grinders, I imagine it's a slap in the face.

But it is what it is. Wouldn't want to complain about free stuff.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Felt about right to me. Bit more HP and ISO than I missed out on in dropping from top 50 to top 200 for the sub (and top 50 to top 100 for the event), but not overly so.

I'm cool.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I think it's fine but CP is what I normally care about missing out on when there is a server crash
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    A Bagman or Howard cover would be nice.
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Its the t10 addicts in s2 pve that were hit. They are addicts so who cares
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    I was in s5, so was unaffected. But then I fell asleep last night before doing my end grind, dropped from t50 to t200. So I guess I got compensation for my screw up vs theirs. Either way, I was happy with it. 
  • danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 90 Match Maker
    No one ever mentions xp. That's actually what I wish they could compensate. I guess everyone here is already @ 125?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    No one ever mentions xp. That's actually what I wish they could compensate. I guess everyone here is already @ 125?

Yes.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    As someone that completed an early grind in s2 to finish top ten, then get a bonus, it was pretty sweet. 
  • Lucifier
    @chaos01
    that's good luck :smile:

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    A more tailored reward would have been great but hard to program. Some people need iso, some need HP and others need CP. A way to choose your reward might have been nice. But free stuff is awesome, they did not have to give us anything.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    pretty typical for them.  Independent of whether you think you should get more.  The compensation they did send has been consistent through out the history of the game.   And their actions here have been consistent throughout the history of the game.

Honestly, as long as they act transparently and consistently,  I'm willing to let the go issue of what rewards I should have won.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think people who expect free 4* covers for some reason are probably disappointed. But this was fine. 
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    @Lucifier I've never been so happy about an early morning meeting after the fact as I was on Thursday. 
  • TheDobot
    TheDobot Posts: 61 Match Maker
    It went out during my grind and I finished 11th.  Because I was so close I feel bummed out, but if I wasn't so close I probably wouldn't care.  

Just my opinion on outages, if you finish inside the top 20/25 you should be awarded the top 10 prize.  If a player finishes that high, they have put a lot in to the grind of that event and there is a good chance the outage cost them their shot at top 10.  

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    There some logic to that.  In the Tour de france, they don't penalize the race leaders when a major race accident happens in the last 10 km.

Its probably not a bad idea to award T25 prizes to anyone who falls out of the T25, based on where they were when the outage occurred.

But they should make the policy as a going forward decision.  Not retroactively apply covers to disgruntled players.

• Lucifier
    @Phumade
    i am not sure if i understood you very well here, as English is not my main language.
    does disgruntled means something like upset?

for me, I can not complain (actually the 3k iso and 150 hp i do not even deserve it, because the outage did not effected me at all), for PVE i was in slice 5, and i ended top10 as fair (a normal playing), so the compensation was an extra free for me.

but generally the compensation concept (not just in a game) but also in real life situation, should be at least to say equal to what you lost (including what you will gain, if whatever the issue is, did not occurred) and usually should also be + extra (for other reasons).

but also i don't think it is easy for d3go, to determine who would be (in PVE or PVP) top25, top10,top5 (if the issue did not occurred), well if they keep log of data before this happened, then it will be possible to have an estimate, but they will face a new difficultly of distributing a different kind of compensation for different players.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    A couple times I got the comm link disruption messsage lasting about a minute each time. At the time I attributed it to my wifi connection.

For as little as it affected me, I found the bonus quite nice.